Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC - and other talk that has nothing to do with codes

It's also a good way to get suspended on Twitter.

Interesting. I always thought of twitter as being some kind of abbreviated version of Facebook were people get post pointless updates on their lives non-stop so I neve rwould have thought you could get suspended for posting too much.

Re: Current discount codes at SSC - and other talk that has nothing to do with codes

Twitter is a messaging platform, nothing really like Facebook at all. But I suspect that posting an endless stream of BS tweets all to hit a particular tag might get you blocked or at the very least throttled. Not to mention that if you're not using their reply feature, any of your own followers will be subjected to seeing all those useless "contest entry" tweets.

It would have been better to ask for one tweet per person, the closest three to a particular point win - be it a set time or a tweet order (like the 101st), etc.

Yup. With Twitter I know you can only tweet so many times in an hour, then you go to "Twitter Jail" for another hour I think. A friend ran into this problem when she was in charge of the @Sweden account.

Giving away a MoS figure on Facebook.

Then you lose followers because you're spamming their timeline with sideshow hashtags

Giving away a MoS figure on Facebook.

Can you enter without facebooking? I like it when they at least let you email in for a chance to win.

Thanks for the info on twitter. I never really had time for Facebook so I never even bothered with twitter so I now basically know what you guys just posted and that's it. It's sad I like being up-to-date with technology and in most aspects I am but in the social media side I have just given up because its not worth my time. I spend enough time on here.

Subscribing to this thread. Very interesting.

Funny, I came here right now to unsubscribe from this thread since there's been nothing posted for ~2 months and I'm tired of getting those damn emails haha.

You can turn off email notifications and keep the subscription - I don't do emails for any subscriptions, but like having quick access to the subscribed threads from my control panel/settings page.

So you get an email everytime a thread you're subscribed has a new post?...

Sod that!

You can turn off email notifications and keep the subscription - I don't do emails for any subscriptions, but like having quick access to the subscribed threads from my control panel/settings page.

I don't really visit the site that often anymore and I've never found any real use for the subscription service via control panel since I can always just bookmark the page or keep an extra tab open in Chrome. The email notifications during December were really helpful though. Ever since then though, I've been getting flooded with emails saying "New Post on Current Discount Codes by blahblahblahblahd" hahah

My subscribed thread list is way too long for me to consider adding them as bookmarks. ;) Plus a bookmark can't tell you when a thread has new posts in it. For the most part I only follow my subscribed threads, looking at for new threads maybe only a couple of times per week.

I could have bought anything for my wife from Sideshow at any point in the past year, planning ahead for this Valentines day. I don't think that would make any difference to her enjoyment/appreciation of the gift. ;) And just in case, that would be a big NEGATORY opinion from her in that regard.

What does this mean? Does it mean I can use it to Pre-Order items as well before they become in stock? I'm trying to use it for The Wolverine figure

"Cannot be applied to any items that become/became Pre-Order or In Stock throughout the month"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can use it for pre-order, just not recent ones. So it means what it says. If anything has just recently gone up for pre-order, you can't use the code with it. This applies to almost all codes they release - you can only use a code with items that have been available on their site as a pre-order for at least the past month. If the item is in stock, then it's fair game unless otherwise restricted (special promos).

I see. Is there a way I know which items went up this month?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if there's any quick way to see everything in order, but there should be a date on specific product pages.

Some of the Sideshow newsletters include a section at the bottom titled "Now Shipping" which should list the most recent releases.

No Feb code yet? Disappointing, but oh well I guess.

Back