Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

Got my email last night from PC, getting the War machine AOU and mark 43 $468 for all including the shipping, awesome deal.

Ill post pics of my loot once it gets here. That should annoy the anti-pc crowd :lol

got my invoice going to shipping around midnight as well. really shocked this went thru!

Just got an email from popcultcha that my order has been invoiced and sent to the warehouse, and that my statue should be sent out in the next 1-5 days. :yess:

Me too! :hi5:

Absolutely not. Same crap that was offered for Spook, even less.,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right. I sort of remember nothing changing form spook to black friday now.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this pc thing. I didn't order anything and I'm okay with it. Glitch or not deeper sales sent people in droves to that site. I think members would have still bought from them even if it were closer to 25% off. We simply didn't see a better option this year. It's definitely on my radar now.

@ Madrex What I would suggest is to stop the use of meaningless Gif postings which just creates unnecessary bandwidth being wasted for SSF forums.

images

You said it Chewie. Didn't know everyone here hated the gifs. But I'm glad to hear the PC discounts are being honored! I guess I'll stick to meaningless memes for a while then.

3eb46edc407ea45d25e44d63d3978f37921c87f92e8a104717ec73a1ed649276.jpg

Ill post pics of my loot once it gets here. That should annoy the anti-pc crowd :lol

I would actually love to see pics of the loot itself! Thats what I'm in these message boards in the first place for, to look at other collectors goodies. So post away! :)

Please do. I personally can't wait to see what you all scored at another store, on SSC' flagship week.

I'm still expecting one last big discount on those armories, otherwise they'll never get rid of them.

You said it Chewie. Didn't know everyone here hated the gifs. But I'm glad to hear the PC discounts are being honored! I guess I'll stick to meaningless memes for a while then.
I actually like animated gifs, but it uses up extra bandwidth though this site, therefore costing SSF more money monthly to maintain. I still see many threads posting them, so you are not alone.

If the images are hosted elsewhere it doesn't cost SSF anything.

Yeah, and it's not our concern, anyway. Generally I don't care for gifs, but I'm not worried at all in regards to SSF's precious bandwidth. :lol If it's a big enough problem, the admin will deal with it.

Half the people here can't carry on a conversation without gifs. Post after post of gif responses just looks stupid.

update on my $2300+ PC orders since I know everyone loves PC posts!

both orders were changed to "sent to warehouse", my smaller order $1000 one actually says SHIPPED, the larger one (that was placed 2 hours earlier than the small one) still hasn't "shipped" yet. The larger order was the items I really wanted so I am hoping there are no issues there.

Just so everyone knows, this wasn't a 50% off sale for those of us in the US, after shipping, 3% paypal fee... we got good deals, maybe 25-30% under sideshow prices, but these are the prices we were expecting from Sideshow! I think the "great deal" part came from newer items that Sideshow is either sold out on or will probably never discount at all. If they didn't "fix" the pricing I might have actually placed another $700-$800 order with figures like Bank Robber Joker 2.0 and a couple Enterbay basketball figures (those were dirt cheap but I didn't' see them until after my first 2 orders were placed).

Whatever you do for a living, get me hired there too.

It's all about managing man. Don't just buy things when they come out, wait for deals. Yeah, making more than the usual human helps, but it really comes down to managing.

And having credit cards. There's guys on this board buying everything and then selling it all on the marketplace at a loss with pathetic divorce and bankruptcy stories.

Half the people here can't carry on a conversation without gifs. Post after post of gif responses just looks stupid.

That's why I stay out of the Marvel section of the forums. It's non stop gif posting over there, and threads go up 15 pages in a day because some people just like seeing their post count increase.

I feel our conversations on here are pretty engaging most of the time. Plus we are in the sandbox , so no increase in post counts.

It's all about managing man. Don't just buy things when they come out, wait for deals. Yeah, making more than the usual human helps, but it really comes down to managing.

And having credit cards. There's guys on this board buying everything and then selling it all on the marketplace at a loss with pathetic divorce and bankruptcy stories.

This isn't a cheap hobby, never was, but especially not now. Good point with never paying full price, I can't remember the last item I bought without at least the $20 Sideshow code, and even then I usually wait for better discounts because that's really only 10% or less off. If a figure isn't a must have, wait, if you don't get it, oh well, if you can get it for 20%+ off then great!

Also when I can get figures at pricing like PC has, I figure worst case if I have to sell them, I break even. When you pay full price or even just use the $20 off coupon, that is not always the case anymore (there was a time when you just could buy every figure HT made because they never went down in price in the aftermarket, not the case anymore as they make 5X more of them and prices have doubled in the last 8 years).

I will say personally I don't have credit card debt, that is a VERY BAD idea, never carry CC balances, always pay them off each statement, especially when buying non essential items. Job wise, 100% commission, which is tough but I love it (I sell $100K worth, I get X percent of it, my wife who has a corporate salary job buys $200 million worth of goods a year and sees nothing of it except her salary, no matter how much she saves her company in negotiations).

Taxes don't work that way here. They'll just have to absorb the loss on that stock.

That's how it works everywhere even if Lotus "write this off" isn't the correct way to state it - nothing "written off" makes you money obviously. REVENUE - Cost Of Good Sold - EXPENSES = INCOME. If their revenue from selling figures is equal to their cost of goods, they have zero income and nothing to pay taxes on. If it's lower or you also factor in expenses then they're at a negative and post a loss - they still have no tax to pay. So in other words, selling stuff for low prices reduces your tax exposure/burden because it reduces your revenue. "writing something off" aka, damaged or unsellable goods, just means you're posting zero revenue for that item but still calculating its original cost (a negative to your income). The original purchase and carrying costs of sold/disposed inventory always reduce your income as a form of expense. :)

Back