Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

Yesterday I got an e-mail indicating my order has been sent to the warehouse. Hopefully everything goes through because here's what I got with prices in USD and discount based on Sideshow's retail price. Shipping is included in these prices:

Banner/Hulk - $282.68 - 45% off
Spider-man 2 - $176.14 - 23%
BR Joker - $202.77 - 25%
WS Falcon - $149.50 - 40%
BTTF Marty - $152.71 - 32%
AOU Widow - $165.49 - 25%
AOU Hawkeye - $165.49 - 25%

Got an e-mail from PC saying that they processed my card and my order was being picked and shipped soon. Glad they're honoring it, I can't wait to get Falcon.

Dangit, I just noticed that the Chitauri figures would have been like $115 each if I'd noticed them when I jumped on Falcon, I would have grabbed those for that price.

Dangit, I just noticed that the Chitauri figures would have been like $115 each

Seems like $250 too much. Each. Those are like HT's homage to the Life cereal commercial. These guys will buy anything. :)

Congrats guys.

Now I wish I would have ordered a few things..... could have saved myself $50 if I did.....

If the images are hosted elsewhere it doesn't cost SSF anything.
The issue Dave had was, probably in part just that he thinks animated gifs are annoying. But also that it uses up data when people are using the forum using wireless devices. So, a big reason for his opposition to gifs is actually a result of concern for boardies, who have complained about it for this reason.

The issue Dave had was, probably in part just that he thinks animated gifs are annoying. But also that it uses up data when people are using the forum using wireless devices. So, a big reason for his opposition to gifs is actually a result of concern for boardies, who have complained about it for this reason.
That's why I ran out a week early then LOL

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Yeah that's understandable, was just clarifying that point made about it costing the actual board $$. I'm a bit confused how it works on my phone to be honest (I'm always on Tapatalk), but I only see the animation if i click on the gif, so I'm not sure it loads the full file unless I choose to see it or if it just loads the preview of the file, which probably isn't too much bandwidth.

EDIT: Just did some testing while monitoring incoming data usage and it does look like the gifs are preloaded whether you tap on them or not. Not 100% sure but that'd be my guess.

That's how it works everywhere even if Lotus "write this off" isn't the correct way to state it - nothing "written off" makes you money obviously. REVENUE - Cost Of Good Sold - EXPENSES = INCOME. If their revenue from selling figures is equal to their cost of goods, they have zero income and nothing to pay taxes on. If it's lower or you also factor in expenses then they're at a negative and post a loss - they still have no tax to pay. So in other words, selling stuff for low prices reduces your tax exposure/burden because it reduces your revenue. "writing something off" aka, damaged or unsellable goods, just means you're posting zero revenue for that item but still calculating its original cost (a negative to your income). The original purchase and carrying costs of sold/disposed inventory always reduce your income as a form of expense. :)

Yes you are right. Just how it was originally written seemed to indicate special/additional write offs or the inclusion of additional tax credits via GST. Its just basic revenue less expense.

update on my $2300+ PC orders since I know everyone loves PC posts!

both orders were changed to "sent to warehouse", my smaller order $1000 one actually says SHIPPED, the larger one (that was placed 2 hours earlier than the small one) still hasn't "shipped" yet. The larger order was the items I really wanted so I am hoping there are no issues there.

Just so everyone knows, this wasn't a 50% off sale for those of us in the US, after shipping, 3% paypal fee... we got good deals, maybe 25-30% under sideshow prices, but these are the prices we were expecting from Sideshow! I think the "great deal" part came from newer items that Sideshow is either sold out on or will probably never discount at all. If they didn't "fix" the pricing I might have actually placed another $700-$800 order with figures like Bank Robber Joker 2.0 and a couple Enterbay basketball figures (those were dirt cheap but I didn't' see them until after my first 2 orders were placed).
You were charged a 3% fee by Paypal? What for? Currency conversion? Maybe I was smart for once. I didn't change the order to US Dollars. I left it in Australian Dollars. I do not see any fee from Paypal. They processed it in Australian Dollars. I suppose they could still charge it later. My order didn't ship yet...

You were charged a 3% fee by Paypal? What for? Currency conversion? Maybe I was smart for once. I didn't change the order to US Dollars. I left it in Australian Dollars. I do not see any fee from Paypal. They processed it in Australian Dollars. I suppose they could still charge it later. My order didn't ship yet...

If PayPal doesn't convert it your bank will charge a conversion fee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question guys, cuz I haven't bought anything yet from Popcultcha, but they seem to have nice discounts every now and then, better deals than SSC this time, so I gotta set everything up for the next ocassion.... Can I pay directly with my credit card or do I need to forcefully use Paypal?

Question guys, cuz I haven't bought anything yet from Popcultcha, but they seem to have nice discounts every now and then, better deals than SSC this time, so I gotta set everything up for the next ocassion.... Can I pay directly with my credit card or do I need to forcefully use Paypal?

My first time ordering from them and I tried looking for a CC payment option because my bank charges only 1.1% fee. Looks like the only option was through paypal.

I finally got an email for my order from PC as well.

I would assume that you can use your credit card, or you can simply attach your credit card details to your PayPal account.

I just checked and there is a credit card option when you're checking out.

I don't know why I didn't have a credit card option when I checked out. Maybe a glitch?

You should be. This is riveting.

Maybe Pixelpiper's not enjoying the PC buzz because if I recall correctly he was convinced all these "glitch" orders would be cancelled. :lecture

Back