Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings COMIC15 July $20 code

Sideshow told me this is how they all are with the ankles and arms so I don't think they'll get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the same problems as the 3A Master Chief, which also has a rubber suit.

Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings COMIC15 July $20 code

I'm a museum poser so lack of articulation doesn't bother me. I dislike rubber, but even so it's a good looking figure. I'll get it to pair with MOS whenever it gets a discount. Not paying full price for it.

Alright, so I was told COMIC15 isn't eligible for preorder items. I guess it wasn't a glitch, that's why it wasn't working for Returns Batman, R5, the Sandtrooper, etc.

Raise your hand if you used COMIC15 on a pre-order item already. R5 over here. :wave

Alright, so I was told COMIC15 isn't eligible for preorder items.

Whomever told you that is unfortunately mistaken. The fine print on the coupon card says specifically that it is valid on Pre-Order items listed at Sideshow's web site prior to June 1st. There's a photo of it posted on Facebook which I'd link here if I could easily find it again.

They may change that policy for future coupon codes, but in addition to the current code, previous ones have also always worked on Pre-Order items.

Raise your hand if you tried to order R5 and the system told you that you'd already used COMIC15 when you hadn't, and Sideshow didn't think it worthwhile responding. :wave

Whomever told you that is unfortunately mistaken. The fine print on the coupon card says specifically that it is valid on Pre-Order items listed at Sideshow's web site prior to June 1st. There's a photo of it posted on Facebook which I'd link here if I could easily find it again.

They may change that policy for future coupon codes, but in addition to the current code, previous ones have also always worked on Pre-Order items.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Not even going to argue or inquiry about it again though, I'll just wait for August or September. Unless a future policy is to only have coupon codes work for instock eligible items only, I can hold off on a measly $20 bucks off.

Likewise I'll wait for R5 to go on sale. 20% off might swing it.

Did HT Vision go up for PO before June? Trying to use the code for that to no luck.

Did HT Vision go up for PO before June? Trying to use the code for that to no luck.
Pretty sure Vision went up for order in May but I think AOU figures haven't been eligible for monthly codes until around 3 months.

Pretty sure Vision went up for order in May but I think AOU figures haven't been eligible for monthly codes until around 3 months.

Daaaang, okay I'll keep trying this one till the day it expires :lol

not much sells out anymore, even "exclusives" are not really selling out (Groot and Rocket still available...). I think most "collectors" are waiting for at least free shipping and double rewards now, if not 20% off coupons, just to get the prices to a decent level, and maybe that's part of Hot Toys/Sideshow's strategy, let all the die hard collectors with the most free cash pay full price first, then sell the rest at regular margins, haha. Of course the tough part is when there is a figure you REALLY want, if it does sell out before any deep discounts, you will have to pay more for it on the secondary market, however nothing stings more than paying full price for a $250 figure and seeing it sell for $175 (30% off) plus double rewards during spook or any other sale event...

The amount of product out there has grown with the prices too. I used to order whatever I wanted, now I just can't. I know some can, but not me anymore.

not much sells out anymore, even "exclusives" are not really selling out (Groot and Rocket still available...). I think most "collectors" are waiting for at least free shipping and double rewards now, if not 20% off coupons, just to get the prices to a decent level, and maybe that's part of Hot Toys/Sideshow's strategy, let all the die hard collectors with the most free cash pay full price first, then sell the rest at regular margins, haha. Of course the tough part is when there is a figure you REALLY want, if it does sell out before any deep discounts, you will have to pay more for it on the secondary market, however nothing stings more than paying full price for a $250 figure and seeing it sell for $175 (30% off) plus double rewards during spook or any other sale event...

Tru dat... but at the same time I hate the feeling of watching a figure I really want and then... either it goes sold out and I feel bad.... or it goes to 20-30% discount.... and I feel bad for getting it earlier.... D:

They mass produce the exclusives now, or the exclusives aren't that big of a deal. I miss the days when an exclusive was very limited and it wasn't easy to get. Now they make too many of everything. Add to that the price of figures pretty much doubled if not tripled in the last 10 years. A lot of people are out. :(

I miss the days when an exclusive was very limited and it wasn't easy to get.

Get into 3A, then you can have 24-hour or shorter sales and even random product availability (doesn't show up on the site on every visit during the 24 hour or shorter window).

Get into 3A, then you can have 24-hour or shorter sales and even random product availability (doesn't show up on the site on every visit during the 24 hour or shorter window).

Have to be careful with this though. The problem with this is the Ned Stark figure. I'm not really a big enough fan to buy it, but if I was I would have a big issue with his best sword not coming standard with the fig. It would be like making Jedi Luke, but his green saber is exclusive.

Back