Premium Format Crimson Baroness PF statue by SSC limited to 200

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and if you look at the boots, the front is clearly a leather as well as the shoe, and the armor on top and the back are armor.

To each their own Spazzy, and I of course think your custom work is amazing, but I think she looks darn good here. Better than the other two offerings. She just POPS to me. I never understood why people question the top of her boots, I always knew it was supposed to be armor and not "hooker boots" as people have said. Aside from the top of her boots, from her knees down I always just assumed and still think they're a nice pair of boots on a lady. I didn't think the backside of the boots should have armor below the knee. I think it wouldn't look right just IMO :) Just goes to show you we all have different tastes and wants but I really like the Crimson on her that Sideshow did. We have a lot of red in our place so getting her would be amazing. :clap

Pic from statueforum. It's alright, but poor Nova!!

image_zps7594b0e1.jpg

She looks amazing, wow. Stunning in fact. :)

I will buy a white version, even though that'll throw character accuracy out the window. The contrast will be stunning. Imagine, pure shiny white fabric, with all black boots, armor, pads, and gloves. Essentially, just change the color of the fabric, and paint the thigh armor black.

LOL hate on brother :rotfl :peace Baroness, as I said before, did factually have three different outfits. The Black PF and Crimson are bang on versions of those imo. I hated the navy pf until I saw the reviews on Youtube. Now I think the navy is quite nice but not as accurate as the Crimson or black. I really want the Crimson. As for any other colors, I would show up with pitchforks at Sideshow's door if they did any other versions of her lol. Baroness only had three military outfits and they've done them all now so the mold needs to be broken for good. 200 ES will be hard to come by though so it'll be tough to get a Crimson but oh well. :)

LOL hate on brother :rotfl :peace Baroness, as I said before, did factually have three different outfits. The Black PF and Crimson are bang on versions of those imo. I hated the navy pf until I saw the reviews on Youtube. Now I think the navy is quite nice but not as accurate as the Crimson or black. I really want the Crimson. As for any other colors, I would show up with pitchforks at Sideshow's door if they did any other versions of her lol. Baroness only had three military outfits and they've done them all now so the mold needs to be broken for good. 200 ES will be hard to come by though so it'll be tough to get a Crimson but oh well. :)

but...but...but I want a white version....:monkey3
hey Storm never had a white outfit like that, but it happened :dunno

but...but...but I want a white version....:monkey3
hey Storm never had a white outfit like that, but it happened :dunno

LOL IMO that was just wrong. But... people still wanted her. :dunno Baroness is way hotter a sculpt thankfully lol. No idea why they did the wrong-era black outfit on Storm either considering all the other Xmen PFs were from a different era than her outfit. Just bad planning on Sideshow's part.

To each their own Spazzy, and I of course think your custom work is amazing, but I think she looks darn good here. Better than the other two offerings. She just POPS to me. I never understood why people question the top of her boots, I always knew it was supposed to be armor and not "hooker boots" as people have said. Aside from the top of her boots, from her knees down I always just assumed and still think they're a nice pair of boots on a lady. I didn't think the backside of the boots should have armor below the knee. I think it wouldn't look right just IMO :) Just goes to show you we all have different tastes and wants but I really like the Crimson on her that Sideshow did. We have a lot of red in our place so getting her would be amazing. :clap

It isn't just that it "looks" like it shouldn't have armor, the fact is the back of the calves ARE armor, so there are literally two different types of colored armor on her boots, the front has indents in the sculpt that show it is leather as well as on the shoe, the plates on te shoe are separate that technically should match the armor as well. The hooker boots or as I like to call them fisherman boots was a problem since first reveal of the black, just not form fitting like they should be.

And there is another version her first appearance (issue1) which is a royal blue outfit with yellow trim and green glasses...I still want to do that to my third baroness I have....I have no idea where the navy version came from.

I am pretty sensitive to the joe universe and baroness in particular she is my favorite character (been collecting joe comics toys and statues since the beginning), so doing a hack job on her costume is like making hulk blue or iron man purple or batman yellow

I would be all over this! The movie wasn't great but she did a decent job and the outfit looks good, I wonder if baroness will make her return in the third movie...she was missed in retaliation.

I watched the first movie only for her. Well, her, and that cat fight with Scarlett :yess:

It isn't just that it "looks" like it shouldn't have armor, the fact is the back of the calves ARE armor, so there are literally two different types of colored armor on her boots, the front has indents in the sculpt that show it is leather as well as on the shoe, the plates on te shoe are separate that technically should match the armor as well. The hooker boots or as I like to call them fisherman boots was a problem since first reveal of the black, just not form fitting like they should be.

And there is another version her first appearance (issue1) which is a royal blue outfit with yellow trim and green glasses...I still want to do that to my third baroness I have....I have no idea where the navy version came from.

I am pretty sensitive to the joe universe and baroness in particular she is my favorite character (been collecting joe comics toys and statues since the beginning), so doing a hack job on her costume is like making hulk blue or iron man purple or batman yellow

I know, I hear ya. The navy pf didn't look like the "true" classic version at all. I too am a HUGE Joe fan. I can't collect a ton of PFs but will pick up the 1/6 of her in Black and the PF of her in Crimson. I just think she's a beautiful piece but I see your points. Haven't seen the boots in person as of yet so will give my two cents when I get one of her in hand. Looking forward to your classic version. Would have been cool if Sideshow had done a proper job on that one but I do think the Black or Crimson look darn fine. Paint on the crimson looks like it turned out amazing and the color pops, which it darn well should for the money. :) :peace

I'd probably wait on buying the crimson baroness... Prices right now will be higher than what she is worth, a lot seemed to buy just to flip, once te hype settles down I would expect to see her for under $500

Yeah I see her going for between $500-$600 after all the hype dies. Same as what White Storm PF goes for these days. Much better than the $800 people are asking for right now.

Yeah that is crazy, from the experience I have had with joe statues they rarely hold their value, joe collectors are typically very cheap they are used to $5-$10 3 3/4" figures and don't like to splurge, hisstank was blowing up when SS did 1/6 figures at $100+

Maybe the small ES will help maintain value like it did Storm White PF. Storm's Reg Black PF doesn't even sell for retail on ebay these days but people want that odd white one. As for the Joe's and Cobras, Storm Shadow Ex statue has maintained as has Snake Eyes so who knows.

And as for gorgeous Crimson Lady, I hope people post more pics of her on here shortly. :)

Those two are usually it's highest prices pieces, and because they came pretty perfect. But once the pf's arrive the value of the statues will probably go down, most that want a SE or SS wanted a pf

LOL IMO that was just wrong. But... people still wanted her. :dunno Baroness is way hotter a sculpt thankfully lol. No idea why they did the wrong-era black outfit on Storm either considering all the other Xmen PFs were from a different era than her outfit. Just bad planning on Sideshow's part.

Please don't give Sideshow any ideas about creating another version of the Baroness... :nono Lol, kidding.

I agree with you that the Crimson Baroness looks good. I like it too. :)

Please don't give Sideshow any ideas about creating another version of the Baroness... :nono Lol, kidding.

I agree with you that the Crimson Baroness looks good. I like it too. :)

Indeed! I think there would be an uprising if Sideshow did another version. It won't happen, not to worry. All three factual Baroness outfits have been covered. At least they won back my interest on the piece by not going overkill on the Crimson ES. :):peace

Back