Creature SSE pictures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darth dypshyt

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all,

I received my Creature from the Black Lagoon SSE PF, and he looks great. I know that the color version looks awesome too, especially around the base area. But I personally like to harken back to the good 'ol Black & White days, and this version of the Creature suits me just fine.

I am not the photographic genius that some of us on the board are. So, I hope these photos don't put you off the piece. Trust me it looks great in person! Enjoy...

creature3.jpg

creature2.jpg

creature5.jpg

creature4.jpg

He looks awesome I can't wait to get mine. He should be here tues or wed I believe. Lets see some more pictures people!!

What number did ya get??

The base definately suffers from the SSE treatment, although I know your flash is causing the tones to merge. I'm sure the whole figure looks great in person, and I wish I had the collecting budget to be in the premium format line. The creature on the other hand looks astounding! Thanks for sharing!

:D

wonder why SS's pics dont have the dots on the face painted but this piece does?
when it went up for sale it was InStock, so Id think SS's pics are production pics.

.. wonder if there will be 2 variations on this depending on the factory painter??

EDIT: .. and after going back and checking those new pics Anton foiund, these dots should not be painted.... :banghead

no, theyre definitely not painted on SS's pics ...

Last edited:
Looks good, but that base really needs to be in color to fully appreciate it.

The base definately suffers from the SSE treatment, although I know your flash is causing the tones to merge. I'm sure the whole figure looks great in person, and I wish I had the collecting budget to be in the premium format line. The creature on the other hand looks astounding! Thanks for sharing!

:D

Looks good, but that base really needs to be in color to fully appreciate it.

Agreed, the base is hurtin'. The Creature looks AMAZING though...

Of course I am completely biased towards the color edition...but I have a question. Are the moles on his head really painted that dark? if so, its a travesty. Just like the SSE Wolfman PF's nose. Too dark.:monkey3

Got mine today! Number 20.. I'll see if I can post some pics...

OK, here's some pics. I used a flash and as you can see, the moles on his face look dark, but on the figure itself they don't look dark. Maybe it's the ambient light in the room that makes it look fine, but when it's subjected to the harsh light of a flashbulb, they're brought out in all their "terrifying" detail:

008.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

015.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure their darker than they need, but if they were using a flash I'm sure its really making them stand-out. Come on people more pics!!!

ok. your pics make me worry a little less.
Still, they shouldnt be painted at all I wouldnt think ...

.. nervous about mine. Will be here tomorrow ... :monkey1

any pics w/o the flash by chance? .. :monkey1

I told you...I am no photographic genius!:lol

But, I have taken your advice Occ, and NOT used a flash. The dark spots that a few of you guys are referring to on the head area, are there, and I suppose quite noticeable....it doesn't really bother me, and I will have to put the Creature movie in the DVD player and reference it...but, I am not THAT anal, if it is not how he appears in the film/s. Although, at $400 a pop...I should be..:mad:.

As for the base not looking as good as the color...well....DUH! If you want a base for the "Ohhh...look at the pretty colors" factor...then give this a MISS, obviously. It would be interesting to see the B&W Creature on a Color base.:D..

Creature01.jpg

creature02.jpg

creature03.jpg

I am happy with him anyway.:D and I am going to have to get rid of that bloody date stamp!:lol

nice!
that last shot is awesome!....

... SS still needs to tear their factory a new one for not following the proto paint apps ... ESPECIALLY on the face area ....

Hi all,

I received my Creature from the Black Lagoon SSE PF, and he looks great. I know that the color version looks awesome too, especially around the base area. But I personally like to harken back to the good 'ol Black & White days, and this version of the Creature suits me just fine.

I am not the photographic genius that some of us on the board are. So, I hope these photos don't put you off the piece. Trust me it looks great in person! Enjoy...

creature3.jpg

creature2.jpg

creature5.jpg

creature4.jpg

SIDESHOW, THE CREATURE NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:drool:drool:drool:drool :drool I HAVE TO WAIT FOR FEB. NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Back