Creature From The Black Lagoon PF up for Pre-order!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Frankly the little Aurora snap together model from the 70's was just as dynamic." You mean this one?
PICT0008-1.jpg

For many years, my favorite model of the Creature( I'm lucky enough to have 2 of them).Still a great pose...
Now,my personal vote for the best swimming model is this one...
PICT0013.jpg

This is the 1/25 Geometric's version. As to the PF...
PICT0014-2.jpg

Look vaguely familiar? This is the Horizon kit, shot from a low angle. As I said before,'steal from the best'...
PICT0015-2.jpg

And this,again IMHO is the best...PS

Here are a few more of the Geo Creature...
PICT0010-2.jpg

PICT0011-2.jpg

PICT0012-2.jpg

It's really amazing how nice this little guy is.While the sculpt is not "movie accurate", it's extremely close for it's size(it's under 4"long!) and so dynamic and natural looking that even I, a total Creature geek, have no problems with it(this from a guy whose considering trying to do a movie accurate Ricoh sculpt for the small Aurora kit). Pity that Geometrics went out of business, though these little guys do show up on E-bay occasionally...PS

I really wish that they would give us a slight hint about a possible SSE of this PF

The Creature from the Black Lagoon has the low quantity alert up. Can someone explain why, when the edition size is still TBA.

I just canceled mine, It is a great PF but since I have the 12 inch I will
do with out. Good luck to whomever is on the waitlist.

I ordered 2 of these. One for me and one for a fellow co-worker. I'll be cancelling his tonight as he has decided he won't have the funds for it. Hope someone here gets converted. I can't wait to get mine. This will be my first Universal Monsters PF figure.

I decided to cancel my Creature because the distributor here has guaranteed they will get it in and put one aside for me. So I save a heap on shipping. Woot. When I cancelled it it said 'processing'. I didn't even notice anything in the newsletter. Looks like it will be here soon, or is it just that I don't order enough to know better?

I had to cancel this one and it hurt....seriously....I loved this piece. I'm hoping that an SSE will go up for B&W Friday or even Spooktacular and I can go back and get one then.

Well, I canceled my order from Sideshow, but only because a local dealer is going to save me shipping, taxes, and give me 10% off to buy it from him. So, that's a savings of around $100. Every little bit helps since the US economy is in the toilet. So, I am sure you guys that get yours straight from SSC will get yours first. Post plenty of pics when you do. Especially if there are any problem areas to look for. Thanks.

Is this one releasing in April still? I haven't seen any 30 day info in the newsletter yet, and March is about over. Can't wait for this one.

I recieved a notice that my flexpay has been moved from April 10th to may 10th.:monkey2

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your order of the Creature from the Black Lagoon Premium Format Figure (item #7137FLEX) from our Universal Studios Classic Monsters Collection. We appreciate your patience in waiting for this Limited Edition, Sold Out item to arrive into our warehouse. This email notification is to keep you updated with the most current information about your order with us.

In order to ensure that you receive the highest quality Sideshow Collectible possible, we have increased quality control procedures for this highly detailed piece to assure your complete satisfaction.

your final payment was scheduled for April 10th. We have rescheduled your final Flex Pay payment to coincide with the arrival of this product into our warehouse in May 2008.

I recieved a notice that my flexpay has been moved from April 10th to may 10th.:monkey2

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your order of the Creature from the Black Lagoon Premium Format Figure (item #7137FLEX) from our Universal Studios Classic Monsters Collection. We appreciate your patience in waiting for this Limited Edition, Sold Out item to arrive into our warehouse. This email notification is to keep you updated with the most current information about your order with us.

In order to ensure that you receive the highest quality Sideshow Collectible possible, we have increased quality control procedures for this highly detailed piece to assure your complete satisfaction.

your final payment was scheduled for April 10th. We have rescheduled your final Flex Pay payment to coincide with the arrival of this product into our warehouse in May 2008.

Well, I'm glad it's pushed out a bit, but I always worry when I see "...In order to ensure that you receive the highest quality Sideshow Collectible possible, we have increased quality control procedures for this highly detailed piece to assure your complete satisfaction...".

Well, I'm glad it's pushed out a bit, but I always worry when I see "...In order to ensure that you receive the highest quality Sideshow Collectible possible, we have increased quality control procedures for this highly detailed piece to assure your complete satisfaction...".

Hopefully the "increased quality control procedures" means the final product will match the prototype photos, and we will never notice what caused the delay. I should be getting mine closer to June now since I ordered from a vendor.

yeah that is kinda scary.
Esp when so close to the apparent ship date.
Seems like the majority should already be thru manufacturing to make an early April ship ... :monkey1

Back