Creature From The Black Lagoon PF up for Pre-order!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not gonna order it, but I really love the pose and the small part of "scenery" on the base. Did you guys check that fish swimming there? Amazing amount of detail! :rock

Wow, that looks really awesome. I would love to get it in the SSE format, but if I do that then I'll have to go back and get an SSE Wolfman, Bride, and Mummy and unfortunately since sideshow is making the SSE's with such low edition numbers they are really out of my league price wise. But there are really going to be some awesome Universal Monster displays when this is released.

Order inn …but not from SS. :naughty
It’s getting too pricy ordering from them international (only time if there are exclusive that is worth paying extra for). :D
Have no idea where to display the creature, but I got to have it.

Is there mixed media on this? The plant looks like transparent resin …or something. :idea

:taz

Order inn …but not from SS. :naughty
It’s getting too pricy ordering from them international (only time if there are exclusive that is worth paying extra for). :D
Have no idea where to display the creature, but I got to have it.

Is there mixed media on this? The plant looks like transparent resin …or something. :idea

:taz

Good question, I was about to mention it myself. As the figure itself isn't wearing any clothes or armour that can be made of another material, I'm wondering... if this is a PF (meaning mixed materials, right?), what is the other material next to polystone?

I guess they could have used semi transparent acryl like the used on the Venom statue. They called this just a statue, so I don’t now. Guess we have to wait and see ...or ask SS. :D

9020_press09-001.jpg

The base and the figure are poly, the sarcophagus is a light weight material. Someone in another thread said fibreglass. It doesn't feel like that to me, but I'll take their word for it.

Not crazy about the pose (though the pictures could be throwing it off). It's stiff and does not show the natural swimming movement of the legs, arms and body.

Not crazy about the pose (though the pictures could be throwing it off). It's stiff and does not show the natural swimming movement of the legs, arms and body.

The pose could be a little more fluid, and the face a little more visible/displayable.....but I am happy with the sculpt and glad we are finally getting it at all. Even with the things I am not exactly thrilled with like a really rigid pose.:monkey3

Predictably overpriced. It should cost no more than $225, I dont see any other "mixed media" used here as an excuse to enflate the price. This is a glorified oversized statue, with a rigid slant to it. Frankly the little Aurora snap together model from the 70's was just as dynamic. The Creature's chest looks like the smaller Riccu Browning suit, but I'm not sure on the head. ( I prefer the Ben Chapman head, but that is exclusive to the land Creature)

No, the 12'' articulated Sideshow Creature is by far the better collectable.

As for the mixed media, I remember reading or it may have been the podcast where they discuss that the plants are bendable and made out some other material. Would this count for it being a mixed media piece.

Back