Crazy (mostly) Marvel Omnibus/hardcover sale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I did the same thing, got only 5 and am kicking myself, that being said I still picked up hundreds of dollars worth of trades for $40. I'm the most excited for the Invincible one, was looking at it this weekend for $125, now I got it for $8.

Just had my Ultimates Omnibus ship, it's the one I wanted the most, so I'm pretty happy. :chew

Well I ordered 15 different books. Only 1 of the books was and still is listed as in stock. I really hope I get all of these as I actually want to read them. I have not gotten any shipping or cancel notices yet.
If anyone actually gets a shipping notice and receives the book please post to give others some hope.

Ummm...sales don't last forever, which is why it is a sale....:lol

Thanks for being helpfull smartass. I was just wondering if there was a code or any special link to use to get to the sale prices. :thwak

amazon cancelled my order:

Hello,

Our records indicate you recently ordered 'The Ultimates Omnibus
Fantastic Four Omnibus, Vol. 1 (v. 1)
The X-Men Omnibus, Vol. 1
Wolverine Omnibus, Vol. 1
Daredevil Omnibus, Vol. 1
Daredevil by Brian Michael Bendis & Alex Maleev Omnibus, Vol. 2
Invincible Iron Man Omnibus, Vol. 1'. Unfortunately, due to a pricing error, we sold many more than expected. In fact, we completely sold out — we don't have any in stock right now, and we're not even sure if we'll be able to get more.

As a result, we've had to cancel your order. I realize this is disappointing news, and I'm so sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

You may want to check our website from time to time to see if this item is available. If anyone is selling it, you'll see a "More Buying Choices" box on the product detail page; if it's not available from any sellers, you might see an "Order it used" or "Alert me" link. "Order it used" allows you to place a pre-order for the item in case another seller lists the item for sale later. "Alert me" allows you to sign up so we can e-mail you when Amazon has stock available for purchase.

I'm sorry I don't have better news. We hope to see you again soon.

Hmmm, no word from Amazon for me yet, for good or bad. I'm betting I get cancelled as well. Drat!

That's so wrong. Amazon should honour those orders if they want to keep their customers.
I don't think Amazon is real concerned. First off, the people affected are a pretty dang small percentage of their customer base, and secondly, we're all gonna keep ordering from them anyway. The free shipping with $25 and generally good prices and wide selection from a trusted seller (in terms of getting stuff to you when it is in stock) is too much working in their favor.

I've probably ordered from them 100 times and only had 2 orders canceled, both because of a glitch in their system or someone making a pricing mistake. That's a pretty good track record.

Some people (including some of my own friends) are reporting getting in touch with Amazon's CS and getting a gift certificate for compensation. Just express your disappointment with how they handled it and you might be able to get a small part of your order restored, or a $20-$25 GC.

I got an e-mail stating my order was canceled, then a second e-mail with a tracking number for my shipment!

I guess mine got in just under the wire cause it will be at my house today!

Whew.

Some people (including some of my own friends) are reporting getting in touch with Amazon's CS and getting a gift certificate for compensation. Just express your disappointment with how they handled it and you might be able to get a small part of your order restored, or a $20-$25 GC.
Hey, I'm not above doing that for a possible gift card! :rock

Back