Crazy (mostly) Marvel Omnibus/hardcover sale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
people are speculating that these would have a good chance of slipping through the cracks and actually being shipped, if not for the inevitable 'opportunists' that will be ordering like 10 of each to flip. Apparently when this is done it sets off a red flag to Amazon staff as these particular books suddenly shoot up to the top of the best seller list. Oh well, can't hurt to try.

One of my orders (it was a small one) just shipped, here's hoping you guys have the same luck.

If you don;t mind my asking, what books were in your order?

Oh, not at all. It was actually three Capcom artbooks (Mega Man X/Okami/Phoenix Wright) that are normally priced around $30, they were at the $15 price point (and are now back up to around $30). I ordered them slightly before I saw the Omnibus sale. So if I'm lucky, the few comics I ordered for myself should be shipping next.

Yeah, the normal price was listed as $15 for many of these, so I figured it was a glitch of some kind. But I ordered anyway. Some deals are too good to let pass. We'll see. . .

Got my notice that the Wolverine and Daredevil Omnibus shipped! hopefully the rest of my order ships!

Oh, not at all. It was actually three Capcom artbooks (Mega Man X/Okami/Phoenix Wright) that are normally priced around $30, they were at the $15 price point (and are now back up to around $30). I ordered them slightly before I saw the Omnibus sale. So if I'm lucky, the few comics I ordered for myself should be shipping next.

How much was S&H to Canada? I didn't bother ordering. I usually get mine through Indigo. Awwwwwww.....:(

How much was S&H to Canada? I didn't bother ordering. I usually get mine through Indigo. Awwwwwww.....:(

I get all my stuff shipped to my wife in New York, saves me a lot on bills! Their shipping to Canada on books is pretty reasonable from what I remember though.

Just took a look for a possible second round. Yep, they're all back to their normal prices. Hope all my orders will be shipped. Don't know how US laws are on this matter, bit if it were a Dutch company I'd probably get all of them, because of a mistake on their part.

I was going to dive in and order a whole lot of Punisher Max but passed on the shipping price of $80 to OZ. Will shop at my local comic shop and might, fingers crossed pay the same but walk out with it there and then and don't have to wait 2 weeks for it to arrive.

How slow does Amazon works? I placed an order yesterday and the shipping estimate is March 15 to March 22...

How slow does Amazon works? I placed an order yesterday and the shipping estimate is March 15 to March 22...

They clearly weren't in stock when you ordered them.

In other news, my friend ordered 2 of one of the books. He got an email from amazon saying the pricing was an error, but it was their mistake so they'll honor it. However, they will only sell one of each at that price.

It sounds to me like those who ordered 1 of each will get them.

I read the same thing elsewhere, where people who ordered 2 were SOL for the 2nd copy. I didn't order any multiples, and so far have received no e-mail, so. . .here's to hoping they get shipped.

I should note from prior experience, that Amazon has cancelled an order I placed where some items were incorrectly priced. So if they didn't honor those prices, it wouldn't be the first time.

They clearly weren't in stock when you ordered them.

In other news, my friend ordered 2 of one of the books. He got an email from amazon saying the pricing was an error, but it was their mistake so they'll honor it. However, they will only sell one of each at that price.

ahh...thks for the info.

I ordered the Ultimates Omnibus, here's hoping it won't get cancelled and they will honor the price.

I read the same thing elsewhere, where people who ordered 2 were SOL for the 2nd copy. I didn't order any multiples, and so far have received no e-mail, so. . .here's to hoping they get shipped.

I should note from prior experience, that Amazon has cancelled an order I placed where some items were incorrectly priced. So if they didn't honor those prices, it wouldn't be the first time.

Did they send you an email about it the time they did cancel?

ahh...thks for the info.

I ordered the Ultimates Omnibus, here's hoping it won't get cancelled and they will honor the price.

They will. Here is a copy of the email they are sending out.

Amazon.com said:
Hello,

We're contacting you about order #103-0991563-2237832. Unfortunately, we recently discovered that an error caused the following item(s) to be displayed at an incorrect price:

Daredevil Omnibus, Vol. 1

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced. However, this was our mistake, and we'll honor the incorrect price for one of the items you ordered. We're unable to honor the price for multiple quantities of this item. Therefore, we've adjusted the quantity of your order to "1." We're sorry for the disappointing news.

The correct price is listed on our website now, so if you'd like to place another order for more of this item, you can do so here:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/[ASIN]/

We value your business and hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Still no email here about being shipped or cancelled. I didn't order crazy amounts or very many so hopefully it goes through.

Kudos to those who will get theirs.Awesome deals.

Looks like everyone that ordered 1 copy of any of them are having their orders fulfilled. People that ordered multiples saw their orders cut down to 1 copy each, but they are honering them.

i don't know why, but at the time of ordering i was all super-selective and only got 5 omnis. why I didn't just order 1 of each of the $8 ones is beyond me. I'm kicking myself today! :banghead

Back