Statue Cover Girls of the DC Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyway does anyone know if Adam will still continue this line? I think we need another villain.

Hey Santos, long time no see! :wave

See Allison's post...

There's no set number on the statues. I think DC Direct is content to make them as long as fans want them. I could be wrong, but I've not heard a number thrown around as to the quantity of characters they plan to do. And there is one statue in the works at this time.

I hope we get to see more than just one before the line closes. :pray:

Question: Isn't Oracle paralyzed from the waist down?

If so, how is she striking that pose? (It looks like she is putting weight on that foot.)

Actually, I think it looks like she is dragging the left foot.

and probably doesnt even know it

I think the retcon of Helena into earth1 continuity hurt the character, she's much more interesting as the daughter of Bruce and Selena. The combination of hero and criminal and the cat and bat could make her really interesting as a cover or statue.

Hadnt thought of it like that. but makes alot of sense

I wonder if DC Direct will do another Wonder Woman in her new costume. They should strike while the iron is hot. I get the feeling that this costume won't be around for more then a year or so.

Jim Lee already tweeted that the costume will undergo changes as the run continues so I think you'll see the new costume done in a line of action figures probably with whatever else it undergoes to get to its final destination but unless Adam is a huge fan of the new costume I think we have a better shot of getting Hal Jordan in a Star Sapphire costume before seeing him dip back into the Wonder Woman pool for this line. Then again....who knows.

WW's costume is waaaay to iconic to change forever. Just look at Spider-Man and the Black costume. Same deal.

Bad example since the Black costuming was first shown in Dec of 1984 in Secret Wars 8 and Spidey didn't officially go back to his Red/Blue togs until June of 1988. Four years while not an eternity isn't exactly a blip of changing shirts. Not to mention that its been revived more than any other alternative costuming. A better example would be maybe the Ben Reilly costuming which was only around for roughly 50 issues which could be longer than this but remember that these changes are heading it seems by Lee's tweets to a final destination so who knows what we'll end up with and how long it'll move on.

Bad example since the Black costuming was first shown in Dec of 1984 in Secret Wars 8 and Spidey didn't officially go back to his Red/Blue togs until June of 1988. Four years while not an eternity isn't exactly a blip of changing shirts.

But Spidey's black costume hasn't become permanent. WW's costume, like Spidey's or Superman's union suits, is to iconic to change forever which is what I'm saying.

Last edited:
For those lucky enough to go to SDCC, please don't forget to post pictures of the (unreleased) Cover Girls!

But Spidey's black costume hasn't become permanent. WW's costume, like Spidey's or Superman's union suits, is to iconic to change forever which is what I'm saying.

I remember when the black costume first appeared.
It was a huge hit. Fans loved it. Issue 252 was hot for years.

I got you guys covered!

:rock :rock :rock

I'm glad you guys are going. Not really because I want to go.:mad:
Was up snoop

:wave 'Sup, Santos!

I wish I was going to SDCC this year also. *sigh* :(

I remember when the black costume first appeared.
It was a huge hit. Fans loved it. Issue 252 was hot for years.

The black costume was/is awesome. WhenI first saw it in Secret Wars #8 I was floored! I thought it was badass!

However I was glad to see Spidey's red & blue threads return. :D

Like I've said all along...somethings are to iconic to change forever. :lecture

For anyone that is looking to have their Cover Girls Statue signed, here is Adam's signing schedule for San Diego Comic Con:

Wednesday: Sneak Preview Night: no signings

Thursday: 9:30 - 10:30 signing at booth 4607 (our booth number)
2:00 - 3:00 signing at the DC Comics booth

Friday: 12:00 - 1:00 signing at the DC Comics booth
5:00 - 6:00 signing at booth 4607

Saturday: 9:30 - 10:30 signing at booth 4607
11:00 - 1:00 Adam Hughes Gray Scale Copic Marker panel
1:00 - 3:00 Allison Sohn Color Copic Marker panel
3:00 - 4:00 signing at the DC Comics booth

Sunday: 9:30 - 10:30 signing at booth 4607
4:00 - 5:00 signing at booth 4607

Hi Allison :wave

I'm not going to SDCC this year unfortunately. Wish I could because I'd like to meet both you and Adam.

Out of curiosity will Adam be selling any new prints at the con?

always new prints for San Diego; we'll have some new ones for either Baltimore or New York as well!

Little bit of trivia for y'all. Anybody know why Spidey went back to the red-blue costume? Answer tomorrow...PS

went back to red/blue which time?

from the black costume? Because after Venom attacked MJ, she was too freaked out by the black suit, so Spidey went back to Red/Black

Actually it's much simpler than that. Todd MacFarlane didn't like the black costume, and since Marvel were willing to do just about anything to hang onto him...back to red/blue. By the way, Steve Ditko originally visualized the costume as red and BLACK, but the printers insisted he make it blue, for much the same reason that Batman was printed with blue cape, boots cowl etc...PS

Actually it's much simpler than that. Todd MacFarlane didn't like the black costume, and since Marvel were willing to do just about anything to hang onto him...back to red/blue. By the way, Steve Ditko originally visualized the costume as red and BLACK, but the printers insisted he make it blue, for much the same reason that Batman was printed with blue cape, boots cowl etc...PS

That is interesting...always loved the McFarlane Spiderman.

Back