Statue Cover Girls of the DC Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm the same way, AC. That said, I'd recommend Diamond Select's Femme Fatales or Kotobukiya's Bishoujo/ArtFX statues over the current Cover Girls series, if you don't mind the animated styles.

I like the Artgerm Catwoman and Mera, but they feel more lightweight and fragile, despite their overall solid construction, than the actually fragile Bombshells and Adam Hughes pieces. Huntress and Batwoman are fine, but look like less dynamic versions of their Bishoujos. And, while the QC is more consistent than the Bombshells, that's due to comparatively flat, less ambitious paint apps.

I think the upcoming Raven, sculpted by Karen Palinko instead of John Matthews, signals a potential upswing in execution. But they currently stand as $100 trading figures in already phased-out New 52 costumes.

I prefer the more comic accurate styles, but I've always liked the look of Kotobukiya's Bishoujo statues. It's too bad they aren't all in scale with each other because that's what's been keeping me from buying them. I'm afraid it would bother me too much.

Other than those, the look of the Cover Girls statues appeals to me most, but I haven't been following this thread at all given that I just joined. Apparently there are QC issues and lackluster paint jobs?

I think the scale issues with the Bishoujos come more from mixing lines (like Marvel and DC.) I haven't had any QC issues with the CGs, although Michael Crawford's Toy Review does a great job of scrutinizing the pieces he gets and determining how likely it is for others to be similarly affected. That's where I would go to see which Cover Girls to risk buying online or seeing in-person first.

I recently picked up the Adam Hughes and Stanley Lau Power Girls, and they are both brilliant... Artgem Power Girl is wonderful, and the AH Power Girl is, well, just classic. Here they are together, for your viewing pleasure...

Power Girl 1 sm.jpg

Power Girl 3 sm.jpg

Power Girl 4 sm.jpg

Power Girl 6 sm.jpg

Power Girl modern 1 sm.jpg

Power Girl modern 2 sm.jpg

Power Girl modern 3 sm.jpg

Power Girl modern 4 sm.jpg

Both version look great!

I definitely like the Artgerm Powergirl more, tho ...my preference, of course.

Agree, but I'm totally more of a fan of the Hughes one :)

I really do love both versions, but if you held a gun to my head I'd choose AH Power Girl - I just really love her portrait, and she's part of DC Direct's most classic line IMO... Here's my 'glamour graphic' of her...

powergirl 1.jpg

Like I said, I like both.

In fact, I received my DC Covergirl PowerGirl (Artgerm version) this past Friday ...and she is gorgeous!!

Can't lose with either one. And you are a double winner if you have both.

Like I said, I like both.

In fact, I received my DC Covergirl PowerGirl (Artgerm version) this past Friday ...and she is gorgeous!!

Can't lose with either one. And you are a double winner if you have both.

Can confirm - having both is definitely the way to go :)

I'm not even a fan of half of these characters, but I still want them all. They look gorgeous. Especially those Power Girl statues. Mmmm :)

Back