Court of the Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone got one of the limited court pins during Monsterpalooza and wants to get rid of it please let me know.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ordered Malavestros with a 10% coupon.

I think it will look great on my fireplace.

I like the new pose. However I prefer the face from the original.. This one is just a little too masculine looking to me.
Hmmmm, now that you say that I can see some masculinity in there....but, I still think it's a big improvement over the first version

Hmmmm, now that you say that I can see some masculinity in there....but, I still think it's a big improvement over the first version

I agree, overall I really like this version. They just need to " Fem up" her face a bit more.

I didn't like the face on the old PF (nor this one either, though it's better) so I decided to represent the Queen in my collection with the Queens Embrace art print. Really love the look of it in my office and a great alternative that definitely has more femininity.

Gravemist congrats on picking up that print it looks gorgeous! I've been hovering over the order button for weeks

Thainitty, since there's only the unframed option left you could order from Olivia's website for the same price and get an Artist's Proof that's dual signed by both Olivia and Tom Gilliland instead of just a giclee from Sideshow signed by Olivia only. I would have opted for that if I'd found it before I'd already ordered from Sideshow.

I really love the pose and colours of the new Gethsemoni, but have to agree that the face looks a little off. I think that she looks too harsh, reminds me of the face from the evil queen in snow white.

EDIT- Just had a mess around on paint with her face (found a close up photo), and I think she looks better with larger eyes. The heavy eye makeup make them appear quite small.
larger eyes.jpg

Interesting...

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new/deaths-ossein-unity-mask-14-scale-replica/

Would be neat if they made these interchangeable with the masks for the Death PF.

That's a weird choice for scale IMHO.
I mean...if they are a 1/4th scale masks collection...that makes them the size of the actual masks on the characters themselves. For Kier, for example...if I was to find a proper base for it, I could just display her masked head instead of the mask alone, while keeping the unmasked head on the actual body. And if these new masks are all that diferent, it would be alot cooler for them to be actual face sculpts that you could interchange them with the corresponding statue, for those who have them.
Maybe I'm wrong here...but I don't see people who already have the statue going for these masks.
It would have made a lot more sense to me if they were at least 1/2 scale.
Am I wrong here?

Death already has switchable masks won't this one be able to attach like the other two or an I wrong ?

Death does, yes, but this is a desktop ornament. But the point of this replica is for 2 reasons from what I heard.

1. To see if the community has interest in it, which could lead to 1:1 scale masks.

2. To start a possible series of desktop ornaments. In the lore, death has a huge collection of mask. The point of this series is to bring those masks to life, without breaking the bank. So they are seeing if the community has interest in these desk ornaments in a way.

It would be super cool if the mask can be switchable to the statue.

Lots of exciting Court of the Dead news on Sideshow Live this afternoon. Anna and Jessie really got me stoked.

A great looking Xiall bust, for starters. Busts aren't my thing but this one looked fantastic. If I didn't already have the Xiall PF I'd probably get this to represent her in my collection.

They showed off some parts of an in-development Relic Ravlatch PF that will be coming. A nice zoom on the big kite shield he'll have, which was impressive.

Mentioned some upcoming books but didn't go into much detail about them aside from a CotD covered sketch book.

Jessie dropped some big news about 9 (!!) new pieces debuting at SDCC.

CotD fans have to check the video out. Court segment starts at 33:30 for about 25 minutes.

Hmmm ....they mentioned characters from the Angelic Realm in the Sideshow Live yesterday. That might be interesting to see.

Back