Court of the Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pour yourself a rum and egg nog, stoke a fire, gather the kiddies around for a Christmas tale and then instead surprise them with the history of the Underworld and what they get to look forward to after they die... If they're lucky.

Pour yourself a rum and egg nog, stoke a fire, gather the kiddies around for a Christmas tale and then instead surprise them with the history of the Underworld and what they get to look forward to after they die... If they're lucky.

Oh I like the way you think, you know there is a special place in Hell for us,:devil: ah hahahahahaha

Me too; super stoked to get Xiall. Then I'll have all the faction leaders represented. The Gethsemone statue didn't really do it for me, so I got The Queen's Embrace print instead and will be above a shelf with Kier and Xiall. Have Death on order and he'll be the centre piece.

I'm hoping the Court of the Dead symbol on Dec 18th for Season of Sideshow will be Malevestros going up for PO.

Does anyone have the SDCC 2016 and the NYCC 2016 CotD event pins available to sell? Did not know about them until the new Holiday 2016 one and that are really cool!

Wow - some crazy news from Sideshow on this line:

"The Court of the Dead 3D design team has produced a host of new masterpieces. Starting with our Premium Format™ Figures, 2017 will debut several distinctive designs of the core faction leaders; some replacing past figures that have passed on into closed edition status . . ."

"We have focused on getting our initial group of characters released over the last couple years and now we will have the chance to dive in to some new characters and revisit a couple of fan favorites . . ."

"We’re looking at the return of some fan favorite characters in 2017 that we’re really excited to show off. We’ve got some new twists on a few of Court of the Dead’s notable ladies . . ."

So, it's looking they are going to pull a Marvel/DC on us. No official "re-issues" but new poses of the same characters. I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I suppose choice is good but for those of us invested in the current line, we are going to have to look at these new "designs" and decide if we want to add them to the collection, sell ones we have and purchase the new ones, or pass altogether. It's either really cool or a money grab, not sure. Maybe both? Hell, I don't know . . .

Last edited:
I didn't really like the original Gethsemone. The silhouette in the teaser banner has potential though, so will be looking forward to seeing that version. The other ladies all look great as is.

What most intrigues me is this:

"We will be showcasing other new figural formats throughout the year, as well. I’m especially excited about these new projects, which are aimed at providing the Court fans with some more accessible pieces that are smaller in scale but have the same level of quality and detail that our larger-format collectibles are known for.”

I just got an email invitation for the Executus Reaper Oglavaeil - Graphite Edition 1:2 bust

IMG_0101.JPG
IMG_0102.JPG
IMG_0103.JPG

Last edited:
Me too; super stoked to get Xiall. Then I'll have all the faction leaders represented. The Gethsemone statue didn't really do it for me, so I got The Queen's Embrace print instead and will be above a shelf with Kier and Xiall. Have Death on order and he'll be the centre piece.

I'm hoping the Court of the Dead symbol on Dec 18th for Season of Sideshow will be Malevestros going up for PO.

I know Xiall is Bone and Gethsemone is Flesh, but who is Spirit?

So this message went out on CotD Twitter and Facebook yesterday.

C3hfNF7UoAAEPt7.jpg

The line that stuck out to me was, "Some of the characters you know and love may have new... forms." That right after the bit about new interpretations of fan favourites.

We know Gethsemoni is being revisted, but no major changes to her design. They'd be mad to mess with Kier's look, and didn't look like any major changes in the background teaser image that was put out a while ago. That leaves me thinking a new Gallevarbe that isn't a mermaid?

can't wait to preorder the fantastic malavestros pf. hope it won't be too long till it's available

The sculptor (Mark Newman) confirmed that we're getting a new Queen, Kier and Siren statue on the other forums.

Back