Court of the Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting that they are doing new editions so soon. I like the pose on the queen but not thrilled with the face, but it's early. Can't wait to see the new Kier prototype. (love me some new Kier! :love) Looks like a new Siren and Xiall are coming also. We shall see.

Interesting that they are doing new editions so soon. I like the pose on the queen but not thrilled with the face, but it's early. Can't wait to see the new Kier prototype. (love me some new Kier! :love) Looks like a new Siren and Xiall are coming also. We shall see.

I'm betting Xiall is a legendary scale bust, not a PF.

I am game for the LSBS. Great and easy to display pieces. And the characters have very interesting portraits.

Long shot but does anyone have the NYCC Exc pin badge for CotD? It''s the 'Lady Liberty' skull badge only available at this Con. I have the current 3 pin's , SDCC 16- Spooktakular and Festive season but just missing this one. Any help greatly appreciated.

Good Luck.. those don't seem to pop up much anymore. I'm lucky I got that one early. There are two more coming this year too.

Just received 'Deaths Mask' and the 'Jester' skull pins from SS CotD gratis after trying to track down the NYCC pin! Very nice surprise.

I've been a long time lurker for the most part and thought I should contribute something I see asked for a couple times. I have the semi full translation of Wisp Word, I say semi because 2 letters don't have words. But if anyone has the chronicle and wishes to know what should not be said within the streets of illverness then here you go. But be warned, should you translate that passage, it will drive you MAD!!

wispword.jpg

https://mega.nz/#!ShQQ1SaC!Ius9Nqj7_EDoMHd0vOKM37Q6ihGjJXFWejsWJOJwCZ4

Good to see another who's translated Wispword!

Did you go about cracking it using Malavestros' scroll as a cypher once you figured out which song it is? That was my method. Then used the little intro scripts for the artists names to fill in the missing letters except the last 2 which we haven't seen yet.

I always ask for photos of the bottoms of CotD statues hoping they have some Wispword to translate. So far only Xiall does that I'm aware of.

I've done some Wispword calligraphy too. Really love the depth they've Court of the Dead universe.

No I purely went off the book. I started with the faction of blood page. It wasn't until I got death's coin from the holiday package that I finally cracked the language and was able to translate it fully, Before that I was maybe 15% of the letters translated and still not enough to finish. That coin is what got me the key pretty much. I haven't done Malavestros scroll yet, But I did hear from Tom himself what the scroll was so I didn't worry about it because some of the mystery was gone. I have yet to try Calligraphy, but I also don't have a calligraphy set to try with.

I also know the person who created Wisp word personally, but he is part of the faction of Flesh and I am a bone user, so he won't share with me the missing words.

I have the entire Court of the dead line up, Honestly never noticed Wisp word on the bottoms, but then again I don't look at that part often lol.

I'm jealous of your close connection to the team!

I puzzled it out when Susan dropped in a random video that Malavestros' scroll was a song by a certain band. So I grabbed a screen cap of the best view I could find of his scroll and looked for letter patterns that stood out. Then started combing through lyric archives of the band to find the letter patterns that matched and then I had a good baseline of letters to start translating the excerpt from the Chronicles book. There were still a few letters missing but I remembered a video where they interviewed some members of the CotD team and had little flash intros where their names and positions were in Wispword and then morphed to english, so tried translating those. The Wispword was gibberish - it was just "defhijklmn" so from that I was able to get the letter J at least, which never appeared in the Chronicles excerpt. Still missing Q and Z.

Here is J since you're missing it. It came from a video screencap so it's not as sharp as your page scans.

wispword-J.jpg

I posted this on the CotD facebook at Christmas. Little example of the first bit of wispword calligraphy I tried. I keep meaning to do one of my handle for a signature image.

SeasonsReapings.jpg

Thanks for the letter. I'll have to give calligraphy a try at some point. I'll look at the base of Demithyle I just got in recently, no one else comes in until june-july with cleopsis, doubt the oglavaeil Bust after will have anything, Death might, Malevestros does of course.

I know mosterpalooza will reveal someone, and SDCC might have 2-3 new reveals as well so stay tuned for that. ;)

Gravemist, I can confirm that the new Queen remake has Wisp Word circling her base!

I only have a small section from a photo, but will see what it translates to here soon when I can.

Wonder if it's like Xiall where they're words describing the values of her faction, since Gethsemoni leads Flesh and Xiall leads Bone.

Back