Court of the Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's difficult for me to pick a "best" from this line, but that one sure is awesome. :rock

Totally agree.. If I had a gun to my head and had to pick just one well I think It would have to be Cleopsis. There is nothing I can fault with it.
Luckily tho I dont have a gun to my head because Kier, Queen, Siren, and this goat head dude will all make my collection aswell.. well hopefully anyway.

I heard last night, someone talked to Tom Gilliland at CC, and was told the next release will be Kier. I guess we shall see.

For everyone looking to collect CotD stuff, there's CotD posters from SDCC 2014 on Ebay.

CotD poster SDCC2014.JPG

Well, damnit, I just got sucked back into SS!!

I've been out of the Premium Format game for quite a while and I will say however that I'm not back so much for SS themselves, but for the CotD line. I'm back to collect and ONLY collect this outstanding line and that's it. Nothing else.

This is in my opinion the best line SS has ever created. Being that there is no strict licensing rules to follow, they can truly create some amazing art.

I'll order all the PF's for this line, and then once SS says that the line is over then I'm finished. So as anyone can see I'm not a SS collector, but a Court of the Dead collector.

Nothing wrong with that Chargersfan! It's hard being a collector without stuff to collect.

I'm in the same boat... I'm getting sick of 1/6th and after my move, statues and bust are just a huge major pain in the rear. I'm also getting older and just don't have the motivation to buy/sell anymore, so I'm looking for my exit stategy i.e... that last line to collect and this maybe it.

Although I might only collect the ones I absolutely want & have room for vs make a new dedicated shelf for them.. some of these are huge!

Nothing wrong with that Chargersfan! It's hard being a collector without stuff to collect.

I'm in the same boat... I'm getting sick of 1/6th and after my move, statues and bust are just a huge major pain in the rear. I'm also getting older and just don't have the motivation to buy/sell anymore, so I'm looking for my exit stategy i.e... that last line to collect and this maybe it.

Although I might only collect the ones I absolutely want & have room for vs make a new dedicated shelf for them.. some of these are huge!

And I concur with this...the rising cost of 1/6th means I have pretty much given up collecting them, the value they used to offer for a collector just isn't there anymore
I feel a statue offers much better value these days & looks so much more impressive than any 1/6th

I am being selective though & DC PF's are my main focus with Court of the Dead being my second...but I have to watch what I get from CotD as they can be a bit much with what they display as I have a 2 year old daughter so feel some of the pieces won't be suitable for her.

This is why Queen & Kier are must haves with possibly Cleopsis to round them out as she isn't too bad either.

But yeah I can see why this line would suck you back in, such amazing stuff & being a totally brand new IP means so much scope to do what they want with it all.

Neil

And I concur with this...the rising cost of 1/6th means I have pretty much given up collecting them, the value they used to offer for a collector just isn't there anymore
I feel a statue offers much better value these days & looks so much more impressive than any 1/6th

I am being selective though & DC PF's are my main focus with Court of the Dead being my second...but I have to watch what I get from CotD as they can be a bit much with what they display as I have a 2 year old daughter so feel some of the pieces won't be suitable for her.

This is why Queen & Kier are must haves with possibly Cleopsis to round them out as she isn't too bad either.

But yeah I can see why this line would suck you back in, such amazing stuff & being a totally brand new IP means so much scope to do what they want with it all.

Neil

I wouldn't get this one if I was you, image.jpg

:lol. That one scares me! No way I'm letting my girl see that one. I have a 2yr old too whom looks at my Medusa rattle with questions. I'm planning on putting a curtain over any of these I get. I pack up all my Dead a year ago when she started crawling so she couldn't see those.

Shieve, Arbiter of Bone, not at SDCC. This is likely the most disturbing piece in the line IMO and is also reminiscent of the creatures from The Village (see spines on the back as well).

Back