Country Specific Section

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nocturne

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this, if it Blame Raider it's all his fault :lol

prob general collectables so people actually see it, then if dave dont like it he can move it
Evidence and Everything :lol

But back on topic an area to place country specific areas for special offers, shops selling things that might be of interest to collectors (shelving etc)

such as a main title heading then a subforum based around each country area. America, Europe etc

There didn't really seem to be an area dedicated to this and not all of us are American, so there's no good drooling over stuff we can't get from the Superstores there.

Anyone else like the idea ?

It would be nice to have the F/S section split into "International" and "Domestic". There are times where something pops up that I might buy but when I open the thread its located in Denmark or Germany and the shipping itself makes it unrealistic.

It would be nice to have the F/S section split into "International" and "Domestic". There are times where something pops up that I might buy but when I open the thread its located in Denmark or Germany and the shipping itself makes it unrealistic.

But Domestic to you isn't domestic to me

Obviously which is why I used the board's origin which is with Dave in California as the designation. If the board were being operated out of Spain, then that'd be domestic etc, etc, etc.

I do see your point, just think it would save confusion if it was just given a clearer designation is all. Choosing between America and the rest of the world kinda defeats the purpose of the idea.

I think this is a great idea, esp as not everyone uses the 'Location' field properly (not that there's anything wrong with that :) )
Plus, when us Brits start whining about FPi and Play there's somewhere of our own where we can do it :)

Cheers,
Doug

About 90% of what I'm here for has nothing to do with where the poster is, so I wouldn't want to see 100% of the info be broken out, but I agree that the commerce side of the house would benefit, but I don't think there needs to be a Euro or Asian Star Wars forum, etc.

oh god no, that's no what I'm proposing, is just when there's special offers etc that are being offered in a certain country.

Along with other things.
Matalan in the UK are carrying an great range of large picture frames (is the type that's meant to take lots of little one's under a mount) but is large enough to take a movie poster if you put it on top.

Thought this would be something other freaks would want to know, but had no idea where to put it and of course if you're not in the UK the idea's no good to you.

That's the picture frame I'm talking about holding a portrait quad poster, a tiny fold at the bottom but otherwise a perfect fit
wciam9.jpg

totaly agree with this ........We need a section where you can post deals that are on sale in your countrys shops, this has nothing to do with viewing member sales. if used right it would be a popular section of the board.

A thread would not be any use , as it will just get cluttered with out of country sales and it will lose its point so people will not use it day to day.

every one thinks this is a great idea exept the general moaners, but who listens to them anyway lol :rock

i think it would be a great place to add deals found in local shops, so they dont get lost in the board and people miss out.

Seems like an awful lot of work (for me). Besides maybe a good deal in a local shop or whining about Forbidden Planet - how much traffic would these sub forums get?

What designations? Europe, Asia, Oceania, N. Am?

Seems like an awful lot of work (for me). Besides maybe a good deal in a local shop or whining about Forbidden Planet - how much traffic would these sub forums get?

There is allways a deal to be had some where..... it may get people into the habit of posting them more often, so it helps board members ( once they have secured there own of corse lol )

you could just break it down to 3 groups so its less to monitor, Europe, Asia , America, The main Core groups, and if you dont fall ito them you just pick the one most local to you. At the bare bones you could just have europe + near by places and america + near by places so only 2 tabs to look after. that would probaly cover 90% of the members

Last edited:

Yeh thats a good idea but I think people in the USA would object to being reffered to as "International"

I mean would wouldnt want to have a Xenophobic attitude lol

I mean we have 48 countries in Europe

wouldnt want to be Great Britain and the rest of the world now would we . .

A tad to insular I think . . . .

Oh hang on just realised . . where your from . . .

Nevermind disregard the above

I think an "Outside US" For Sale/ WTB section would be a good idea. Any more than that would just be segregation.

As long as threads were marked with a country of origin such as
(UK) shelving deal at ....

Just a suggestion, just an area that wasn't quite collectables but more related to it than sandbox

Are we talking about a similar effet to the way the the rebelscum forums are run?
There's a wee international section tucked away towards the arse end of the page.

Cheers,
Doug

Back