Corrose's Workshop - 1/6 Scale Custom Accessories - OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Corrose's Workshop - Decals, 1/6 Custom Replicas - RED Bandanas Available!

As a quick couple of updates, as of this afternoon, I have the company coming by to pick up my printer/plotter. They are going to take it back to their shop for a general, contractual cleanup and tuneup. I will not have it back until probably early next week. Unless we have discussed something otherwise and you have a pending order with me, the rest will need to wait until I have it back.

Also as another update, it goes without saying I'm super swamped. I currently have about 4 3D print related projects I bounce back and forth between, and probably another dozen print jobs. If I owe you a PM about something, or have not answered an email from you, it's not intentional, it's not personal. This is something I do on top of my full time career. I have also mentioned that my wife is going to be 6 months pregnant as of tomorrow. I have also taken on the responsibility of all of the duties at home so she can rest. I stay busy 24/7. If you do not get a reply from me, I simply ask that you follow up with me every week or so.

It does not bother me if I hear from you once a week if I have not replied, I'm giving you permission to do so, just please do so politely and not phrase things like I'm intentionally not getting back to you.

Another quick topic I wanted to go over here: Pricing.

I'm going to always assume that when someone contacts me about a custom project, and they never ask once, what the cost will be, my assumption will always be that they can afford what I have to charge to make it worth my time. If said person is paying $1k for a rainman figure, or $300-$500 for a Hot Toys figure, its safe to say they are doing well financially and aren't hurting for money.

There is a given frustration that when someone says "Can you make me so-and-so for my Rainman Figure?" I reply laying out what the steps are: research, design, prototype, refinement, new prototpye and mockup and that can be anywhere from 10-20 hours of my time from start to finish on a more complex project. They green-light me to start working on it, and when its done and they love it, and I say "Your total will be $30.50" they freak out. It blows my mind how we can without hesitation drop $1200 on a Rainman figure but $20-$50 for an accessory he didn't include is me raking folks over the coals. I love and am passionate about 1/6, they's why I do this, but I'm not doing it if I break even or lose money each project. I have bills like everyone else. In the example of the 1/6 item mentioned above, let's say I put 10 hours into a project, nuts to bolts and it's just going to be a one-off. If I'm asking $60 for a finished piece, and $25 of that is material cost. My "hourly wage" only ends up being $3.50 an hour. McDonalds treats you better than that. If you just spent $350 for a hot toys figure and you need me to "work with you" on the price of a $6 base decal, please don't even bother me. And yes...I have had people, multiple times want to negotiate decal prices, even on the $6 decals that INCLUDE shipping and paypal fees. So if pricing is a concern, bring it up from the very, very beginning. Also please be considerate in this case, and that goes for any artist here, that their time is worth something. This has been happening a little more often than before so I wanted to address it here openly.

Thanks all

As a quick couple of updates, as of this afternoon, I have the company coming by to pick up my printer/plotter. They are going to take it back to their shop for a general, contractual cleanup and tuneup. I will not have it back until probably early next week. Unless we have discussed something otherwise and you have a pending order with me, the rest will need to wait until I have it back.

Also as another update, it goes without saying I'm super swamped. I currently have about 4 3D print related projects I bounce back and forth between, and probably another dozen print jobs. If I owe you a PM about something, or have not answered an email from you, it's not intentional, it's not personal. This is something I do on top of my full time career. I have also mentioned that my wife is going to be 6 months pregnant as of tomorrow. I have also taken on the responsibility of all of the duties at home so she can rest. I stay busy 24/7. If you do not get a reply from me, I simply ask that you follow up with me every week or so.

It does not bother me if I hear from you once a week if I have not replied, I'm giving you permission to do so, just please do so politely and not phrase things like I'm intentionally not getting back to you.

Another quick topic I wanted to go over here: Pricing.

I'm going to always assume that when someone contacts me about a custom project, and they never ask once, what the cost will be, my assumption will always be that they can afford what I have to charge to make it worth my time. If said person is paying $1k for a rainman figure, or $300-$500 for a Hot Toys figure, its safe to say they are doing well financially and aren't hurting for money.

There is a given frustration that when someone says "Can you make me so-and-so for my Rainman Figure?" I reply laying out what the steps are: research, design, prototype, refinement, new prototpye and mockup and that can be anywhere from 10-20 hours of my time from start to finish on a more complex project. They green-light me to start working on it, and when its done and they love it, and I say "Your total will be $30.50" they freak out. It blows my mind how we can without hesitation drop $1200 on a Rainman figure but $20-$50 for an accessory he didn't include is me raking folks over the coals. I love and am passionate about 1/6, they's why I do this, but I'm not doing it if I break even or lose money each project. I have bills like everyone else. In the example of the 1/6 item mentioned above, let's say I put 10 hours into a project, nuts to bolts and it's just going to be a one-off. If I'm asking $60 for a finished piece, and $25 of that is material cost. My "hourly wage" only ends up being $3.50 an hour. McDonalds treats you better than that. If you just spent $350 for a hot toys figure and you need me to "work with you" on the price of a $6 base decal, please don't even bother me. And yes...I have had people, multiple times want to negotiate decal prices, even on the $6 decals that INCLUDE shipping and paypal fees. So if pricing is a concern, bring it up from the very, very beginning. Also please be considerate in this case, and that goes for any artist here, that their time is worth something. This has been happening a little more often than before so I wanted to address it here openly.

Thanks all

:goodpost: Now write me back dammit! :lol

Its a damn shame to hear that your being haggled for pricing with the awesome work you put out. I would just ignore those request as it just doesn't seem worth the time and energy to reply to that nonsense bro.

Actually sending you a new pm! :wink1:

:goodpost: Now write me back dammit! :lol

Its a damn shame to hear that your being haggled for pricing with the awesome work you put out. I would just ignore those request as it just doesn't seem worth the time and energy to reply to that nonsense bro.

Actually sending you a new pm! :wink1:

I agree:goodpost:

Fantastic post Chris. I hate hagglers. This board is full of them. I sell some loose 1/6 shirt for $12, they always ask if I will sell it for $9.

It's really funny because like you stated, if you can afford a $300 + hot toys figure, you can afford $12 bucks.

Congrats on the big 6 months buddy

Here's a nice bump in the road.
So I had my printer (not the 3D one) picked up Monday to have a problem looked at that was under warranty.
I found out today that there were a couple of other issues that can only be looked at on the manufacturing level. They are shipping it back to California to get worked on. At a minimum I'm looking at 3 business days down time each way for shipping and likely another few for them to work on it. So any new decal work will be on hold for at least a couple of weeks as far as production goes. I do have extras of a lot of items that have previously been seen, so check with me if you need any of those things. I can obviously continue to take new custom work and work on the design side of things, but the production will have to wait. If you are needing something custom and are not in a huge rush I can be working on the layouts and all. Originally I would have gotten it back this Friday had it just been something routine, but that's how life throws the curve ball your way.

Thanks!

Sorry about the little bump in the road.
Hopefully, it doesn't turn out to be a major issue at the repairs.
And hope they don't take their time in fixing it.

I have a few customs in need of decals stands, so looking forward to
When you're back in action. :)

Hi there!

Sent you an e-mail....

Thank you!!

Another update, it's tough sending this reply via PM to everyone who asks, so I'll just post it here.
I got updated that my printer has been repaired (under warranty thankfully) and shipped a couple days ago. It should be back to my local guys by the end of this week. From there they will call me and set up a time to deliver it to me and re-set it up. Since I have a day job, we will have to try to find a day I can be there to let them in. The hope is that I am up and running by some point next week. Until then I am still sidelined on anything I don't have extras on.

They replaced a $3k print head and some other adjustments, I'm so, so thankful I had a warranty!

I will post again once I am back in the game, and I can start playing catch up on some lingering requests.

Thanks to everyone for their continued support and patience.

Last edited:

This is off topic from custom work, but I was looking for some opinions. Every so often I decide to cash in my reward points and buy something outright from Sideshow. There are a few figures I wanted at one point but had to pass that are now in-stock.

I know that everyone's opinion on what figures or licenses they like or dislike, but if any of you own any of these figures, I'd love to hear if you love it, hate it, etc.
Also looking for opinions on which might be harder and more expensive later on if I missed it.

- 1/6 Darth Malgus
- 1/6 General Grievous
- 1/6 Darth Vader (part of me loves this, but the helmet is all wrong, but I still keep going to the product page every so often)
- Celtic Predator
- The Wolverine (black suit and tie version)
- Mandarin
- Man of Steel Superman (Cavil version)

Also I really want Zod, and would happily throw my points on him, but that headsculpt does not look like the actor that much IMO, and the smiling mouth kills me. I doubt that the final photos are going to be reworked heads, so Im sure this will be a pass for me.

Thoughts?

Zod and leave the helmet on.

Vader is... well kinda weird, some pic show great angles others don't. The Wolverine has leftward eyes so certain angles make the pose good. General Grievous has neck issues. Mandarin isn't a worthy villain. lol Man of Steel Sups has a BIG head, like 15% bigger than 1/6 and is 14 inches tall. Malgus is good besides one paint issue. And celtic predator no comment. lol

A new fun project I wanted to do, no one is doing the figures that I know of, I just wanted to do the project to put one on Joker's interrogation table.
Will be doing the decal letters as well.

foav.jpg

gy9l.jpg

1g3n.jpg

ea1s.jpg

5hyn.jpg

4bhb.jpg

1bm5.jpg

I have already started looking at the stuff you sent over. Basically I have around 10 projects at any given time and I just kinda hop back and forth on them with the time I have.

Also thanks for that link, I have reached out to him to see if these are something he would like for his figure sets, unless they are already doing the mugs.

Chris I shot you an email back on the mugs, we would love to have you on board for those to go along with the 2012 Rust

That sounds fantastic, I sent you a reply as well.
So excited to see someone took charge and organized these figures, well done!

Back