Cordy up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their track record for females also includes the excellent Buffys (Prophecy Girl not withstanding) and Dru. They've been showing mostly production figures, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is the production head too.

Darklord Dave said:
If you are a doll collector, make sure you post her all over the doll forums so she sells out quickly. We need a strong showing in the Buffy line right now.

And aside from Mrs. Prinze, Mr. Boreanz and Aly, I think Charisma has been the most successful of the Buff-alum. She's constantly doing ABC Family movies, had a recurring role on Veronica Mars and she's hot.

Everyone tell your friends to buy more Cordy!

I posted both the preview and pre-order link over on Whedonesque. Everyone seemed to love her and seemed eager to buy one.

I think this was the perfect episode to make a figure of her from because most Buffy/Angel fans think of this as the best Cordy episode.

BDboystoys said:
Tara seems to be one that may be a little way away(meaning alot at this rate!)

lol, yep... I get that feeling too; I'm not exactly holding my breath though it would be nice to get a SSC newsletter on Valentine's Day next year announcing a Willow(new sculpt)/Tara twin pack.

Nick
... although that would prove costly for me as I'd need at least two extra Taras for custom purposes... :monkey3

I love the Prophecy Girl Buffys! I think most people who disliked the figure had more to do with the hair and would have preferred the molded style.

I just checked over on the BtVSfigs board and the biggest complaint I can see is that people think the head looks huge. I know this was also an issue with Darla when she was first shown and the final product had taken care of that issue. I'm hoping this will be the case with Cordy too. Charisma is tall and should be put on the tallest female body they have (and maybe one that is more curvy too if they have one). But even if it isn't, I'm thrilled with how this one looks.

Firefly Flanatic said:
I love the Prophecy Girl Buffys! I think most people who disliked the figure had more to do with the hair and would have preferred the molded style.

I just checked over on the BtVSfigs board and the biggest complaint I can see is that people think the head looks huge. I know this was also an issue with Darla when she was first shown and the final product had taken care of that issue. I'm hoping this will be the case with Cordy too. Charisma is tall and should be put on the tallest female body they have (and maybe one that is more curvy too if they have one).
I also liked PG Buffy. The face sculpt is deadly accurate, just gotta futz with the hair a little to get it just right.

As for Cordy being on the tall body, I have the ***** Galore figure from the Bond line who is on the tall body and she looks quite curvaceous thanks to the fantastic tailoring of her outfit.

I don't think Cordelia should be on the taller Sideshow female body. It's as tall as the original male body (12.5"). Charisma Carpenter isn't really that tall, she just appears to be tall as she is always wearing heels, and other female characters are really short. IMDB has Charisma as being 5' 7½" so she is tall for a woman, but not super tall (like a model).

My You're Welcome Cordelia will be posed with City Of.. Angel, so I want her to be significantly shorter, as she should be.

I think it would help to taper her pants rather than have the bell bottoms though. It's episode accurate. And the pants should be longer so that only the bottom of the shoes are visible. Finally, the shirt should be tighter like the ***** Galore shirt is. Again, it would be more episode accurate.

Even the standard female body is much shorter than the normal male body. Personally I'd like to have Cordy taller than the other ladies to reflect the relative scale. Wasn't Dru on the standard body too?

Back