Cordy up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MisterToyNYC said:
Cordy nude?!!! WHY?! Don't get me wrong, I love see Ms. Carpenter in her birthday suit, but it makes me kinda sad that she has to resort to posing for Playboy. It's downhill after that :( Hopefully there'll be life for her after "Angel".

Eric

She actually has had some work since Angel ended. She had a few epiosdes on "Charmed" a couple of seasons ago and last year had a recurring role on "Veronica Mars". The way they season ended I'd be guessing she'll be coming back next year as well.

Also, from what I've read, the Playboy gig was something she really wanted to do. She had just had a baby not too long before that photo shoot and had regained her wonderful figure.

Firefly Flanatic said:
Also, from what I've read, the Playboy gig was something she really wanted to do. She had just had a baby not too long before that photo shoot and had regained her wonderful figure.
Boy, did she ever! :monkey5

Ordered MINE as well. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

I sure hope that the positive buzz this figure has generated really translates into some big numbers for the Angel/Buffy lines. And if they release Giles as well they might see a bit of resurgence of Buffymania!

One can hope... I've already said goodbye to one line (POTA:monkey2 ) I don't want to say it to another! :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

If you are a doll collector, make sure you post her all over the doll forums so she sells out quickly. We need a strong showing in the Buffy line right now.

And aside from Mrs. Prinze, Mr. Boreanz and Aly, I think Charisma has been the most successful of the Buff-alum. She's constantly doing ABC Family movies, had a recurring role on Veronica Mars and she's hot.

Everyone tell your friends to buy more Cordy!

Got mine. I missed out on the Buffy line so I will definitely not miss a figure from the Angel line. :eek: She looks awesome. Andy Bergholtz did it again.

Awesome! BUt why is it Exclusive to the US? Its a kinda lame exclusive. ALthough it makes it alot easier if the sales arent too well recieved.(sounds like it is though!)

BDboystoys said:
Awesome! BUt why is it Exclusive to the US? Its a kinda lame exclusive. ALthough it makes it alot easier if the sales arent too well recieved.(sounds like it is though!)

Seems like we are seem more and more of these types of "exclusives"....Exclusive to America seems kind lame to me too..

King Darkness said:
Seems like we are seem more and more of these types of "exclusives"....Exclusive to America seems kind lame to me too..

You're misreading - as I understand it is a web exclusive in America - meaning it will go to distributors outside America but not any within America (i.e. exclusive to sideshow in US).

Make sense to me - American shipping from Sideshow should be reasonable (well - maybe Hawaii might suck) but its the overseas shipping cost that is huge....

SIDESHOW EXCLUSIVE
Within the United States, the Cordelia Chase 12-inch figure is only available directly from Sideshow Collectibles.

LordAzrael said:
You're misreading - as I understand it is a web exclusive in America - meaning it will go to distributors outside America but not any within America (i.e. exclusive to sideshow in US).

Make sense to me - American shipping from Sideshow should be reasonable (well - maybe Hawaii might suck) but its the overseas shipping cost that is huge....

Not sure then how do we outside US purchase Cordelia... suppose await news from the distributors... which I fear might not even bother bringing in Cordelia! Maybe need to trade figures again as an option... anyone keen?

Yes, shipping outside US as a fright... costing almost as much as the figure! :confused:

I'm in Australia. The distributor is at least in the same state as me. I get my figures from a dealer that deals through them. The edition size will give a good indication to me, as to how available they will be here in Australia.

I'm not sure where you are in the Orient, Fishyahoo, but Sideshow has distributors in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Japan and Taiwan. Wherever you get your figures locally will most likely get an allocation of figures from Sideshow. I would just go through them, and even place an order so they might reserve one for you when it does come in.

I think the sculpt looks great. I ordered her also. As much as I like the head and choice of costume the SSC folks are still making work for me because skinny Cordelia just doesn't cut it. I'll be switching her out to a more voluptuous Cy Girl which means a neck adjustment to the body is in order. But for Cordy I guess it's worth it. But what a great choice for the second figure in the Angel line. I hope all the people pleading for Cordelia place an order for her. It would be nice if this is a huge, or at least modest, success. I'm still hoping for a decent Faith, and I believe I've seen one or two people post about an interest in obtaining one of the more obscure characters in the Buffy line, what's his name again? Giles or something? Pray for good Cordy sales.

She's now up at Forbiddenplanet.co.uk for pre-order at £29.99 - that's where I'll be getting mine from...

... but it might just be all that sculpted hair but, wow, that's a biiiiiiig head. Again.

Anyhow, more Scoobies, SSC - I want my Giles and Tara!

Nick

chamildav said:
and I believe I've seen one or two people post about an interest in obtaining one of the more obscure characters in the Buffy line, what's his name again? Giles or something? Pray for good Cordy sales.

yeah that guy!!! i want wesley next. then Lorne---im a new Angel addict btw.

GElliot said:
Got mine! Hoping for Giles, Wesley, Lorne and Tara next.

Tara seems to be one that may be a little way away(meaning alot at this rate!) I dont hear the interest in her as much as say...GILES? I hope they'll get to her though, as she's an important and popular character. Sideshow should just release them with lower ES is concerned about the popularity. Just not too low so they can make a profit from them.:D

BDboystoys said:
Tara seems to be one that may be a little way away(meaning alot at this rate!) I dont hear the interest in her as much as say...GILES? I hope they'll get to her though, as she's an important and popular character. Sideshow should just release them with lower ES is concerned about the popularity. Just not too low so they can make a profit from them.:D
Yeah, poor Tara looks like she won't be a priority. We need a Giles, that's just inevitable. Next for the Angel figs I hope we get an "Apocalypse, Nowish" or a "Shells" Wesley, then a Lorne, THEN maybe a "Once More, With Feeling" Tara-- but then we'd need a good Willow to go with her.

Bring on Cordy!

Just placed my order. I think she looks great, I just hope the final product looks as good. It is a little scary, knowing Sideshow's track record for females.

Back