CoolProps Wolf Predator LifeSize Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see CoolProps continuing with the Preds. As a predominantly 1:1 bust collector and a huge Predator fan I'll probably end up getting this despite it's flaws. Not 100% sure yet, but there ain't exactly much in the way of alternative choices unfortunately. I have the P2 bust and yeah the dreads definitely bring it down, but It helps to know that it was apparently cast straight from one of the props used in the film. I wonder if the Wolf is the same or an original sculpt. I just hope if they do a P1 bust they can at least match the dread quality of the old SS/Stan Winston one.

Glad to see CoolProps continuing with the Preds. As a predominantly 1:1 bust collector and a huge Predator fan I'll probably end up getting this despite it's flaws. Not 100% sure yet, but there ain't exactly much in the way of alternative choices unfortunately. I have the P2 bust and yeah the dreads definitely bring it down, but It helps to know that it was apparently cast straight from one of the props used in the film. I wonder if the Wolf is the same or an original sculpt. I just hope if they do a P1 bust they can at least match the dread quality of the old SS/Stan Winston one.

The dreds on the P2 were NOT cast from a prop.

They were freshly "sculpted" and added to the bust by someone with about as much artistic talent as the Black Knight AFTER the swordfight.

Same appears to have happened here.

DQF5zlNV4AAxgH8.jpg
DQF56_WUEAASsYm.jpg
DQGyzD8VwAAL9Z3.jpg
Like someone said before, ladies!
DQFWxjJUQAAyn3B.jpg

Outside of the paint job, I’ve realise the one thing I wish they’d fix on this bust. It’s the direction the head is placed. Why is he looking down? If his head was placed like Scars or even the P2 bust, it’d be a lot better. Looks like he’s tired looking down

if they replaced the head with the SS one, then replaced the dreads with material from the 1:2 busts, it would be instant grail. Sadly, none of this will happen.

The neutral mouth on this makes him look bored, rather than menacing. There's no personality in what they used here. Obviously, they used what they have, but I think if they went the extra mile and tweaked the sculpt a bit, it would look much better. At the very least change the dreads though, they look worse than the P2 ones.

agree with the dreads, not sure why they cant do dreads like the legendary scale busts, so much better and as you say would elevate it even further

Okay so since this Bust is already painted, does this mean we could see it preorder before the year is out, or early next?

It is kinda growing on me. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they did a tour of the stand yesterday on facebook and said this will be out next year, nothing about scar and they were hoping to produce the Akihito predator but didn't say when

not sure why they cant do dreads like the legendary scale busts

To cut down the cost of manufacturing/assembling/shipping I think. It'll easily break 1800-2k if so. At least those dreads should be like SS P1's or Scar's. Not overly fused like this.
Overall, it's a nice alternatives to old SS one for sure.

To cut down the cost of manufacturing/assembling/shipping I think. It'll easily break 1800-2k if so. At least those dreads should be like SS P1's or Scar's. Not overly fused like this.
Overall, it's a nice alternatives to old SS one for sure.

Yeah, screw dreads. I’m looking at the face, not the dreads. They’re not that bad. If it comes out priced same as p2 pred then I’d buy it.

He is looking down which is slightly odd, but I could put him up high and have him looking down. Would be quite a sight to be held! [emoji849]🤪

they did a tour of the stand yesterday on facebook and said this will be out next year, nothing about scar and they were hoping to produce the Akihito predator but didn't say when

Cool. Yeah, might put a thing or 2 off and preorder this on flex. [emoji106]

Akihito looks really cool but I’d have to get Wolf first.

Scar. Not a fan of AVP 1 sorry guys..[emoji23]

Last edited:
It's probably a cultural thing but having those women at the booth and posing like that is REALLY tacky.

But doesnt america have cheer leaders? Formula 1 racing have the girls at the starting line that stands by the cars? UFC an other combat sports have ring girls? Its not specific to any culture to have hot girls in the proximity of said event. If you want eyes on your product, put some hot girls next to it, If you want to sell shampoo and bath products, its half naked women in commercials. Women are all over the place. Car show rooms too, i see it all the time.

But doesnt america have cheer leaders? Formula 1 racing have the girls at the starting line that stands by the cars? UFC an other combat sports have ring girls? Its not specific to any culture to have hot girls in the proximity of said event. If you want eyes on your product, put some hot girls next to it, If you want to sell shampoo and bath products, its half naked women in commercials. Women are all over the place. Car show rooms too, i see it all the time.

I'm not in America, have ZERO interest in any of those events, and (cosplay folks aside), have only seen CoolProps use this approach for collectibles.

Regardless - each to their own . . . but for me . . . in this environment . . . it's tacky, unnecessary, and detracts from the product.

Amsterdam have them as well but not sure that's a cultural thing :):)

If I'm not mistaken hot toys have used women (wearing less) to showcase their products. Or maybe that was something else I was looking at?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm not in America, have ZERO interest in any of those events, and (cosplay folks aside),
Im not in america either, (also have no interest in american football, or racing. a passing interest in mma and boxing ) but im shocked this is new to you! Especially here! Given the board is very hot toys and other 1:6 scale figures heavy they always have these ladies showing around the prototypes in their infancy. Like, literally for years and years. Infact, in coolprops threads for the last couple of years here we have the ladies

attachment.php

ar1-600x450.jpg

o0402060213872526040.jpg

They are part of the team!

Back