coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had some issues with mine. Number 93. First Sideshow told me they have no replacements. That all the spare pieces they had didnt pass their QC and I can have my money back or some credit. :lol I told them for a 2600 usd (final price with shiping and customs/taxes) piece and 2 years of waiting I really want a replacement. :lol In the end they did send me one. Got number 240 and luckily without any issues. I must say that the paint on the new piece is also a lot better than the old one. Love this piece.

IMG_1096.jpg
IMG_1095.jpg

This makes perfect sense to be fair.

I agree mostly but it is like the stories that changes by day LOL

I would just be happy to get the body and head and be done with it.

I see others with the little hard points in the clear. Sucks. I do not know the process to make them but they should just take a minute to check it.

Damnit...I should just stop looking. I was thinking of trying the heat gun thing, and noticed that this finger already had some flexibility. Now I know why...man, I don't see how you guys can stand spending so much money for flaws like this! This was surely my first and last pricey sculpt. I'll stick with Neca from now on.

alien finger.JPG

Third Dog received today...and once again....issues issues issues.....Prime 1 Studio QC is a total joke!!! This is a lottery!!! My friend just received one and his is perfect. WTF!! Am i cursed?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

I prefer the closed mount look as well. Never really cared for the other. I mean if I had 2 statues I would use both.

Sideshow told me first they were sent spare parts and then they are waiting for buyers returns to snag parts. WTF

Well,that's funny. My friend finally got an RMA to return his and it went back yesterday. I can only guess where they might be getting those parts from:slap

I had some issues with mine. Number 93. First Sideshow told me they have no replacements. That all the spare pieces they had didnt pass their QC and I can have my money back or some credit. :lol I told them for a 2600 usd (final price with shiping and customs/taxes) piece and 2 years of waiting I really want a replacement. :lol In the end they did send me one. Got number 240 and luckily without any issues. I must say that the paint on the new piece is also a lot better than the old one. Love this piece.

The membrane effect around the sides of the dome definitely looks better and more like the prototype piece paint app, than the others with the more stark, little vertical, lines going down the sides.

Third Dog received today...and once again....issues issues issues.....Prime 1 Studio QC is a total joke!!! This is a lottery!!! My friend just received one and his is perfect. WTF!! Am i cursed?

View attachment 467938

View attachment 467939

View attachment 467940

View attachment 467941

View attachment 467942

That's *****cking horrible! Get your money back if you still can. That's bulls**t! Don't listen to these guys that are telling you it's acceptable or makes complete sense what P1 and SS are doing to save themselves money.That's not what you paid $2000+ for! They've drank too much of the Koolaid!

This is typical of Chinese, outsourced horses**t, QC.

Wonder how much of this we can pin on CoolProps. Haven't seen a Prime 1 release with this high of a defect rate in a while, if ever.

View attachment 467938

View attachment 467939

View attachment 467940

View attachment 467941

View attachment 467942

I really tought about getting one of these but with seeing all these pictures i guess i better pass on that piece. (Would cost me about 2600$ in total with shipping and tax/customs included) I heared / was hopeing that prime 1 has a way better QC than most other companys. (Sideshow for example) But it's seems that the prices are getting higher and higher without any improvement of the quality control.

Looks like it can be fixed. What's wrong with the face?

i don't have the skill , i can try but if it breaks i need to be sure i will get a replacement, it's not only that no fingers are touching the base but it's exactly the same issue as others i've received... Regarding the head there is a visible hole between the dome and the upper lips that you can clearly see on my pic. I asked my friend and he doesn't have that. Prime 1 should recall all the Dog, check them and correct them if needed. That's just not acceptable when you're paying 2400 USD for a piece...

i don't have the skill , i can try but if it breaks i need to be sure i will get a replacement, it's not only that no fingers are touching the base but it's exactly the same issue as others i've received... Regarding the head there is a visible hole between the dome and the upper lips that you can clearly see on my pic. I asked my friend and he doesn't have that. Prime 1 should recall all the Dog, check them and correct them if needed. That's just not acceptable when you're paying 2400 USD for a piece...

Make sure you check your fingers...mine on the left hand also don't touch the base and when I looked, one finger had been broken at some point and sloppily repaired. Now I'm stuck with the ****ing thing.

Just return in and get another one dude, or get a refund and then order another one since they are still in production.

Im this close of cancelling my Dog. I really want it, but seeing all this has me both disappointed, worried...and downright mad...

I have the Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator and Victim tree on pre-order...and Id rather have that one instead at this point...

View attachment 467864

Holy crap! WHAT IS THAT AWESOME AND GIGANTIC PREDATOR VS ALIEN STATUE/MAQUETTE??????

:fireworks:eek

I'm not here to discourage you guys... This piece is amazing but all this issues combined for the price paid are a really let down...I don't understand how Prime 1 has been able to release a piece with so much QC issues. Imagine if i return it...this will be the fourth one...And if i get my money back? Will i get also the 500 EUR taxes back ??

I'm not here to discourage you guys... This piece is amazing but all this issues combined for the price paid are a really let down...I don't understand how Prime 1 has been able to release a piece with so much QC issues. Imagine if i return it...this will be the fourth one...And if i get my money back? Will i get also the 500 EUR taxes back ??

I would imagine you would get all your funds returned, including taxes. I would try again for a fourth time, though, if I were you. I was not even able to get a single return. They told me outright that there was no more stock, but this was barely a week ago.

I did contact SS today and plead my case and they said mgmt would review and get back to me. The agent did sort of chide me for not checking the statue thoroughly, but I did tell her that the damage was not evident, and I thought I had checked it thoroughly. I told her I would even be willing to go back on the pre-order list and wait it out, that's how good I think this statue is.

Chin up, buddy and power onward!! Keep us posted.

WTF My feet also do not touch fully. I just thought it was a pose not a flaw.

Today when I get home I am double inspecting. I was just annoyed at the 4 orange splatters on the rear right shoulder.

I won't say I am worried but I also thing the foot with the peg does not sit flat in the base as well.

Just wondering if anyone knows why or what those 3 little candle looking things are on the base LOL

Just a note.

I contacted Prime 1 directly using Facebook Messenger and they were quick to refer me to their careline and that they will handle Sideshows parts.

Just wondering if anyone knows why or what those 3 little candle looking things are on the base LOL

Reference to the candle lighting scene in the movie.

The spatters and nicks are annoying, but I don't know that I'd be too upset about this issue here. As long as the rest of the piece is stable and locked in, I'd prefer the hand to hover a bit than for the bottom of it to scrape up against the base and lose paint. :monkey1

Gah, these posts make me nervous. I still have received no final shipping notice on my order even though I preordered right around the time it first became available on Sideshow's site. Perhaps they are actually double checking these before shipping them out? At least thats what a Sideshow rep told me via chat ("they are being checked for QC issues in batches")

Gah, these posts make me nervous. I still have received no final shipping notice on my order even though I preordered right around the time it first became available on Sideshow's site. Perhaps they are actually double checking these before shipping them out? At least thats what a Sideshow rep told me via chat ("they are being checked for QC issues in batches")

They authorized a refund for me, so mine is going back. I may re-order but I'm on the fence...

Back