coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gah, these posts make me nervous. I still have received no final shipping notice on my order even though I preordered right around the time it first became available on Sideshow's site. Perhaps they are actually double checking these before shipping them out? At least thats what a Sideshow rep told me via chat ("they are being checked for QC issues in batches")
No way they are checking these. That's just a lame excuse if you ask me.

I'm inclined to believe that as well. I'm just hoping that returns + shipping for such a huge piece makes it financially worth it for them to give each piece a quick check before they are sent out...

I'm inclined to believe that as well. I'm just hoping that returns + shipping for such a huge piece makes it financially worth it for them to give each piece a quick check before they are sent out...

They don't check - when they say they will - they are lying. It's just one of their standard "lines" to use.

Sadshow won't be bothered about cost as this would fall under PRIME1's area of responsibility since they are the original suppliers.

Regardless - even though these appear to be a bit hit-and-miss - I hope all those incoming arrive in perfect condition.

They don't check - when they say they will - they are lying. It's just one of their standard "lines" to use.

Sadshow won't be bothered about cost as this would fall under PRIME1's area of responsibility since they are the original suppliers.

Regardless - even though these appear to be a bit hit-and-miss - I hope all those incoming arrive in perfect condition.

They definitely don?t check anything. Funny is I received confirmation from Sideshow that they got my returned piece and they will check and send me my replacement... I received this in the time customs in my country already handled my replacement. :D When I opened the box all was brand new. Nothing repacked.

They told me today they have fully exhausted their supply for this item...no replacement stock anymore... I've too choose between a gift card and a full refund of what i paid to sideshow..

They told me today they have fully exhausted their supply for this item...no replacement stock anymore... I've too choose between a gift card and a full refund of what i paid to sideshow..

Likely more lies, or a cleverly worded statement intended to make you stop trying to get them to do their job.

Get a refund and wait till they "somehow" :wink1: get some more in.

Likely more lies, or a cleverly worded statement intended to make you stop trying to get them to do their job.

They are still available for pre-order here in the US, and I was considering trying that to get a new one, but I've decided to just return it and bought an original 1979 Alien poster for $350 instead (to satisfy my hunger lol) and bank the remainder. as much as I want this, I can't go through this again.

Does a refund include the shipping costs the customer paid?
Unfortunately if you are outside the US it's not that easy because you need to get back the paid customs/tax.

I have talked directly with the returns manager and I believe they have no replacements. I actually think it is easier for them to do total replacements.

I too am waiting for a Dog Replacement whether full or body I am not sure of his plan.

He said he is waiting for parts/statues to take care of it and a few others but that he did not have any.

Here is a few other things happening and why I believe him. Relevant to this I think.

I received my TLK Bumblebee and right away he is sending my the battle masked head that was missing from my box. That box looked open and weak panels and everything, even the tissue paper was not right on some of the parts but the factory yellowish tape as the only tape so Prime 1 must have done the to it. Even the foam was separated.

I received a defective Shockwave, they immediately replaced it, and when the second was still defective they offered a credit because they do not have any other statues or parts and were ok to have Prime 1 address it because they had no more and Prime 1 contacted me and offered to help. They know Sideshow had limited statues and were going to ship parts directly to Sideshow for me.

I am just pointing out that with Bee he said he thinks he has a part and would send immediately and Shockwave the credit and still I was able to reach out to Prime 1. Seems like a lot to do for a liar.

Additionally the Dog information he gave me is the same you all are getting.

I do not stick up for Sideshow but I have to say that all the stories line up with these 3 statues.

If he was willing to do all this for me, and still I am in the same boat with the Dog, I just cannot say he is a liar. To just pick one of the 3 pieces to lie to me about?

Sideshow is not innocent of dumb moves but I have to say this one they are not lying. If I am wrong ok sorry but I think I am right LOL

NOTE: Yes I believe the checking your item is BULLSHYT because to check Shockwave meant opening 4 boxes and he basically had to admit they don't have time to check it but they now see by not checking it has made it worse.

It is not my fault it is so big the base is 1 box, arms another, legs in another and tube in another LOL

I had to carry those 4 boxes 2 times upstairs and once down with the defective one. Not fun, plus repacking like 80 pieces NOOOOOOO

I give them 4 Pinocchios on checking anything

They are still available for pre-order here in the US, and I was considering trying that to get a new one, but I've decided to just return it and bought an original 1979 Alien poster for $350 instead (to satisfy my hunger lol) and bank the remainder. as much as I want this, I can't go through this again.

Shame you didn't get what you originally patiently waited for, but as long as you are happy with your decision - that's all for the best.

Does a refund include the shipping costs the customer paid?
Unfortunately if you are outside the US it's not that easy because you need to get back the paid customs/tax.

If the item is damaged, you get EVERYTHING back from Sideshow that you paid them. Any customs/import fees & taxes would then have to be claimed back from government office (technique & difficulty varies by country - Canada are SLOW, but do refund eventually).

Shame you didn't get what you originally patiently waited for, but as long as you are happy with your decision - that's all for the best.

If the item is damaged, you get EVERYTHING back from Sideshow that you paid them. Any customs/import fees & taxes would then have to be claimed back from government office (technique & difficulty varies by country - Canada are SLOW, but do refund eventually).

But what about shipping the item back to sideshow? Do you know if they provide a prepaid shipping tag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I can't complain about my Sideshow experience; my last flex payment was charged yesterday, and I have my statue here as I type. Talk about lightning fast delivery from California, USA to Ontario, Canada. I have Deluxe #57 of 800.

I am now faced with the problem of the box being too big to fit in my car. I'll probably have to take the dog alien home a few pieces at a time from the office. Joy. I wish this piece was 1/4 scale.

Ok cool, thanks!

Yup, just got the email with the return shipping label. $400 of that 2k already allocated to original Alien poster, and eyeing a $600 sideshow space jockey... [emoji1787]

Back