coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This. All damn day.

Yeah man if you’re crazy enough to go and drop $6500 on a statue, then that’s your business.

Don’t make it everyone else’s to go and to do the same.

I’m buying a $2600 statue and that’s ****ing pushing it to extreme. But I’m justifying it myself saying how intricate and detailed it is. Im not not hammering others to buy it though. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah man if you’re crazy enough to go and drop $6500 on a statue, then that’s your business.

Don’t make it everyone else’s to go and to do the same.

I’m buying a $2600 statue and that’s ****ing pushing it to extreme. But I’m justifying it myself saying how intricate and detailed it is. Im not not hammering others to buy it though. Lol.

Plenty of people spend that much or more one piece. If it was worth the difference it might be something I'd consider. I have been asking in that thread for someone to realistically justify that price difference and I haven't gotten a definitive answer where they came up with that figure. I can see the paint is more detailed and overall statue is a bit more accurate and being US made by ADI is nice, but 4x the cost is a bit much.

The paint work looks kinda bland in comparison to the ADI maquette.

Dude, we get it. You love the ADI dog alien maquette and can't stand the idea that other people might prefer the Prime 1 version. You have made your opinion abundantly clear. Give it a rest. Other people are allowed to have different opinions than you.

Yes, the ADI maquette is marginally better paint and accuracy-wise, but that price tag is a deal breaker for most of us. Plus, I think the P1 dog alien's pose just looks better (purely subjective opinion) AND the deluxe version comes with an extra head for more display options. For those of us who don't have an unlimited budget, the choice is a no-brainer.

Hey, got my deluxe edition today. Quality is top-notch, definitely a winner and keeper for me.

I have also included the instructions/part sheet, in case somebody wants to see.

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0190.jpg
    DSC_0190.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC_0191.jpg
    DSC_0191.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC_0194.jpg
    DSC_0194.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC_0195.jpg
    DSC_0195.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 162
Wow, #003, such a low number! Thanks for posting, joern. It's nice to see how all the pieces fit together, and also we can see the box weight and dimensions so we can plan ahead for its arrival.

At risk of sounding hyperbolic, could this be the best "mass market" Alien statue to date? Seriously, I can't think of anything better than this.

I genuinely think it is, and by a large margin. The Mamegyorai Big chap is the only Alien statue that comes close imo, and that is a good whack more expensive. It bodes well for their future Big chap, Warrior and Queen statues.....

Yeah, I think the Mamegyorai Big chap could top even that. But again, seeing the dog alien in real will surprise many of you of how good it really looks, especially the head and dome.

Agree 100%.

It looks AMAZING, and I MUCH prefer the pose.

And I agree with you agreeing. lol The ADI pose isn't even a natural movement for a quadruped. And okay, so the paint is better...pay a good painter 1K and blow the ADI paint job out of the water and you are still only at $2700.

Tail is indeed not poseable and it consists of 2 parts: the main tail and the tip, holding together via magnets and pin.

And about the teeth. To me they look much better than what was recently posted so nothing to worry here.

DSC_0200.jpg

Back