coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see the closed mouth is still go, I think I prefer it... I am still worried about a seam line, but let's hope they have engineered that problem away.

Images posted by Chinese collectors on the show.
13747d43fbf2b2116fea9d3dc18065380dd78e4d.jpg
0a688518972bd4074c00cb8e70899e510eb3094d.jpg
981c61c2d5628535215e6f539bef76c6a6ef63d6.jpg
5d93a3b1cb134954d48e55165d4e9258d0094af8.jpg

i'm in love!

hopefully won't be long till preorder starts. i asked on facebook and got this reply:

Thank you for the message.
Dog Alien Maquette, we are aiming to start pre-order soon. The date hasn't been set yet but will announce it via our official website and Facebook page.

Thanks for your patience and support !

Thanks,
Mika
CoolProps

Can't wait!!

My Bankaccount will hate me, but i'll have to live with it :pfft:

Yeah - but need to know what's going on with that seam line IF the head/shoulders are supposed to be interchangeable.

Maybe it's just meant to be a separate bust? :dunno

It would be a waste if it was just a separate bust imo. But as much as I stare at the image above, I cannot fathom where that extra head lines up with the full statue next to it, nothing seems to match. Best I can guess is that part of the body of the extra head stays on the base, and the heads switch out just beneath the shoulder blades. But who knows... Can't wait to see more details and fingers crossed for a good price.

Still doesn’t look like it would switch out.

Maybe it’s just an exclusive trophy head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Based on nothing at all, I'll put money down that just the head swaps out.

Seems like a pointless accessory to include if it didn't switch out and it would be too expensive to make 2 molds for the statue for 2 diference heads that were permanent.

But I guess we'll soon see.

Getting excited! I'm hurting for money so I'm hoping they'll be kind with the price.....

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Really hope they do busts. Having given this some thought since its announcement, the size and economics of a full-body alien in 1/3 just don't make sense for me, especially if I'm interested in multiple designs.

Can't wait to see what factory paint is gonna be like.

And if they were going for interchangeable, then the neck would have been a better choice for hiding the seam.

Can't wait to see what factory paint is gonna be like.

And if they were going for interchangeable, then the neck would have been a better choice for hiding the seam.
Yeah I kinda feel like the head has a peg and/or magnet on the neck and it lifts out between the shoulders and you can choose between open and closed mouth.

Does anyone know what the physical measurements are? In particular, would it fit in a Besta case?

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

here is a pic with closed mouth, so it has to be interchangeable

Looks like P1 will be offering the closed-mouth head as well. These pics are from the Shanghai Con:

22289949_1556344791095365_3713914788728353120_o.jpg

looks like the seems are really well hidden.

Notice none of those images show the tail? On the forum people said the tail was actually broken during the shipping...

Yup but without the tip blade. The first pic of my post, u can see the tip blade laid on the Base. Maybe there is no proper shipping box for this item yet.

Ah, gotcha. And I didn't even realize it was you that posted those pics, how embarrassing. :lol

Omfg I love but it's too expensive and big for my house. I d be happy - in fact ecstatic Just to able to buy the open mouth bust...

That is the same head that is on the pedestal so I have no idea how there is no seam on the arm.

I think the neck is going to insert inside the shoulder rims so there should only be a seam on the collar bone and at the back which will be no big deal. The pedestal base will just be the shoulders and a place to insert the neck.

Back