Cooler custom cape for my Takara Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol pm sent ! these would solve the friggin expensive dilemma of buying a loose Takara cape lol, while im happy with my tdk cape atm, it could beb etter and i know that, and now it annoys me,esp since it makes him look fatter

i took some additional pics on my table. dont worry the cape isnt shiny i just dont know how to turn off the flash on my camera. i will try to take some more later.

i took some additional pics on my table. dont worry the cape isnt shiny i just dont know how to turn off the flash on my camera. i will try to take some more later.

Those pics look amazing. Yes, I would definitely be interested in buying one of these. :D

Guys all you need to do is purchase some black material and cut out a new cape...you can even experiment with different sizes. dont start giving your money to this guy who has made his own. I simply found some material and cut my own cape out. save yourself some money guys

I have neither the right material nor the pattern to cut the cape.

Ok, seems like quite a few are interested! I've started a new thread to take orders in Custom Commissions for those interested.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1428691#post1428691

So my good friend Dozogovi is going to let me borrow his Hot Toys TDK cape so I can make a template from. I'll offer the Takara and Hot Toys TDK cape versions. All the details can be found in the new thread. Thanks!

Is the Takara cape the most accurate shape? I suppose I could make a template over the weekend, but I'll need to scan it in sections as it's way bigger than A4. I wouldn't be surprised if it uses four A4 sheets.

IMG_1806.jpg

ec851cb3.jpg

Pictures belong to edwint.

the original hot toys cape has there are two little plastic clips on them that wedge into the shoulders. On these clips there 2 tiny little tiny holes for stitching to go through. What I did was clip the stitches that attach the clip to the hot toys cape then attach those clips to my cape . Its so simple anyone can sew those original clips to this new cape. If you don't feel comfortable taking the clips off the old cape you could always buy a duplicate cape on ebay for cheap. I saw one on there yesterday

Back