Cool Toy Review Snake Eyes Photo Archive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, It says both actually:

I remember seeing the in stock status before, just not the Pre-Order thing.
They might have run through most of their stock and it's now shifted into pre-order for a second shipment.
I do remember the guy at Monkey Depot saying they were in stock.
If you want one now, you could just call Monkey Depot and ask if they have any available to ship now.

It's not unheard of for Sideshow to send out a few samples to a few select people early so they can review it.

I'm pretty sure that Bantar is correct. It's confusing, but I think it just means that they haven't sold all of their pre-order allocations yet. I don't think anyone has them in stock and for sale yet, just a couple for reviews apparently were sent out.

Forearms still look way too long.

Yeah that too. But the Sideshow monkeyarms have always really bothered me the most.It's really retarded that they're still have this problem.

Chavez... just wondering mate, are you saying that hot toys has monkey arms/ forearm issues too then?
2610a.jpg

2610b.jpg

2610c.jpg

Chavez... just wondering mate, are you saying that hot toys has monkey arms/ forearm issues too then?

I would say yes, kinda. The issue with the TrueType is minor but obvious. When looking at a human's arm, from the shoulder to the elbow and from the elbow to the wrist are typically the same lengths. On a TT however, the distance from the elbow to the wrist is greater than that of the shoulder to the elbow. Therefore, it gives an odd appearance of monkey arms in a pose with bent elbows.

Wow, you guys are pulling me back in. But I must resist. I'm just damn broke now, and honestly cannot afford the line. Also, I really feel that for my $120 plus shipping, he should be perfect out of the box. I am not a talented customizer like many of you. I do, however, appreciate many of these new images surfacing. And I hope the line lasts forever.

:D

That's good work for $25, but I can see the value of an extra $95 in the visor alone.

the only problem with that is that the visor on the sideshow version looks like somebody played a prank on old snake eyes by gluing the grill from an old chevy to his face while he was sleeping....

2867349212_88970420d5.jpg

:rotfl

I would say yes, kinda. The issue with the TrueType is minor but obvious. When looking at a human's arm, from the shoulder to the elbow and from the elbow to the wrist are typically the same lengths. On a TT however, the distance from the elbow to the wrist is greater than that of the shoulder to the elbow. Therefore, it gives an odd appearance of monkey arms in a pose with bent elbows.

I think it's a matter of how and where you flex the joint. Some people only use one of the joints in the elbows, and that makes the forearm look longer. It's a common mistake.

actually the visor on mine was made by Hasbro and matches much of the comic book reference art...

the slim visor is far closer to what the character wears in the reference materials.

sideshows belongs on an automobile.

And to think I was doing everything I could to not say it looked Hasbroish. :dunno

And to think I was doing everything I could to not say it looked Hasbroish. :dunno

hasbro has made joes for 45 years. they made every version of snake eyes ever made except the sideshow one.

hasbroish?!?

i wish i could say something remotely that positive about the sideshow visor...

not to mention the spaghetti arms....

actually the visor on mine was made by Hasbro and matches much of the comic book reference art...

the slim visor is far closer to what the character wears in the reference materials.

That is completely subjective on your part, this is SSC's interpretation of the character, to me he looks fine. Actually Dave's photo archive pushed me over the top for this figure. SixthScale while your figure is decent I prefer SSC over yours.

I love that Sideshow is coming out with these new figures, if only for the reason that G.I. Joe fans are starting to make Star Wars fans look normal. :chew

That is completely subjective on your part, this is SSC's interpretation of the character, to me he looks fine. Actually Dave's photo archive pushed me over the top for this figure. SixthScale while your figure is decent I prefer SSC over yours.

and that's fine... i'm not trying to market mine or anything.... i'm jusst saying ... to me the sideshow figure just has too many design flaws to be worth the price... especially when i can make my own for less... i'm not saying that people can't disagree with me... and i'm not trying to sell anyone an alternate version...

i'm just saying that it's not too difficult to put together alternate versions for a lot less money and many that i've seen are imho far superior in design and execution to the sideshow version...

I think it's a matter of how and where you flex the joint. Some people only use one of the joints in the elbows, and that makes the forearm look longer. It's a common mistake.

... I'd actually agree if I didn't own any. However actually owning about twenty TrueType bodies (give or take one that I don't remember and don't feel like stripping down to verify), I can honestly say, no. The forearm is longer than the upper arm. There's no mistake about it. The wrist should actually sit below shoulder level, not 1/4in above it.

Last edited:
Back