Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was mentioned by Sideshow years ago... but I would not put a lot of faith in it happening. They seem to have mostly moved away from the PT; but doesn't mean it'll never happen... just might need some time for the nostalgia train to come back to the station.

The list on the first page is depressing. So many figures I owl buy that are "planned" by Sideshow that will never happen. Would be nice if they could comment in here and give some info on things that have been rumored for years.

Since Hot Toys released some figures using the Battlefront license already, I'm hoping they can do the same with Battlefront II. This means they have a way to release prequel figures :yess:

They won't, though. Prequels are commercially dead. There's a lot of things HT could have done with their license which they have not.

The PT is seemingly dead for now... but I would not be surprised if it sees a resurgence in popularity as the generation that grew up with it gains more buying power. And if you look at the 2015 Celebration compared to the 2017 one; there was much more PT representation. In 2015 it almost seemed like they were avoiding the PT at all costs.

And in terms of oddball figures; Sideshow has delivered on offering all of the Bounty Hunters. So, if you can get a Zuckuss and 4-Lom is a Ree Yees really that far fetched?

Im really hoping that The emperor, royal guards (praying for a 2 pack), ROTJ Stormtrooper (2 pack), Death Star Commander go up for pre order after SDCC next week....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The PT is seemingly dead for now... but I would not be surprised if it sees a resurgence in popularity as the generation that grew up with it gains more buying power. And if you look at the 2015 Celebration compared to the 2017 one; there was much more PT representation. In 2015 it almost seemed like they were avoiding the PT at all costs.

And in terms of oddball figures; Sideshow has delivered on offering all of the Bounty Hunters. So, if you can get a Zuckuss and 4-Lom is a Ree Yees really that far fetched?

Well... that happened sooner than I thought. Anakin's been shown at SDCC:

Sideshow seems to have applied the breaks on their 1/6 figures... I don't think they showed anything new coming from SWCO and for SDCC this year it's only the Snowtrooper Commander.

I can't recall a year since they acquired the license that they didn't at least have a few new 1/6 figures for SDCC; and some years they showed a ton of stuff.

If anyone can post what was shared at today's panel that'd be awesome. There is a 1/6 Mythos Kenobi but I haven't seen anything else shared yet and if Kenobi is a one time figure of if they will be doing a series of Mythos figures.

You also had a custom Force Spirit Hayden... so your poor judgement has been well documented.

I still think it was a cool idea. It's a nice way to tie both trilogies up. But the execution has not aged well for me. Especially after the Harmy versions.

Good for you man, I'm glad you've finally turned away from the darkside.

I honestly hate the addition of Hayden to the end of ROTJ... I do get what they were going for and if he hadn't been such a **** character I might have felt differently. But his appearance at the end is like a slap in the face :lol

Back