Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Confirmed Upcoming Sideshow Star Wars Releases: 1/6 Figures and Accessories

Thanks! Now I have a great puke gif so I don't have to go searching for one next time. ;)

......post deleted wrong topic

Probably doesn't mean anything, but C-3PO says available for pre-order in the near future and the Tie-Pilot says available for pre-order in the future.

Endless wait for these guys:
Max Rebo Band- Unaltered Trilogy
Rees Yees
Squid Face
Yak Face

Quite often we do see the thread on Jabba's throne setup popping up with new images.

I really hope the setup grows with these guys seeing the light of day.

Well, a big day for 1/6 Star Wars fans... we finally get a furry Chewbacca and a great looking ANH Han :rock :rock

I've still left a spot for Chewbacca from Sideshow, but I'd guess they will not bother at this point... unlikely they could improve the figure on quality or price.

Well, a big day for 1/6 Star Wars fans... we finally get a furry Chewbacca and a great looking ANH Han :rock :rock

I've still left a spot for Chewbacca from Sideshow, but I'd guess they will not bother at this point... unlikely they could improve the figure on quality or price.

Yup. Pretty sure with Chewy, this is it. And that is okay. :D

Agreed... and I don't even know what the price of the HT Chewie is yet, but if Sideshow is charging $230 for Deadpool, I think they've decided to match HT prices w/o ever tightening up production enough to justify it.

I've been very impressed with what Sideshow's been able to do, but they still royally mess up on every other figure and get at least a few things wrong on all of them.

And like that Chewie and Han are off the list as they're now up for pre-order. And now I really stand behind the statement that Sideshow won't be able to compete with HT on either the price or quality. I'll still leave it in the "planned" category for Sideshow until I hear different, but it's game over on 1/6 Chewbaccas. I think the only other thing we might see would be an ESB, ROTJ or even crappy PT version.

And honestly, I'd probably double dip on Chewie to have him either carrying C-3PO in pieces, or hanging out with Jabba.

We now need a HOT TOYS Confirmed Upcoming thread like this.

Why? Doesn't everyone already think that Hot Toys is going to release every Star Wars figure possible in the next 12 months? :devil

I'm super-stoked for Chewbacca, but I can't think of anything else at the moment that would have me in the same hurry to whip out my wallet. Ok, maybe a Sideshow AT-AT driver.

We now need a HOT TOYS Confirmed Upcoming thread like this.

I figure since we're all buying from the same place I'd just keep it to one list... but maybe adding Hot Toys to the title would be a good idea and giving them their own section.

Although it's not like HT gives out a lot of teasers, and really Sideshow hardly does anymore. Still a worthwhile thread, but hardly anything gets added anymore :monkey2

You should add an "announced" section at the top for stuff that is available for pre-order but hasn't yet shipped. That will get you a bunch more items on the list.

Also, the Luke in the development list should be X-Wing, not X-Wing/Snowspeeder. And was it confirmed whether it was ANH or ESB-specific?

Yeah, but at the time it was teased they had also suggested a snowspeeder outfit might be coming... so I left it, but I could just break it out into two different ones which would make more sense.

... but maybe adding Hot Toys to the title would be a good idea ...

Good, yes. Or just take Sideshow out and leave this thread as "1/6th Star Wars Figures". Who knows who else Disney will give the license to.

Agree with Mr. Greg there. Just take "Sideshow" out of the title.

Taking "Sideshow" out of the title impacts search results if anyone cares about that.

I think the next will be obi wan anh. Then a couple from empire, then jedi. Probably ep3 anakin too. I'm hoping for a good slave leia.

Best,

Robert

Old Ben would be a good choice because I would skip that one, likely. Give the wallet a bit of breathing space.

Changed up the title and ordering of the thread... hopefully it makes sense... a bit odd since I don't have any confirmed in development figures for HT, just the two planned ones.

I seem to recall Leia being mentioned a long time ago, but can't find a reference. And of course if anyone has additions or subtractions let me know.

If HT go on with the "set" trend or related figures releases, I'd expect Luke and Leia to be next. It would be great being able to display the 4 main characters of the OT in their ANH garb in the not too distant future.

Back