Condition of books shipped through Amazon.com

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my Indy making of book through Amazon this week and it arrived loose in a box with just one bit of inflatable packing. One end of the cardboard box was squished and torn open enough to see the contents. Luckily only one corner of the book was dinged.

I order way too much through Amazon. About 2/3 of the time I get the shrink wrap and 1/3 loose with a small inflatable. Which way they pack seems not to be related to size, value or number of items. It's Russian roulette, but at least they are great about returns when the damage is significant enough for me to bother.

What I really hate is when the item is expensive or meant for a gift and they do the toss it in a box loose thing.

Last edited:
Eh.. I've only ordered through them twice... they are just the "other" name on my paycheck. ;)

Sad thing is that I get a discount but if the item is one of those deals where it comes from a secondary company or whatever.. I don't get to use my discount. Found that out the other day when I ordered the second item (Diamond Select TOS Communicator) from them.

I have been pretty happy with Amazon. I mostly order CD's and Books from them, and they are usually packed pretty well. When I first started ordering books from them they would be loose in the box with the piece of inflatable plastic like everyone elsle has said. Recently though I have been receiving my books shrink wrapped to the piece of cardboard. A couple books I have received have had a little damage but nothing significant, and plus I'm not the type that needs my books in absolute mint condition unless it's a very valuable book. I plan on ordering a Star Wars book and the upcoming book Brisingr from the Inheritance Trilogy from them, so yeah overall I'm happy with Amazon. Also what you could do is when you order something request that it be packed in a specific way, like the shrink wrapped method, so it arrives in mint condition. I'm sure they would help you out with it.

Back