Premium Format Conan the Barbarian: Rage of the Undying PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't believe them that that is a production sample. I don't rate Sideshow's integrity very highly based on the last few years. But hey, happy to be proved wrong .... if I receive the package and it looks like that thing, I'll be very happy.

Indeed. Seamless assembly, perfect paintjob, no gaps, chips or scratches at the gauntlets/removable hands. Would have to be quite a factory to pull it off. Let's see if in-hand experiences are like this.

I don't believe them that that is a production sample. I don't rate Sideshow's integrity very highly based on the last few years.

But hey, happy to be proved wrong .... if I receive the package and it looks like that thing, I'll be very happy.

You may choose to believe what you want. :) Hopefully once you have the piece in hand you will be happy.

-SideshowAlex

Honestly, the video was shot at a distance and under strong lights, even if that piece had flaws you could hardly point them out.

You guys are tough! :lol

Hey I'm looking forward to this piece. SS has delivered on every Conan offering afaic. :wink1:

You guys are tough! :lol

Hey I'm looking forward to this piece. SS has delivered on every Conan offering afaic. :wink1:

Agreed on this point, which is the only reason I'm committing to some SS pieces without waiting for in hand pics.
That is, this Conan PF since it was still 2013 when I preordered (lol) and the Space Jockey maquette since all the full figure Alien pieces have been pretty much spot on.

Conan's final product photos!!!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Why did they use the same turquoise paint color on the stones, the skulls, and the undead guys armor??? It wasn't like that in the proto was it?

Just checked and no, it wasn't like that in the proto...I still dig it though! ^^^

Why did they use the same turquoise paint color on the stones, the skulls, and the undead guys armor??? It wasn't like that in the proto was it?
Just checked and no, it wasn't like that in the proto...I still dig it though! ^^^

I actually think that looks great .... like its all covered in an ancient moss/mould that's formed over time.
Conan's paint job looks flatter than the prototype and SDCC shots but that is to be expected and if mine arrives at this quality, I'll be happy.

Where can I find these pics?
Also, any chance I can find them in higher res? They're so damn small.

By the way... it's missing the whole upper belt, or am I wrong? In the promo pics, his lower abs are covered by a thick belt. I can only see a generic belt in the production pics.

By the way... it's missing the whole upper belt, or am I wrong? In the promo pics, his lower abs are covered by a thick belt. I can only see a generic belt in the production pics.

There are so may belts, could they have just positioned the layers wrong?

Hard to say with the crappy quality pics we're getting, especially in the product page.
Here's a side by side picture (copy and paste the link to zoom), I would say that the upper belt is nowhere to be seen in the production piece. It's a very thick belt, with a V shape in the front and stitches on the borders. It should be right above the skulls of the lower belt, but it's in none of the production pics, replaced by a generic and barely visible slim black belt.

gmRASZQ.jpg

It reminds me a lot of the Arnold Conan PF double belt, hated that thing, it was impossible to place like in the proto pictures. Dunno, hopefully Alex will chime in about it, or I'll ask in the Ask section.
It's not about the scupt, i like the lower abs details, you can see the wrinkles and muscular definition, it's more about the choice and receiving what I've preordered. I might have decided to take off the belt myself to display him without it, once I had it in hand, but it should be included nontheless.

^^^ the production sample looks good!

I don't believe them that that is a production sample. I don't rate Sideshow's integrity very highly based on the last few years.
But hey, happy to be proved wrong .... if I receive the package and it looks like that thing, I'll be very happy.
You may choose to believe what you want. :) Hopefully once you have the piece in hand you will be happy.
-SideshowAlex

It's interesting that both belt looks appear in the video.

Hard to say with the crappy quality pics we're getting, especially in the product page.
Here's a side by side picture (copy and paste the link to zoom), I would say that the upper belt is nowhere to be seen in the production piece. It's a very thick belt, with a V shape in the front and stitches on the borders. It should be right above the skulls of the lower belt, but it's in none of the production pics, replaced by a generic and barely visible slim black belt.

View attachment 185532

Conan has a brown belt to hold the sword scabbard (and sword hilt if not displaying his sword in hand), another canvas colored one to hold the dagger/scabbard, tunic type bottom (best way to describe it) that has that V cut you're talking about that looks like a belt in picture left but is actually a part of the tunic skirt itself, and the spartan type looking skirt (best way to describe it) that is showing in the right side picture like a straight brown belt but that's actually part of the spartan looking piece of the costuming.

-SideshowAlex

Back