Conan reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This movie gets a C. Nothing offensive besides Rose McGowan, but nothing putting it over the top either. It's a cut above the Scorpion King, but has more balls. Everyone does a good job, even Mamoa but it just kind of left me empty. Like Sucker Punch (which I liked more). All flash but nothing to win me over, worth seeing for the tits alone. :lol

Needed more metal, although Gen. Quaritch did a good job, with what he had to work with.

Conan%20Barbn%20-%20Thulsa%20sword.jpg

I loved the first half of the movie, where Conan was kicking ass and taking names. Leo Howard as a young Conan was amazing. You already got a sense of how badass Conan was gonna be. Jason Momoa also did a great job as an adult Conan.

One of my favourite scenes was when
Spoiler Spoiler:

Unfortunately, the second half of the movie was a bit of a letdown. I thought Conan became a lot less badass.
Spoiler Spoiler:

If the second half of the movie had been as strong as the first half, this movie would've been a lot better. It was an enjoyable movie but it could've been better. Then again, it could've been a lot worse too.

I liked it well enough... Momoa did a decent job, however I just watched the ole' Arnold classic on blu-ray and it's still my fave of the Conan movies.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed this flick! Momoa absolutely nails it as Conan! Is this one as epic as the Arnold one...no, but as a kick ass action movie, it rocked! It's definitely closer to the REH Conan.

The 3d is a waste. 2d was way better. I liked it better with my second viewing also. The first showing, I expected a nice steak, but got a burger instead. The second time, I got the burger I was expecting and savored every bit of it.

Looking forward to this...

I grew up reading the Conan stories, loved them all...

I enjoy the Arnie Conan, but he ISNT the definitive Conan

Its thanks to the 1982 movie that most people expect Conan to be some muscle bound, relatively dim-witted character.

This sadly has become the expectation for anything Conan :(

If THIS film can completely go against that grain, and give us a Smart, furious fighter for Conan, then it's getting closer to the Conan i grew up reading about :)

It's more a reboot. I watched the Arnie one right before seeing this and I think the new one from acting, story and special effects wins hands down.

It has everything you'd want from a Conan movie - it's not the best thing ever, but nor is it stupid and pointless.

All of the above have it right.

Being a fan of the Comics, this was amazing. It felt like The current conan comics. The flow was right, the pacing was right. I'd like to see them make more, though with it's current numbers, i don't think it will.

I'd also like to say the old movie had far too much AH-nuld ass, and put me to sleep.

This film looks like a pile of crap.The only Marcus Nispel movie that is any good is the Friday the 13th remake.

:slap

It depends on what you like or not.
For me, for example, Friday 13th remake is crap, and all of the Friday 13th movies before are crap too. You see, it depends...

I actually like this one better than Arnold's. :thud:

I prefer Momoa than Governator too.

Don't get me wrong I liked the original but the acting was horrible. Arnold is huge but you could see in his action scenes that he is slow. Mamoa was fast, I could really believe that he could take on a group of armed men and slay them all.

One of the things we know about Conan is his skill at climbing. In the original Arnie is climbing that snake pillar with a rope where as in this one it actually seems like Mamoa has some great agility when fighting the group of dust demons and when climbing the mountain close to the end.

I grew up reading the Conan stories, loved them all...

I enjoy the Arnie Conan, but he ISNT the definitive Conan

Its thanks to the 1982 movie that most people expect Conan to be some muscle bound, relatively dim-witted character.

This sadly has become the expectation for anything Conan :(

If THIS film can completely go against that grain, and give us a Smart, furious fighter for Conan, then it's getting closer to the Conan i grew up reading about :)

:exactly::exactly:

One thing the new one wont beat is the excellent soundtrack by Basil Poledouris. That is one of the most epic and powerful soundtracks of all time.

One thing the new one wont beat is the excellent soundtrack by Basil Poledouris. That is one of the most epic and powerful soundtracks of all time.

Phil I can't agree more... I also liked Mako's voice narration at the beginning of the original.. I like Morgan Freeman but his narration lacked that raspy grizzled impact.

That being said I did enjoy the new version, and I do enjoy 3D too! It's all personal preference.

I really liked the movie. Shame its only made about 39,400,000. I think the thing that brought it down was it wasn't Arnie. That's a shame. I still can't get over Arnolds thick Austrian accent saying his lines in the original. He is the purist idea of the perfect Conan?:slap

Back