Conan reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On Games of Thrones he has very few speaking lines until the last 3 or 4 episodes of the season so his acting has to be conveyed via gestures and movement. I thought he was pretty good with just body language. Once he did open his mouth he didn't let you down. He was very convincing.

:exactly:

That alone is worth my 11.50 to see this. Just to reiterate the point many other have made, Game Of Thrones sold me on Jason Momoa.

Yeah, he was awesome in GoT to be honest just for nothing less than he looked like he would and could rip your head off. :lol

Anyone know if this was shot in 3D or post convert?

i might go see it tonight. mamoa (i think thats his name) has a very comic book conan look. and he was badass as drogo in GoT. if this movie wasn't R i wasn't gonna bother but it is so i will go see it.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWvMBcHCPZo&feature=feedu"]IGN Reviews - Conan the Barbarian Movie Review - YouTube[/ame]

IGN gives this movie a 3/5

clearly Ign has proven to me that they have no idea how to review movies.

they gave green lantern 2/5

There is no way this movie will come close to nothing this summer.

Saw it last night...
it's well done, some interesting creatures and concepts, good SFX, VERY LAME story... terrible "acting" ...
almost all the characters are VERY forgettable, non-relatable clichés... the ending makes no sense whatsoever...

Momoa did an OK job as Conan, but honestly, I'd rather watch the Clash of the Titans remake than this any time of the day...
AVOID the 3-D!!! It's as bad as Clash's...
My favorite character was Ron Perlman as Conan's dad, but still, felt a bit underdeveloped...

It is what it is, OK movie, but forgettable...

IGN Reviews - Conan the Barbarian Movie Review - YouTube

IGN gives this movie a 3/5

clearly Ign has proven to me that they have no idea how to review movies.

they gave green lantern 2/5

There is no way this movie will come close to nothing this summer.

Are you angry that it only got 3 stars? Because you know it deserves more than that?
Or you angry that it beat Green Lantern.
AS far as Green Lantern, it pretty much got the reviews it deserved. It's just not that great of a movie period, let alone comic book movie. Same goes for this movie. Just not great movie making. Average entertainment at best.

As far as two of the best movies of the summer, I hope many agree with me that X-men First Class was probably the best comic movie of the summer.
And Rise of the Apes is also one of the best, if not THE best movie this summer.

I don't know, the FX look a little iffy to me........

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o5dLHDyyYg&feature=share"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o5dLHDyyYg&feature=share[/ame]

Just came back from seeing it. Terrible movie and even worse acting. I've seen B movies that were better than this. Actually, it's weird that for a summer blockbuster, that they cast pretty much all B actors. The 2 main women acted terribly and Stephen Lang wasn't the greatest as the main bad guy either. And don't even get me started on the 3D. It sucked really bad. Worse movie of the summer so far by a mile IMO. The original Conan has nothing to worry about.

Had a blast watching this today. As far as action and graphics go it was pretty damn fun but acting was only alright which is what I expected. I will buy this on blu when it comes out and will enjoy watching it for nothing more than just the badass action it has.

Well some people love this movie and some people think it sucks. I guess I'll just have to wait for DVD or Netflix streaming.

Back