Conan reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a blast watching this today. As far as action and graphics go it was pretty damn fun but acting was only alright which is what I expected. I will buy this on blu when it comes out and will enjoy watching it for nothing more than just the badass action it has.
I agree with you. I enjoyed the movie. What I thought of it below.
Spoiler Spoiler:

ETA I think it would be great if HT would pick the license up. I would buy all the main characters.

I'd agree with much of that. Its one of those movies if you don't take seriously you're gonna dig it.

Looking forward to this...

I grew up reading the Conan stories, loved them all...

I enjoy the Arnie Conan, but he ISNT the definitive Conan

Its thanks to the 1982 movie that most people expect Conan to be some muscle bound, relatively dim-witted character.

This sadly has become the expectation for anything Conan :(

If THIS film can completely go against that grain, and give us a Smart, furious fighter for Conan, then it's getting closer to the Conan i grew up reading about :)

The original CTB is in my top 5 favorite movies of all time and I thought the new flick kicked ass. I liked it. Thought it was well done and played like reading one of the Conan novels. It was nice to see Conan born on the battlefield and grow up gaining skill and not spend 20 years chained to a wheel as a slave which Conan would.not.have.done. Mamoa did a great job as Barbarian and I hope we will see more movies.

And hoodonit00

Spoiler Spoiler:

I heard from many that Mamoa makes an awesome Conan :rock

I also heard from many that it's a really bad movie :lol

I will need to investigate for myself :lecture

Milius's CTB is also in my top 10 movies of all time.

The original CTB is in my top 5 favorite movies of all time and I thought the new flick kicked ass. I liked it. Thought it was well done and played like reading one of the Conan novels. It was nice to see Conan born on the battlefield and grow up gaining skill and not spend 20 years chained to a wheel as a slave which Conan would.not.have.done. Mamoa did a great job as Barbarian and I hope we will see more movies.

And hoodonit00

Spoiler Spoiler:
Thanks, I do remember that now. Maybe I need to pay closer attention.:monkey3

I heard from many that Mamoa makes an awesome Conan :rock

I also heard from many that it's a really bad movie :lol

I will need to investigate for myself :lecture

Milius's CTB is also in my top 10 movies of all time.
See it for yourself. If you go in not expecting some Oscar winning performance you'll enjoy it. If you're one of those who think Arnie was the bestest barbarian ever then skip it.

Yeah, its worth a trip. As I told someone already if you like action, violence, naked chicks, and good graphics you're gonna love this movie.

Wow! Looks like Conan only made 10mil this weekend. Thats pretty bad for a 90mil film. Good for them, sick of these dumb remakes. There was no reason to remake this film.

Wow, 10 million, 4th place.

Ummm, ouch.

Look on the bright side though, at least it will be out on DVD next week :lol

All kidding aside, I hope Mamoa gets another shot, doubt it though.

I've been a Conan comics fan since I was child and much before I watched Arnold's movies so I was quite excited to see this movie.
Not a bad action movie and I think MOmoa is Ok as the Barbarian but I expected much more about the script. Why didn't they just adapt a Robert Erwin Howard tale? Is this so difficult?

Wow! Looks like Conan only made 10mil this weekend. Thats pretty bad for a 90mil film. Good for them, sick of these dumb remakes. There was no reason to remake this film.

I'm sick of reading that this is a remake. This is not a remake. Millius didn't invented Conan, Robert E. Howard did so this is a diferent movie based on Howard's books and/or Conan comics.

Is Batman Dark Knight a remake of Tim Burton's Batman? No, because Burton is not the creator of Batman. Is Captain America: The First Avenger a remake of Captain America 1990's movie? or Spiderman a remake of the Spiderman movie of 1977? Of course not because all this characters were already created.

Let the right one in, Vanilla Sky, Funny Games, Cape Fear, The Eye, The Ring, A Perfect Murder, these are remakes

Anyway, I'll be happy if they make as much Conan movies as they can because he is one of my favourite characters and maybe one of that movies will become as good as the character deserves.

Doesn't this have some aspects of a remake? I mean in the books his family and tribe weren't killed by a warlord and Conan seeks revenge on those that did it. That's original to the 1982 film and was used again in this one. That, however, may be their only similarities.

It's more a reboot. I watched the Arnie one right before seeing this and I think the new one from acting, story and special effects wins hands down.

It has everything you'd want from a Conan movie - it's not the best thing ever, but nor is it stupid and pointless.

It's more a reboot. I watched the Arnie one right before seeing this and I think the new one from acting, story and special effects wins hands down.

It has everything you'd want from a Conan movie - it's not the best thing ever, but nor is it stupid and pointless.

:goodpost::exactly:

Agreed 100%. Don't get me wrong I liked the original but the acting was horrible. Arnold is huge but you could see in his action scenes that he is slow. Mamoa was fast, I could really believe that he could take on a group of armed men and slay them all.

One of the things we know about Conan is his skill at climbing. In the original Arnie is climbing that snake pillar with a rope where as in this one it actually seems like Mamoa has some great agility when fighting the group of dust demons and when climbing the mountain close to the end.

It will probably be a box office dud because of the type of movie it is. It's a shame because it's a pretty enjoyable movie. I won't pay to see it in the theater again but I can't wait till it's released on DVD so I can see it again.

The best thing about Arnold is he can't act. I loved the original. I'll wait for Bluray to see this. But I had no interest. If it wasn't a remake they should of scrambled the title. But I doubt anymore Conan's will come. 10mil is bad.

I really enjoyed the first half hour but the rest was blah!

Did anyone else feel like the film felt small. I mean first half hour or so was filled with people and characters. Then the film just seemed to have no more then four people in a room or a city at a time. Just made the world of Conan feel small and the film feel low budget.

Oh well. I did really enjoy Fright Night.

When I see a movie I try to just have a good time and enjoy it. I'm not one of those snobs who studies every detail and expect some artsy fartsy Academy Award winner.

Back