Conan (Arnold) w/ Diorama base

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was at a craft store called Hobby Lobby, which is a chain here in the US. Not sure if they are overseas at all.

I had initially bought some light-colored, long sort of shaggy fur because it was fairly cheap. I had to trim a lot of it though, and while it worked well enough for the boots I thought it just didn't look right for the waist.

So I went back and bought a pelt of rabbit fur, which was more expensive (which is why I hadn't bought it the first time), but in the end worth it as it was really the only way to go. I'm not sure if it was real rabbit fur or synthetic.

It was easier to trim, though sort of tricky to get on right with the belt. In the end, I had to poke a couple holes on each side and run some flexible black string through it so I could tie it in the back. Then it was easier to slip the belt over it. If not, it was hard to get the fur to lie exactly like I wanted it to with the belt. A bit of the white hide does show through at the very top. I'm considering coloring it in maybe just so it is less noticeable.

On the boots though, I used the same flexible black string (sort of small bungee string) and criss-crossed it over the fur to get the effect. I think it worked well. And having two types of fur on the body I think it good, gives it a sort of hodgepodge look that an ancient warrior would have grabbed what he could.

Anyway, hope any of that helps.

Back