Conan (Arnold) w/ Diorama base

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texlander

Super Freak
Reaction score
So here's my Conan finally (mostly) finished.

The sculpt was purchased and then painted by me, so please forgive my painting skills. The sculpt was a modified HT Terminator one I believe. The body is the new Kaustik Heroik. It's not bad, but I'll likely upgrade it at some point. The sword is a Marto letter opener I bought.

For the boots, I added the fur lining and cord wrap to a pair of Highlander Origins boots. The pants were Viking I believe. The belt is from a Kaustik gladiator, with the fur underlining bought and cut by me. Last, the leather vambraces were custom made by me.

As for the base, I was inspired by a really amazing Conan base I saw here. I found 2 13" columns at a hobby store used as party favors and glued them between two pieces of pre-beveled wood. Then I shot the whole thing with a textured stone spray paint. I drilled holes at the top insides and used a wooden dowel for the flag beam. I weathered a piece of cloth, then printed and ironed on the logo. Then I drilled out a hole to place the stand upright into, and painted that white to blend into the background. As you can see, it's removable.

Overall I'm very happy with how it came out, as I've wanted a Conan for a long, long time and been very jealous of some of the awe-inspiring customs I've seen on the boards.

I hope you like it too.

Last edited:
Re: Conan(Arnold) w/ Diorama base

Thanks, guys!

I'm glad you liked it. It was actually quite fun to put together.

Did you modify the Arnold sculpt, or did it come that way?

Either way it looks great; and the overall figure is very impressive :rock

I'd buy that if I were more of a Conan fan, very well done.

Did you modify the Arnold sculpt, or did it come that way?

Either way it looks great; and the overall figure is very impressive :rock

No, I didn't have to modify the sculpt at all. The neckhole was already predrilled and slipped right onto the Kaustik post no problem. The hair prevents a fair amount of movement, but it fits really well overall.

Great work i love your clothing and how you did his hair!

Thanks! I can't take credit for the style of the hair, the sculptor who modified the original sculpt did that. But I did try to match the color to the first movie.

Thanks everyone! I'm really happy you all liked it.

Thanks, guys.

I bought the sculpt from a board member who I think had it commissioned. Not sure if they are selling more though.

Thanks, Queromarvel.

I don't have any real specific plans at the moment for updates. I may use a Hot Toys Terminator body at some point instead of the kaustik one, but that's down the ways a bit. I might spruce up the vambraces at some point too, but for now I don't have anything on the horizon.

But if you have any questions while making yours I'll be happy to try and answer.

Mine is being made by a friend, who has the skills to customize... at least more than I do... kkkkkkk

The toughest to get so far is the fur on his legs and waist, we simply don't find any good material to use... where did you find yours?

Back