Computerfly's custom Spidey PF..errr Comiquette :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
though i'm sure this will look great when it's done, i'm not 100% sold on it since i really did like the original w/spandex.
congrats to those who are fortunate enough to be getting one done.

com'on ssc now that carnage has been announced when is spidey coming?? will we have to wait till sdcc:monkey2

dont you have all the pfs? I had the negative zone, pretty much traded him for pumpkinhead maquette, just bought the classic version pf, I would really like to have a SS Spiderman pf/comi of every spidey suit :sick I know it will be awhile, but I would love a Scarlet Spidey in either format.

dont you have all the pfs? I had the negative zone, pretty much traded him for pumpkinhead maquette, just bought the classic version pf, I would really like to have a SS Spiderman pf/comi of every spidey suit :sick I know it will be awhile, but I would love a Scarlet Spidey in either format.

i'm sure it'll happen in one form or another, though like you said it'll take awhile.

From the rumors that I've heard about the pose, this custom/the PF sound like they'd be a better standalone statue, while the comiquette would likely go better in the set.

From the rumors that I've heard about the pose, this custom/the PF sound like they'd be a better standalone statue, while the comiquette would likely go better in the set.

I saw a pic of the pf and Venom facing each other, they looked great together, so I think the pf works just as good if ppl dont like the comi

I saw a pic of the pf and Venom facing each other, they looked great together, so I think the pf works just as good if ppl dont like the comi

I can't wait to see Steve's PF conversion with a Venom...

Aaah yes. Wouldn't that be great! A Scarlet Spider in PF. The hoody would look great! :banana

It's actually so much more....neck, lmao!! I like the piece, but the Spidey Bronze is the most haphazard scaled sculpture I have ever seen produced by a major manufacturer of comic statues.

SpideyNeck.jpg

Maybe you should mock Steve Ditko...ya know...the original artist on Spider-Man? It's his art that inspired this statue.

Maybe you should mock Steve Ditko...ya know...the original artist on Spider-Man? It's his art that inspired this statue.

You completely missed the point of what he was saying, didn't you?

Maybe if you released your death grip from Bowen's balls for a minute and took a second to read ALL of the posts, you'd get it. Until then, continue creating new picture threads for no other reason than you being an attention whore.

Al, I suggest you take a look through the first 38 issues of ASM again. I just did, and I don't seem to recall Ditko drawing Spidey with a neck that was longer in dimension than his head. And if you did happen to find an image like that, I could show you 100 Ditko images that aren't.

You know Al, what you don't seem to realize is, you do more to hurt Bowen Designs than you do to help. In your mind, you think you're helping, but all you've done in all your years of Bowen-nosing, is to create animosity toward Bowen Designs.

There is a reason you were banned so many times from Statue Forum, and it didn't have anything to do with members not liking Bowen's products. If I had to venture, I would say the reason so many negative things were (and are) said about Bowen's products is that they were (and are) more to spite you and less to do with anything about Bowen's products. The more you push in one direction, the more everyone else goes in the other..

I'm a big fan of Randy's work. He knows it. Most people know it. YOU know it. Get off your high horse.

If you'd like to discuss further, feel free to PM me, but don't bother responding in this thread.

Last edited:
It's actually so much more....neck, lmao!! I like the piece, but the Spidey Bronze is the most haphazard scaled sculpture I have ever seen produced by a major manufacturer of comic statues.

SpideyNeck.jpg

Its obviously an alternate reality sculpt. The classic "What if...." tale:

"what if Spiderman were bitten by a radioactive giraffe instead of a spider" :huh

Al, I suggest you take a look through the first 38 issues of ASM again. I just did, and I don't seem to recall Ditko drawing Spidey with a neck that was longer in dimension than his head. And if you did happen to find an image like that, I could show you 100 Ditko images that aren't.

You know Al, what you don't seem to realize is, you do more to hurt Bowen Designs than you do to help. In your mind, you think you're helping, but all you've done in all your years of Bowen-nosing, is to create animosity toward Bowen Designs.

There is a reason you were banned so many times from Statue Forum, and it didn't have anything to do with members not liking Bowen's products. If I had to venture, I would say the reason so many negative things were (and are) said about Bowen's products is that they were (and are) more to spite you and less to do with anything about Bowen's products. The more you push in one direction, the more everyone else goes in the other..

I'm a big fan of Randy's work. He knows it. Most people know it. YOU know it. Get off your high horse.

If you'd like to discuss further, feel free to PM me, but don't bother responding in this thread.

that was a great answer.And unfortunately,all very true.

SpideyNeck.jpg
[/QUOTE]

1e74f7.jpg

I just took a quick flip through my Lee/Ditko omnibus, and it looks like that is THE pic the bronze was based off of. Based on the art, there is no reason for the statue proportions to be so wonky IMO.

Back