Completist test: Would you buy a 1/4 Scale Premium Jar Jar?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am guessing all these guys who would get a Jar Jar are under the age of 25.. No respectable, true, from the start, original trilogy, loyal star wars fan would ever want a Jar Jar anything. And on top, shun the good Ewok name..sure they were a bit a little ridiculous, but from an original fan who was about 8 when Jedi came out, they were cool..and will always be welcome in my collection...Jar Jar though....well Dan Deacon said it best "not now, not never"

I am guessing all these guys who would get a Jar Jar are under the age of 25.. No respectable, true, from the start, original trilogy, loyal star wars fan would ever want a Jar Jar anything. And on top, shun the good Ewok name..sure they were a bit a little ridiculous, but from an original fan who was about 8 when Jedi came out, they were cool..and will always be welcome in my collection...Jar Jar though....well Dan Deacon said it best "not now, not never"

Ewoks

were

never

cool.

:D

But then, maybe that's cause I was older than 8 when Jedi came out... At 9 teddy bears lack a cool factor.

8 when ROTJ came out? That means you were 5 when TESB came out, and 2 when ANH came out. Sorry pal, your age alone excludes you from the original Star Wars Generation...

For what it is worth, I past 25 over a decade ago, and I'd still get a Jar Jar PF if SSC made it.

Ewoks

were

never

cool.

:D

But then, maybe that's cause I was older than 8 when Jedi came out... At 9 teddy bears lack a cool factor.

Well..ok..the terminology was off..in the movie..they were not "cool" but the toys were..they were hard to get..which i guess in my mind made them cool. Dude they had a whole ewok village playset. Dinobots were hard to get too when they came out..those mothers were cool.

8 when ROTJ came out? That means you were 5 when TESB came out, and 2 when ANH came out. Sorry pal, your age alone excludes you from the original Star Wars Generation...

For what it is worth, I past 25 over a decade ago, and I'd still get a Jar Jar PF if SSC made it.

I am 33..i am definately in the Original generation...i was in the trenches...playing with the toys when it was still acceptable to be playing with toys. And as for the Jar Jar...it makes sense..you are Canadian.. lol

Things like the Tusken Raider and cow-eyed Leia broke me from being a completist. This would be just as easy a pass as the "almost" Dooku PF.

I hate when people say ____ like this....so stupid. :banghead

Jar Jar sucks, but thats another matter.

I hate when people say ____ like this....so stupid. :banghead

Jar Jar sucks, but thats another matter.

Well it was said to be sarcastic..i guess you didnt pick up on that..
I enjoyed the prequels..and I didnt enjoy them...but I took them for what they were. Like the original, it was geared for a wide audience, added in some stuff for kids (AKA EWOKS). Lucas was a young man at the time, when the prequel was released...he had kids of his own, and I think the general direction went a bit more childish in the movies...which me not being a child anymore, at least in age, I did sort of was put off by alot of the Jar Jar idiocy and some of the droid stuff this time around

I am 33..i am definately in the Original generation...i was in the trenches...playing with the toys when it was still acceptable to be playing with toys. And as for the Jar Jar...it makes sense..you are Canadian.. lol

... yes. I'm Canadian, and I don't hold onto my own childhood preferences as if they are some law that everyone else should abide by.

I tell you this, if you didn't see ANH in the theaters before it was called A New Hope then you can't say you were there from the start. Simple as that.

Well it was said to be sarcastic..i guess you didnt pick up on that..
I enjoyed the prequels..and I didnt enjoy them...but I took them for what they were. Like the original, it was geared for a wide audience, added in some stuff for kids (AKA EWOKS). Lucas was a young man at the time, when the prequel was released...he had kids of his own, and I think the general direction went a bit more childish in the movies...which me not being a child anymore, at least in age, I did sort of was put off by alot of the Jar Jar idiocy and some of the droid stuff this time around

Yes, but any adult with an average or above IQ, who isn't a close-minded, failed, OT Elitist (they have no argument), could just as easily have ignored Jar Jar and enjoyed the other aspects of the movie and it looks like they did, repeatedly, when you look at how much that film grossed. It's only afterward that many started down the path to horse blindered elitism.

The Tusken Raider is an awesome PF! One of my favourites.

Not saying there's anything wrong with him. He looks awesome. I just found him to be "ho-hum" at the PF price.

The Tusken Raider is an awesome PF! One of my favourites.

Yes I agree, the Tusken is impressive! that said I do hope Sideshow will produce other Tatooine inhabitants like the Jawas in PF with light up eyes... like a Premium format diorama with 2 or 3 Jawas and as a base sand of course with parts of junks and droids...

Jawas would be great. They should do a PF dio like this:

jf050u.jpg

I'm not a completist, far from it, and I'd gladly buy a Jar Jar! Bring him on! He is one of my most wanted! I be happy as long as a high quality Jar Jar piece get released in either a PF, diorama or mini-bust form. I like his character. And despite what others have said about him he has a GREAT design and look to him. I don't think I've ever heard about anyone complaining about his look or realism, just his character. I think he'd make a AWESOME edition to my, and one else, PF collection!

There's a LOT of detail on JarJar. Would look incredible on a Sideshow collectible.

Worst necropost ever, complete fail.

From beyond the dead all right... :lol

I will get Jar Jar in an instant if he is in 1/6.

Yup. I'd get one. The character's design is great.

I'd go for a sixth-scale one...definitely. Especially if an EpOne version of Obi-Wan is on he way...I'd appreciate having a high-quality Jar Jar figure to display with Kenobi and Qui-Gon.

And yes...love or hate the character...the design is interesting, visually.
I'd spend on getting this before I'd plop down any coin on those forthcoming HT blue emaciated,Gollumized cat-people that everyone's wanting these days...:lol

Jar Jar would make a pretty decent 1/4 statue IMO.

OK, he's not my cop of tea, but he is a bit of cinimatic history.

Back