Community

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing that's weird about the renewal is that it happened so quickly. For a show that was in such "trouble" for such a long time, it's just so out of left field that it was renewed the day after a poorly received finale of a less than stellar season.

I was expecting a month or two of speculation and the TV rags reporting daily of which side of the bubble the show was currently on. I think it actually would've been smarter for NBC to drag it out and make the fans rabid for it, and build some hype

The most obvious answer is that most of the "trouble" of this show stemmed from Dan Harmon and Chevy Chase, and now that both of them are gone, NBC sees this show as an easy greenlight.

I think it's returning because NBC doesn't have anything else to replace it... even more so with The Office being done. NBC is at the bottom of the ratings ladder and doesn't know what to do. And if they cancel Hannibal... :mad:

Anyway, I'm glad Community will be back.

Okay, you got me there.

I guess it's better than more reality shows.

Season 4 overall impressions:

The tone felt a bit different, and certain aspects weren't as sharp. It veered into "Studio audience: say 'awwwww' now!" territory occasionally.

That said, it's still a damn good show, and better than almost any other comedy on network TV.

Also - evil Annie can GET. IT.

Season 4 overall impressions:

The tone felt a bit different, and certain aspects weren't as sharp. It veered into "Studio audience: say 'awwwww' now!" territory occasionally.

That said, it's still a damn good show, and better than almost any other comedy on network TV.

Also - evil Annie can GET. IT.

YES! YES! YES! YES! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

Overall, I thought this season was a bit of a flop. The entire build up of "Kevin Chang" never really had a good pay off, and there was no clear explanation as to why he was working with the dean of City College.

The single best episode of the season was the "Sophie B Hawkins Dance".

YES! YES! YES! YES! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

I'm sure besides the two of us, there were a million or so others feeling the same way. :lol

Overall, I thought this season was a bit of a flop. The entire build up of "Kevin Chang" never really had a good pay off, and there was no clear explanation as to why he was working with the dean of City College.

Honestly, I think the writers finally up and thought, "This storyline is terrible," and just tried to end it as quickly as possible. And if that was the case, bravo to them.

I love Donald, but he's hardly integral to the show. Smart move imo to jump off that ship.

I hadn't heard that! Too bad. Although with all the drama that's been going on about the show, I can't say I blame him. This last season was very bland without Harmon, but I don't know how Harmon can get the show back on track either. It was already faltering a bit before he left. I'll be watching the new season, but I can foresee myself losing interest before the season ends.

I do like Glover and liked his Mystery Team movie he did. He has an impressive resume outside of Community. So I think he'll be ok.

That's awesome. Honestly, though, I miss Chevy already. That's the main reason I started watching the show to begin with.

I hope they at least address his character as it definitely will feel odd without him. It will feel even more odd when Donald Glover departs I reckon.

Back