Common problems with SSW statues & busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've returned two Newborns so far with the third
on its way from SS. The first had the Uruk on the
base with cracks on the body and arms...looked
like from the cooling process. The second the Uruk
standing up had surface scratches on both knees,
arm, under the chin and left ear unpainted.

Josh - that guy over at LOTRGuide was me! I got Gimli off ebay a while ago and looked at him and thought something wasnt right - the ponytail!! I looked frantically for it and it was wrapped in a piece of kitchen tissue. I'd say it's detachable cos it has a bit of metal sticking out where you place it into the back of his head.

Also I think it was Mrichards who posted pics of the headless Haradhrim? I've tried that and I can't get the bloody thing off!

Droopy Balrog Tail

I have noticed that not many of the original Balrogs now appear on ebay, I am lucky enough to own one and in my research to do so I noticed that they can suffer from droopy tail.
I will explain:
If you look at the pictures on sideshow the tail is held proud above the base, if you check some of the ones that have previously beeen sold on ebay the tail droops and touches the base, I believe that because it is such a heavy piece the tail naturally succumbs to gravity if displayed and not supported.
One to look out for if considering the BIG PURCHASE !

3rd Newborn problem

Well definitely the hardest statue to get a good
statue of. This is the 3rd Newborn that I will have
to return...this one the right ear tip is broken off
the standing Uruk. On previous posts the Uruk laying
down on the base had surface cracks. The second one
had scratches on the standing Uruk. Jon at Sideshow
has been very responsive just haven't got a keeper
yet.

Re: 3rd Newborn problem

Have to agree with achteel - the SDCC Smeagol bust isn't "very well balanced" - it seems to want to fall forwards, haven't done it yet, but everytime someone come near...

Don't know if it's a common problem but a recived a Catapult troll maquette without a edition number:horror

SS asked me to smash the one and the'll sent me another one... with a lower edition number:cool:

My Bilbo has a flat nose which seems to be a casting problem. Any others have this problem?

And my Pippin statue doesn't fit the base. While his right foot stands in place, his left foot doesn't have the peg completely inside the hole so it hovers a bit above the base. Any ideas how to fix this?
I know I should have returned it, but was pre-occupied with other things at the time it was shipped, so the package had been lying there for too long until I removed it from the box.

wow, that sure is some tough bristles on the duster you used! i never would have imagined dusting would ever result in breaking any lotr statue.

thamesvalidude said:
:doh my Arwen's flower stem snapped while I was dusting it :slap :duh :doh

Can't say I wasn't warned! :doh

:banghead

Well don't feel so bad, it could be worse. You could have snapped it and lost it. That's what happened to me. :horror :(

Battletroll said:
And my Pippin statue doesn't fit the base. While his right foot stands in place, his left foot doesn't have the peg completely inside the hole so it hovers a bit above the base. Any ideas how to fix this?
I know I should have returned it, but was pre-occupied with other things at the time it was shipped, so the package had been lying there for too long until I removed it from the box.

Ive got the same probelem with my PJ figure. I bought my P Jackson last December 06 but never got the chance to open it until the other day... the figure doens't fit the base....pls i need help anyone?

Helm's Deep: Very grey in appearance. Apparently Sidehsow has released an official communique following the many questions and complaints.

I noticed that too, not similar at all to the prototype on the box. What communique was released after the complaints?

Great Topic only had the problem with Saruman's Cracked finger as you mentioned
One that you don't have is on the Numenorean Infantry Bust (which on mine) seems to have one of the raised parts of his Helmet bent inwards more rather than it being parallel to each other, I would fix it but feel if I do I will snap it off

One that you don't have is on the Numenorean Infantry Bust (which on mine) seems to have one of the raised parts of his Helmet bent inwards more rather than it being parallel to each other, I would fix it but feel if I do I will snap it off

I would leave it alone and just consider it "battle damage"... ;)

This thread should be used concerning all the SideShow products, not just the Weta products. Heck, they don't even produce products with Weta anymore.

my problems :

galadriel ; fingers are cracked

golden hall ; tips on each side of the roof is bent , cracked.

of course what do you guys expect, its Weta...

On a Sidesnote, whats with all the necroposting today...:confused::sick

Back