Comic Con MARVEL Predictions ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Merchandising is a form of advertisement.

More people like a movie the more they seek to acquire collectibles from that film property irrespective if it is comic or film based.

The amount of avengers products on retailer shelf is not a mistake.

Theres a direct quote from an exec at Marvel that directly states "why devote the same effort into a property that generates only 10% margin - when that same amount of effort can go towards a project that generates 100%'

Im paraphrasing

But the Spiderman license is more of a collaboration between the studios which is postively correlated to the level of "advertisement" spiderman gets

Whereas the same is not the same for Xmen

Or what lets not forget Daredevil Silver Surfer Fantastic Four Punisher Blade Ghost Rider prior to their return to Marvel

Ur telling me Starlord is more relevant than Silver Surfer?

Please.

Just to point out i think eventually A favorable settlement will be made between fox and marvel in regards to the xmen franchise. Its mutually beneficial for both imo

But thats just my opinion

And btw those listings are for avenger related Wolverine products not xmen.

Daredevil action figure on retailers shelves after a 10 year hiatus?

Care to explain why Marvel would omit all Fantastic Four character art in their studios?

If those movies bomb which i can infer is something that Marvel wants - those film rights return to Marvel

And u can bet we would see far more f4 merchandise

Wish lists are cool and all but it doesn't even matter what we want to see, we're going to see or not see all that we've already been given clues about or straight up told about so far.

Rulk's list is realistic for DC...we'll probably see what we already know about (Batman, Catwoman, Joker, DS), what's been told is coming (Aquaman, Lex) and maybe a surprise or two. I doubt Robin or Two Face but I'd love to see those two because they're on my "Wanted" list.

Aside from Spider-Man, Marvel merchandise is very unknown right now. It's doubtful (but not impossible) we'll see Age of Ultron stuff, aside from Iron Man armors SS is moving away from Marvel movie stuff. It was specifically said on the other forum the focus for now is comic PFs. Based on the past few years I'd expect a surprise or 2 on the Marvel side. Igo also said on the other forum the first villain in the Spider-Man line is being worked on...who knows if it'll be ready to show at CC, it'd be nice, though.

Yeah ... DC is gonna have

Batman Modern Age
Classic Catwoman
Lex Luthor
Darkseid
Aquaman
Arkham Joker and probably Arkham Batman
Im guessing Robin or TwoFace

Nothing from Marvel has been announced besides SpiderMan

I hope we dont have Age of Ultron PFs and no other comic versions. Thatd be straight up ********

We don't all collect comic characters ;)

I think Destroyous' comment was specifically that Iron Man in particular is ALWAYS a movie version. It's been a long time since there's been a comic book Iron Man yet there's always a movie version. With the Modern Iron Man Comiquette being so small for supposedly 1/4 scale, there's a lot of room for a new Iron Man PF in one of his Modern Armors. That's why people keep requesting it.

There was an Extremist Iron Man PF preview a while ago but it was confirmed that project was scrapped.

I doubt we will see much of anything X related as Marvel doesn't own the X-Men. I like every X statue you have listed and would also like to add Havok in his classic Black costume with masked and unmasked porttraits.

This was corrected, but Marvel very much indeed owns the X-Men, just not the movie rights to them.

SSAlex specifically said on the other forum new X-Men are coming but are likely at least a year away.

When questioned about the Marvel/Fox issues affecting SS's ability to make X-Men products, she said it's not affecting them as far as she knows since it's a fact that SS is actively working on more X-Men.

We know it's affected XM to a degree as they had to put a hold on their Brown Wolverine, Deadpool, and nonsensically Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, but at the same time they're continuing on Cable... Speaking of Cable, since somebody mentioned SS's Cable, I asked about it on the other forum a while ago. People swore me down that preview wasn't Cable. Igo responded to me and said I was right, it was Cable, but that PF was put on hiatus.

According to a Sideshow rep more XMEN are on the horizon with Wolverine being a definite PF

Exactly. SSAlex confirmed. But don't expect to see anything this year according to her prediction...still would be nice if they went back on that and showed us a surprise.

I'm still hoping for a Byrne inspired X-MEN line of PFs some day. It'd be beyond awesome to see the X-MEN I grew up reading as PFs.

This. I don't think you'll get a dedicated "line" but hopefully here and there we'll get what we're looking for. I didn't grown up with this team, I grew up with the 90s Animated Series, but I have read and love the Byrne era. Dark Phoenix Saga is my favorite story. So far I'll have SS Wolverine PF, Storm PF and XM Phoenix as my Byrne line up. It'd be nice to get at least Nightcrawler...Banshee from that era would be a dream come true.

Last edited:
And btw those listings are for avenger related Wolverine products not xmen.

Daredevil action figure on retailers shelves after a 10 year hiatus?

Care to explain why Marvel would omit all Fantastic Four character art in their studios?

If those movies bomb which i can infer is something that Marvel wants - those film rights return to Marvel

And u can bet we would see far more f4 merchandise

If the movie bombs the films don't return. Not how it works. They only return if other films are not made in set period of time.

And no, those are not "avengers" wolverine items. They are wolverine items. A brown costume wolverine or patch, or classic yellow...or even a cover of hulk 181 the first appearance of wolverine have zero to do with avengers.

Yes, if there is a current movie and if interest is higher and if marvel has a larger cut of the profits of the product they may make more. But that does not mean that they can not make anything now. Which is how your intial post was worded and what I have been saying.

Your paraphrase comment also applies only to film tie in not other items.

I'm not sure what your "merch is advertising" has to do with anything.

And ghost rider and blade and All the others you mentioned have not had a ten year absence. Nor a huge change even when rights reverted back. They just are not that popular. I'm not talking to comic readers. But mass market.

And yes, as of today star lord is infinitely more popular then silver surfer. Your average person does not even know who SIlver Surfer is. But a lot know who Chris Pratt is, and who star lord is.

Im sorry i didnt get past the first sentence. You've ruined this thread and what uve said is false. Theres no sense in 'debating' since you side step the issue

If it looked good AND came with Lockheed I'd be down.

And none of that "Thor Frog" or "Dawg" business, Kitty should come PACKAGED with Lockheed.

But I'd MUCH prefer 90s Jubilee, though. Blame the era I grew up in...Jubilee was a much larger part of the X-Men then. And since the X-Men PFs on X Base are the 90s line up, Jubilee and Beast are the only Blue Team members without a PF so a Jubilee PF makes sense. Kitty wasn't even in the cartoon, lol. My introduction to her was her kidnapping in the arcade game...nonsensical, since she could've just phased through her constraints. Lol.

Jubilee. I'd be all in.

I think everything will be movie based. The ones that won't be we are already aware of.

X-Men: Jubilee, Kitty Pryde, another Gambit and Rogue, 90's Storm, Magneto, Juggernaut, another non-cracking Psylocke, Archangel, Nightcrawler, Wolverine (probably one that doesn't sell top well like Black Widow and then SS is forced to make a variant to sell the rest a la Black widow again, with a brown suit! :rock)

Fantastic Four: Sue Storm, and Johnny wouldn't hurt. (Comic)

Spider-Man: spidey with various versions of suits like Scarlet Spider, Iron Spider, 2099, superior, big time, clone hunter, symbiote. Also Spider Gwen, Spider girl, Spider woman, Anya Corazon, Ashley Barton, and Silk. Villains like Gobby, Sandman, Rhino, Scorpion, or Mysterio. And would die for another Black Cat.

Avengers: Comic Iron Man, Rescue, comic War Machine, Ms. Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Ant Man.

Guardians: Gamora and Drax.

Inhumans: Black Bolt and Medusa.

S.H.I.E.L.D.: Maria Hill and Hawkeye.

That's about it....

Oh, no, no, no. Jubs>Hello Kitty

You're getting awfully close to being booted out of the Three Amigos. :mad: :wink1: :lol

X-Men: Jubilee, Kitty Pryde, another Gambit and Rogue, 90's Storm, Magneto, Juggernaut, another non-cracking Psylocke, Archangel, Nightcrawler, Wolverine (probably one that doesn't sell top well like Black Widow and then SS is forced to make a variant to sell the rest a la Black widow again, with a brown suit! :rock)

Spider-Man: spidey with various versions of suits like Scarlet Spider, Iron Spider, 2099, superior, big time, clone hunter, symbiote. Also Spider Gwen, Spider girl, Spider woman, Anya Corazon, Ashley Barton, and Silk. Villains like Gobby, Sandman, Rhino, Scorpion, or Mysterio. And would die for another Black Cat.

:rock :rock :rock

My order is secure with Gwen and can not be canceled. If I get the boot from the club, then so be it, but Spider-Gwen is staying. That is non-refundable!!!! :lol

Back