Predictions for New Figures at Comic-Con 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best announcements are the ones that come out of left field.

Nothing that can be predicted is especially exciting.

Especially now we have experienced (a few times) prototypes presented at the show that don't even end up being made.

A 1/4 scale set of Batman Returns consisting in Batman himself, Catwoman and Penguin!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Naw, just more useless marvel ****.

My dream announcement? New sixth scale Buffy/Angel figures. If somebody makes it happen, I'm all in.

The best announcements are the ones that come out of left field.

Nothing that can be predicted is especially exciting.

Especially now we have experienced (a few times) prototypes presented at the show that don't even end up being made.

I agree. On a side note it would be awesome if they did a "not going to release" announcement.
Like "we are not releasing any iron man figures for the next year to focus on other lines" LOL
In my dreams, :rotfl

A 1/4 scale set of Batman Returns consisting in Batman himself, Catwoman and Penguin!

A 1/4 scale HT Keaton Bats (either movie) would be badass; a display with him, Catwoman, and Penguin (maybe a Nicholson Joker too?) would be amazing.

It would be sick if Prime1 delved into the Burtonverse, but there's no way I could afford them all. :lol

:lol

Yup. **** Hot Toys.

Anyway, last time I'll make this prediction...more like a desperate plea...NECA T2 John Connor. If he doesn't happen this year when the movie will be back in cinemas then I dunno when tha **** he'd ever happen.

A 1/4 scale HT Keaton Bats (either movie) would be badass; a display with him, Catwoman, and Penguin (maybe a Nicholson Joker too?) would be amazing.

It would be sick if Prime1 delved into the Burtonverse, but there's no way I could afford them all. :lol

Prime1 showed a teaser of 1989's Batman.

Whatever it is, I hope it's good because I'll get to see this **** in person.

As far as 1/6 goes, I'm off the Hot Toys train. They're infuriating. I'm assuming that's what this thread is really about isn't, "what Hot Toys figure do you hope to see at comic-con". Well, you know what you're going to see. 30% Marvel, 30% Star Wars, 25% Disney, 10% DC (whatever modern movie is coming that WB wants them to promote), and 5% misc. i.e. teases of prototypes that won't be in hand for a half a decade. You're going to see a lot of big vehicles that will probably never see the light of day and a bunch of Iron Man. The people listing Jedi Luke as one of the things you want to see most, why? We know what it's going to look like. Picture DX 07 Bespin Luke and Farmboy Luke in your head, now imagine that figure with the Jedi outfit. Really, the only surprise will be is what he comes with and how much Hot Toys cheaps out on or prices gouges what is included with him. The likeness? It'll look like every other Hot Toys figure. That dark tan complexion, weird eyes, a so-so Mark Hamill likeness, but overall okay and an improvement over what came before.

That '89 Prime 1 Batman you guys are talking about is probably going to be revealed at SDCC. Other than that though, I don't have high hopes for non-Justice Lwague movie Batman stuff.

As far as 1/6 goes, I'm off the Hot Toys train. They're infuriating. I'm assuming that's what this thread is really about isn't, "what Hot Toys figure do you hope to see at comic-con". Well, you know what you're going to see. 30% Marvel, 30% Star Wars, 25% Disney, 10% DC (whatever modern movie is coming that WB wants them to promote), and 5% misc. i.e. teases of prototypes that won't be in hand for a half a decade. You're going to see a lot of big vehicles that will probably never see the light of day and a bunch of Iron Man. The people listing Jedi Luke as one of the things you want to see most, why? We know what it's going to look like. Picture DX 07 Bespin Luke and Farmboy Luke in your head, now imagine that figure with the Jedi outfit. Really, the only surprise will be is what he comes with and how much Hot Toys cheaps out on or prices gouges what is included with him. The likeness? It'll look like every other Hot Toys figure. That dark tan complexion, weird eyes, a so-so Mark Hamill likeness, but overall okay and an improvement over what came before.

That '89 Prime 1 Batman you guys are talking about is probably going to be revealed at SDCC. Other than that though, I don't have high hopes for non-Justice Lwague movie Batman stuff.

You're not wrong.

I still want the Jedi Luke but you're still right. But I mean, I named my son after the character, I'm GONNA get it lol.

At the moment, I'd like to see more of the Guardians vol. 2 figures. I hope Starlord and Rocket aren't it. Yes, I've seen pics of Gamora and Drax but I'm still not sure those are even prototypes and could be just placeholders for the real prototypes. I also want Yondu, Nebula, and Mantis and I'd even buy Ego depending on price/accessories/etc.

Of course the best announcement Hot Toys could do would be to show us Penguin and Catwoman. I also want that Romero Joker but what would really knock my socks off would be an Yvonne Craig Batgirl. I'd preorder that on day one.

Only one I'd really like is a Logan figure. Will probabaly never happen so if a proto turned up at SDCC it would be great.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think you should divvy up that 5% between Marvel and DC because I do not think we will get ANYTHING from Hot Toys ever again that has not already been announced that does not fit in the Marvel, DC, Disney, Star Wars group. They just teased a new Xenomorph...that is the end for non "big 4" licenses...

I would like to see the final Furiosa.....from VTS.

As far as new surprise releases?

Hot Toys Darth Maul?

Maybe someone doing more horror figures? A original M Myers? Maybe some 1/6 Gremlins? Or a decent Shaun of the Dead set? Tarman from ROTLD? Or a good Mandalorian from the 5th Element

Some alternate DC stuff like Mad Hatter?

All pipe dreams..........

We will get a Spiderman Iron Man, and maybe Vulture.

I am still hoping for Jedi Luke.......Didnt buy a Luke yet cause this is the only version I want.

Or maybe Doc Brown from BTTF? (Original)

How about a

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hot Toys:

- Disney Young Captain Jack Sparrow
- Disney Captain Barbossa
- Disney Capitan Salazar
- Marvel Hulk (Gladiator)
- Marvel Thor (Gladiator)
- Marvel Logan/Wolverine
- Star Wars Jedi Luke Skywalker
- Star Wars The Emperor
- Star Wars Rey (new outfit)
- Star Wars C3PO
- Teaser for Star Wars episode I-III (Obi-Wan or Qui-Gon)
- Star Wars Jar Jar Binks (JK, :lol)
- DC Suicide Squad Joker (SWAT version)
- DC Justice League Aquaman
- DC Justice League Wonder Woman
- DC Justice League Flash
- DC Justice League Batman (tactical suit)
- DC Justice League Cyborg
- DC 1966 Joker

What I'd like to see is all from QmX. Star Trek TOS Uhuru and Checkov, painted sculpts for the TWOK line, details on the Captains Chair.

What I want to see is the gorram Firefly line. If it's cancelled, just let us know already. The wait has been quite absurd. :slap

93e38cefd30984cfc6042e13651d7cae.png
[emoji102]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is how I feel about QMX and them getting my hopes up that they'd complete the crew.

giphy.gif

I think Andy should clarify whether or not the line is dead. Ron Glass passed away in between the production of the line, did it affect the procurement of his likeness? Were the likenesses secured for all actors prior to QMX's commitment to do the whole crew? There are so many questions, and having Jayne being teased since 2014 certainly isn't a good sign.

Disney Captain Barbossa
Marvel GotG Vol. 2 Yondu
Marvel GotG Vol. 2 Nebula
Marvel GotG Vol. 2 Gamora
Marvel GotG Vol. 1 Ronan (I can dream, right?)
Marvel Thor
Marvel Hera
Marvel Planet Hulk
Marvel Logan/Wolverine
Marvel Spiderman HC Vulture
Marvel Spiderman
Marvel Shocker
Marvel HC Iron Man
Marvel Luke Cage
Marvel Ghost Rider Reyes
Marvel Iron Fist
Star Wars Anakin
Star Wars EP3 Obi-Wan
Star Wars Jedi Luke Skywalker
Star Wars The Emperor
Star Wars Animated Fett
Star Wars R1 Dirty Stormtrooper
Star Wars R1 Cassian
Star Wars Poe Dameron
Star Wars E8 Rey
Star Wars E8 Kylo (unmasked)
Star Wars E8 Leia
Star Wars Leia (Hoth)
DC 1966 Joker
DC Batman Returns Catwoman
DC Wonder Woman 2-pack with WW suit, and Diana 1915 look
DC Wonder Woman (Themyscira Outfit)
DC Justice League (Aquaman, Batman x2, Flash and WW)
BTTF 3 McFly Western
BTTF 3 Doc Western

Back