Comic Con Anaheim, LA, Vegas or San Diego

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Godfather

Just Business
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this while I attempt to recover from the SDCC plague. The contract is up in 2012 but would it still be Comic Con if it moved out of San Diego? Despite having missed the previous two years I have been to SDCC 6 times. Long enough to remember when the lines were not so bad and when you could head to walls and move without much trouble at all.

So what do you think should it move?

SD is a perfect location for it. The gaslamp area can't be replicated as there are so many close location for all of the production companies to use for promoting their upcoming movie or event.

I don't see how Anaheim could accomodate so many people when there are already so many vacationers there for Disneyland and California Adventures. Plus the fact it is too spread out the same with LA.

As for Vegas, meh too much there as is and we don't need everyone going home broke from gambling. Even though it would be funny to get exclusives from people who need money to get home dirt cheap :p

It is my understanding that over the years CC has outgrown San Diego. There are several reasons why it would be good in Vegas. One, it would be cheaper all around, two, they could seperate the panels from the exhibits, three, there would be alot more to do than just the con, four, I would go there in a heartbeat! :D

Anyway, from what I've read, Vegas isn't even in the picture. If it isn't, then I'd go with Anaheim if it doesn't stay in SD. I think Los Angeles would be alot more expensive.

Im sure Matt wants it in Las Vegas! i would say San Diego but i have never been to Vegas so i cant say it would suck over there.

LA would be awesome, I could stay at home and take train up. Anaheim would be cool I could drive very easily there. LA could be better now then before as they keep seeming to improve that area but there still isnt enough hotels close by for the crowd CC brings but then they would need a lot less hotels as a ton of people who go are from LA area. Anaheim has hotel room but would be fighting with the summer Disney crowd. Vegas could handle it better then anyone, the convention center is HUGE plus they have room to put stuff at a few surrounding hotels. They hold some of the biggest conventions there. Biggest problem is the heat, sorry I dont want to be in Vegas heat with a lot of the people at CC. They think there is a problem with sweaty people in SD it would be 1000 times worse in vegas. I am sure the strippers would be happy yo have that many geeks in town.:lol

If San Diego can't manage to keep it, then my choice would be Vegas.

If it goes to LA, I doubt I'll attend. Am thinking it would be too spread out; prospect of having to take a cab everywhere or rent a car does not make me happy. Would the hotels be that much cheaper in LA than it is in San Diego? Would we be able to capture the block party atmosphere that San Diego/Gaslamp affords?

**** LA, I would rather it stay in San Diego. Downtown LA sucks and I don't want to get stabbed while walking towards a panel.

I honestly don't think the City of San Diego would let Comic-Con leave. For 40 years, especially the last 10-15 years, it's brought in SO much money to the city, I doubt it will be allowed to leave.

I live in LA and would much rather it stay in SD. Downtown LA has improved recently, but there's nothing like the Gaslamp and it's not really cool to walk around at night. The hotels are another issue - people would have to stay even more spread out than they do in SD. Vegas would definitely be my second choice.

Don't like DOwntown LA..

Anahaim = snore

Vegas would be fun, and can accomodate.. bu i thought they want to keep it in Ca?..

SD works for me, i like taking a trip down there..

i think it can hold a sold out convention just fine... people just complain to much when they dont get their ideal housing situation.. deal w/ it and move on..

Back