Comic-Con 2013 Middle-earth Possibilities

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weta's stuff looks amazing! Thank god they have not abandoned ME. As for SS, in their upcoming preview section is shows the Hobbit announcement that we have seen/heard about for almost 10 months now.

How exciting that we will be getting another announcement announcing this announcement! :rotfl

How exciting that we will be getting another announcement announcing this announcement! :rotfl

:rotfl

but also :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: with a bit of :mad: thrown in :wink1:

The WETA stuff DOES look gorgeous for sure,but unfortunately for me,I just can't get used to those flat,plain,black bases...honestly I just don't find them attractive at all..in fact,I think they actually take away from the piece itself.You have a gorgeous piece of sculpture just dumped on there...not a fan at all. I like how the map is engraved on there,don't get me wrong...but I prefer a base that complements the pose the character is set in,that way it works like a snapshot of a moment from the movie.

I think WETA are an AWESOME company though,and I respect them to an insane degree...they are a very fan-friendly company and are working their arses off to give us ME fans some top-notch work :lecture

Still,the Azog looks positively stunning and as the black base looks to be covered up with a bit of environment,I'm gonna do all I can to get a hold of that one!!!

:rotfl

but also :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: with a bit of :mad: thrown in :wink1:

The WETA stuff DOES look gorgeous for sure,but unfortunately for me,I just can't get used to those flat,plain,black bases...honestly I just don't find them attractive at all..in fact,I think they actually take away from the piece itself.You have a gorgeous piece of sculpture just dumped on there...not a fan at all. I like how the map is engraved on there,don't get me wrong...but I prefer a base that complements the pose the character is set in,that way it works like a snapshot of a moment from the movie.

I think WETA are an AWESOME company though,and I respect them to an insane degree...they are a very fan-friendly company and are working their arses off to give us ME fans some top-notch work :lecture

Still,the Azog looks positively stunning and as the black base looks to be covered up with a bit of environment,I'm gonna do all I can to get a hold of that one!!!

its either Weta or nothing ever by anyone else...choose...dont count on SS....

Can someone post the SDCC imagery here for those who DONT have access to Facebook?

How comes so much Weta stuff has been photographed and posted but nothing from SS yet?

because....Weta is better at Middle-Earth than SS...No one is better for film ME than Weta ...thats it...be happy with what SS gave us with the Sauron/DROM as maybe the pinnacle of what SS does with M/E never to be what it was before...Weta will always do M/E IMHO

Not sure if it was ever posted...but LEGO has a cool Bag End EXCLUSIVE:

LEGO-SDCC-2013-The-Hobbit-Micro-Scale-Bag-End-e1374156307474-640x578.jpg

$40 bucks ONLY at show...and going for about $100 on eBay!

They just said some middle-earth news...although I suspect it's just the initial piece in The Hobbit line.

Back