Comic-Con 2013 Middle-earth Possibilities

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernLadMSP

Super Freak
Reaction score
You guys will love this! This was an article someone found on StatueForum, and it's detailing items that may be at SDCC. There are 2 Hobbit PFs listed (Bilbo and Thorin), as well as a whole slew of LOTR pieces (Cave Troll PF, new Lurtz piece, Sam Gamgee PF, Saruman PF)!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: This is getting ridiculous (Hobbit Statues...)

That's a lot of great stuff right there. I will have to get Eomer and Lurtz for sure. I'd love to get the Cave Troll Pf depending on the price. Thorn is a possibility as well.

That's a lot of great stuff right there. I will have to get Eomer and Lurtz for sure. I'd love to get the Cave Troll Pf depending on the price. Thorn is a possibility as well.

I'm guessing even though the Lurtz says "Lurtz Polystone Statue/Premium Format Figure #2," I would assume it's going to be part of the maquette line.

I'm just so frickin' excited to see Saruman PF listed.

Thats a couple of interesting lists, was hoping more for Faramir then Eomer, but still.

Bilbo and Sam PF's will require some serious thought, likely pass on all the rest.

And a little OT, but the list of Disney items is a bit sad, half of the characters I've never heard of, all are only in the possible list, so many not happen at all and none are animated, so I guess that part of the line is dead.

With the atrocious spelling there is some cause for concern but more often than not these lists seem to bear fruit. LSF Rings piece. Must be Gandalf. They already did two large scale bad guys and I can't think of another character that would hit the line off right. Gandalf=Ben basically. Could be epic if they borrowed the pose from the bronze.

Cave Troll PF = yikes.

Unrelated here but a Mythos Grievous would be very cool as well.

Wow, Merry and Pippin on Sylvebarbe (an ent).

Eh, the most I look at list 2 this looks bogus. Boromir and Gimli PF???

Last edited:

With the atrocious spelling there is some cause for concern but more often than not these lists seem to bear fruit. LSF Rings piece. Must be Gandalf. They already did two large scale bad guys and I can't think of another character that would hit the line off right. Gandalf=Ben basically. Could be epic if they borrowed the pose from the bronze.

Cave Troll PF = yikes.

Unrelated here but a Mythos Grievous would be very cool as well.

Well, the article is in French, so I wouldn't really be concerned with the spelling of the names.

Well, the article is in French, so I wouldn't really be concerned with the spelling of the names.

True enough. Still when I discovered list 2 I became more dubious but I guess they are listed as hopefuls.

True enough. Still when I discovered list 2 I became more dubious but I guess they are listed as hopefuls.

Yeah, I mean it surprised me how many items are on the first list even, but dang, if it were true, I have about 5-6 must have's on the first list alone.

My gosh, if this list is indeed what's going to be released, my wallet is going to cry!!! :thud:

But from the list, the plausible releases I'd say would be Lurtz maquette (as we saw a snippet of this - a concept drawing), and Saruman PF (I think I read somewhere that it was mentioned in a forum).

If SS is intending to reveal all these at SDCC, they would have already by now, given us something as a snippet. But I have not seen or read anywhere mentions of Thorin PF, Bilbo PF, etc. :dunno

I'm guessing even though the Lurtz says "Lurtz Polystone Statue/Premium Format Figure #2," I would assume it's going to be part of the maquette line.

I'm just so frickin' excited to see Saruman PF listed.

Yeah, I can't imagine it would be a PF. Lurtz is cool but doesn't need a second PF. A Saruman PF will look great. Ill have to pass but it will look great.

That looks like an awful big list of stuff. I just wonder if that's someone's dream! :lol

I can't imagine all of those will be there. Some of the, will have to be just simple previews.

I'm not putting much store in this list to be honest :(, but still, makes for exciting reading. :panic:

Even if only a fraction of it comes to pass, I'll be one happy bunny. :blissy :blissy :blissy

I want them all. :love

Last edited:

I can't imagine all of those will be there. Some of the, will have to be just simple previews.

Imagine if they were though :thud:

I would have some sort of fit I can tell you!!! :panic:

Samwise PF (aswell as Bilbo and Thorin PF's) is what I'm hoping for :pray:

These LISTs are a joke...has Sideshow EVER had half this many announcements at a SDCC? Not really...most stuff they show at SDCC are things that they previously ANNOUNCED but had not yet revealed or perhaps one or two new unexpected items. Looking at this list is looking into a fan-boy's dream.

Basically, if we did a straw poll on any Sideshow fan site...ran it for a couple months...and then compiled the results...the resulting list would look VERY similar to these lists.

Also notice that the lists SAY 'proprietary information of the Fana FORUMS'...my guess is that these lists are just a compilation of fan wishlists.

Now...having said all that...I would take ANYTHING LOTR at this point...

That's a huge list. Some intresting things missing from it are the Baroness, Catwoman and Harely all 1/6 figures they showed last year but have not put up for PO. Also that is a ton of Star Wars figures and DC figures. That's like 3 years worth the way stuff has been coming out recently.

With how long it has been taking things to be released I could see them showing two PFs for the Hobbit with one coming out around the time of the second movie and the other coming out next summer.

cave troll and saruman are both said to be coming though :lecture

...however,I would much rather a Sam PF.

Also,I hope SS never takes LOTR into the LSF department..those are way too big/expensive and I already own a lot of PF's...I kinda like those as my big stand-out pieces...if SS started doing LOTR LSF's,collecting more PF's would be kind of redundant in a way. For me,anyway.

cave troll and saruman are both said to be coming though :lecture

...however,I would much rather a Sam PF.

Also,I hope SS never takes LOTR into the LSF department..those are way too big/expensive and I already own a lot of PF's...I kinda like those as my big stand-out pieces...if SS started doing LOTR LSF's,collecting more PF's would be kind of redundant in a way. For me,anyway.

Sorry man but an LOTR LSF is inevitable I think. A gandalf LSF would be a perfect cross-over piece as well.

Back