Comic Collections: TPB or HC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I prefer to collect...

• Trade Paperbacks

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Hardcovers

Votes: 31 68.9%

• Total voters
Out of the four that I've owned, I've got to give it to Justice, and that comes down to what I see on the page. Alex Ross is my favorite artist, and getting to see that beautiful work on those massive pages is a sight to behold. Not to mention, all of the extra art in the bonus features; it's just a visual treat. I loved The Long Halloween, too, but, unfortunately, I sold that one (to fund my other hobby: Hot Toys:lol). I found a site that has them all 45-50% off, though, as I told KBA, so, if this first one goes through alright (New Frontier!), I'll try to rebuild the collection. The ones that are the priority right now are Absolute All-Star Superman, Kingdom Come, The Long Halloween, and Dark Victory. After that, it's Watchmen, the Morrison stuff, and the Green Lantern stuff.

Out of the four that I've owned, I've got to give it to Justice, and that comes down to what I see on the page. Alex Ross is my favorite artist, and getting to see that beautiful work on those massive pages is a sight to behold. Not to mention, all of the extra art in the bonus features; it's just a visual treat. I loved The Long Halloween, too, but, unfortunately, I sold that one (to fund my other hobby: Hot Toys:lol). I found a site that has them all 45-50% off, though, as I told KBA, so, if this first one goes through alright (New Frontier!), I'll try to rebuild the collection. The ones that are the priority right now are Absolute All-Star Superman, Kingdom Come, The Long Halloween, and Dark Victory. After that, it's Watchmen, the Morrison stuff, and the Green Lantern stuff.
Green Lantern is the ones I really collect in Absolute. Rebirth was my first one and I fell in love with it.

Well, I got my package, and I can't recommend them highly enough! The book seems to be in top shape, and everything is still factory sealed, and they packed this thing like nobody's business.

cheapgraphicnovels.com

Do it folks.

5B1933B8-D698-462D-9D04-220AE21A52BB-2780-0000018D74CC0B94.jpg

Great to hear! Shipping kills it for me on Absolutes, but I'll definitely wait for a few hardcovers to come out and place an order!

Has anyone here got the All New X-Men HC?

I've heard they are using lesser quality paper and have done away with the dust jackets, choosing instead to print the cover on the book. Are these true?

Has anyone here got the All New X-Men HC?

I've heard they are using lesser quality paper and have done away with the dust jackets, choosing instead to print the cover on the book. Are these true?

I can't confirm for that particular title, but I have seen it on other Marvel hardcovers. Secret Avengers comes to mind. Felt really cheap. They should just go the TPB route instead. Hope it doesn't happen to the ones I buy.

Back