Comic books are officially just a PC tool.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excluding the change for Black Panther, the other 3 would still be black characters despite the PC changes and add to the diversity of the Marvel U. What's the problem? There's a healthy amount of minority characters in the Marvel U. Let's start putting some of them in the LGBT community for a more diverse Marvel U.

Just the minorities, or everyone?

Just the minorities, or everyone?

Here is a list of some of Marvels most popular black characters:

Black Panther
Bishop
Sam Wilson
Blade
James Rhodes
Luke Cage
Storm
Ultimate Nick Fury
Deathlok
Misty Knight

Which of these characters are considered part of the LGBT community? As a matter of fact, name me one somewhat popular costumed black character that is.

Here is a list of some of Marvels most popular black characters:

Black Panther
Bishop
Sam Wilson
Blade
James Rhodes
Luke Cage
Storm
Ultimate Nick Fury
Deathlok
Misty Knight

Which of these characters are considered part of the LGBT community? As a matter of fact, name me one somewhat popular costumed black character that is.

It was your suggestion filip.

Bull. Radicals steer the ship.

Everything has extremes. Political parties, nationalities, religions, social movements, interest groups, philosophies, etc. Were I to lump you in with the most radical of the groups with which you identify, you wouldn't take too kindly to that.

If everyone believed as you do, there would be no debate. No argument. No rhetoric. We would all be attacking each other based on the stereotypical images of the groups with which we align ourselves, not the points we make. Not the issues. At best, we would stagnate as a society. At worst, we'd be dead.

what happens when the radicals get all the attention and they become the spokepeople for the movement? what happens when you google name of the movement and all you get is radical pages? ignoring a problem doesnt make it go away

Then I can't afford to abandon the movement, can I? It's clear I don't consider it as much of a lost cause as you do. That seems to be where we disagree. Not much left to say.

Again, I stopped collecting a long time ago. Don't have an answer for you but please make your point.

My point is you can't name one off the top of your head. Don't worry, neither can I. Doesn't it strike you as odd that in the Marvel U there isn't one? How is that not lopsided? That's my point. That's why I listed black characters and said it can go both ways. How can you have a diverse Marvel U without one single black noteworthy LGBT character?

How come a character is never changed to Chinese, Native American, even Hindu. Its either Black or Gay.

My point is you can't name one off the top of your head. Don't worry, neither can I. Doesn't it strike you as odd that in the Marvel U there isn't one? How is that not lopsided? That's my point. That's why I listed black characters and said it can go both ways. How can you have a diverse Marvel U without one single black noteworthy LGBT character?

My point was lopsided concerning black / white / every other racial category, not sexual preference. That was your suggestion on 3 of 4. And what I stated is that it doesn't change their appearance, not really. If Marvel wants to make one, new or old, great. Just making one a lesbian or transgendered doesn't necessarily make all thing equal where total numbers are concerned.

How come a character is never changed to Chinese, Native American, even Hindu. Its either Black or Gay.

Recently yes, but the first one I remember went from White Brit to Japanese. Wait, scratch that. The first one I recall went from White demigod to a frog.

this reminds me of the mascot from Community (when they were trying to not offend anyone)

latest

My point was lopsided concerning black / white / every other racial category, not sexual preference. That was your suggestion on 3 of 4. And what I stated is that it doesn't change their appearance, not really. If Marvel wants to make one, new or old, great. Just making one a lesbian or transgendered doesn't necessarily make all thing equal where total numbers are concerned.

I'm done. :chug

You've lost me. :dunno :wave :duff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back