Premium Format Colossus Premium Format Figure 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I guess this means if they do Cyclops and Beast they would be in Jim Lee era rather then Astonishing at this point? Couldn't tell which way SSC is going when they made Emma with Rogue and Psylocke, but now that Colossus is in his classic costume I guess Cyclops and Beast would be too, or they might just do what SSC does best and have everything all over the place so you can't display them together as a coherent team...

---

I think Colossus' costume looks closer to his Astonishing costume rather than his classic or Lee costume. IMO, Wolverine, Emma, and Colossus fill out the Cassaday era of Astonishing X-MEN. I'm hoping for a Astonishing era Cyclops PF. I'm down for either a Byrne or Cassaday based Cyclops. If we do get another Lee Cyke, it'll be a HARD PASS for me. I absolutely despise the Lee costume on Cyclops.

They should make a chromed variant.
They probably will, even though this finish is more comics accurate IMO. They’ll likely wait until this one has shipped and then announce another version with chrome paint and some new bell or whistle. This will be right in line with PFs like Green Poison Ivy, Phoenix, GL Sinestro, Modern Age Batman, etc. It’s an easy cash grab with minimal investment. Smart business although it would tick off some collectors. I’m trying to decide between this one and XM. Will just depend on price. While I prefer the XM, with shipping it could end up being $500+ more, which wouldn’t be worth it.

I think the pics look amazing but I wouldn't mind it a little more shiny /chromed. The final paint job might look great so fingers crossed

The biggest fear I have with this piece is Sideshow's final production outcome. The "silver" paint they used on the Captain Phasma PF looked like ****. I'm worried about an inconsistent paint application here. I'm going with the XM because of their consistency with the final product and it's also a better, more dynamic sculpt.

I also had phasma in mind but they've pretty much nailed the xmen line so I'm hopeful

He's a beast lol interested to see how he scales with the others in the line

I rather have a different portrait for the ex, maybe him grinding his teeth or yelling--something more aggressive.

Lockheed on him doesn't work IMO, I feel it is a cheap way to force a companion piece purchase (juggernaut ex, or maybe an upcoming shadowcat?). Personally, I would not display him with Lockheed.

I also think he needs a light shine--not all chromed out, but if it looks like matted grey it will cheap. He is supposed to look metal, not plastic after all.

I hate joining price discussions, but I will in this case. I’m hopeful the reason we didn’t get a super dynamic Colossus with a giant base is to help keep the costs down. The XM Colossus is ~$1k (plus shipping to the US). This really needs to come in around the $700 mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like I was close [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa Nelly! This is one badass sculpt!

https://www.sideshow.com/blog/fortify-your-x-men-collection-with-the-colossus-premium-format-figure

300724_press1.jpg

300724_press2.jpg

300724_press13.jpg

300724_press3.jpg

300724_press11.jpg

300724_press24.jpg

Looks amazing, would still prefer more chrome for the price. Fantastic sculpt though

Back