Colossus Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Contacted SS about my messed up box. They told me they will send out a new one to me at no charge. Already got the shipping notice. So glad I don't have to return the statue since it's in great shape. Customer service came through.

If you don't read comics why are you getting comic statues and paintings? I never understood that.

Because some people like art. Art in all its forms.

Regardless of a comic fan's opinion on various statue interpretations, the Colossus statue is a piece of art.

It's quite simple, really.
:dunno

Because some people like art. Art in all its forms.

Regardless of a comic fan's opinion on various statue interpretations, the Colossus statue is a piece of art.

It's quite simple, really.
:dunno

He doesn't even know what Colossus power does. :slap That's like buying products for a movie you not seen. After I bought a few statues, I would at least be interested in the source and read a few comics. After all, comics are awesome! :yess:

He doesn't even know what Colossus power does. :slap That's like buying products for a movie you not seen. After I bought a few statues, I would at least be interested in the source and read a few comics. After all, comics are awesome! :yess:

No. It's like buying a piece of art that you took a liking to.

These are not action figures. They're museum-quality statues. And there are plenty of high quality original pieces of statue art in the marketplace that have absolutely no background story yet people still buy it.

Someone can buy this Colossus piece, no absolutely jack **** about the character, but still find it fascinating as a piece of art to purchase and display.

To each his own.

No. It's like buying a piece of art that you took a liking to.

These are not action figures. They're museum-quality statues. And there are plenty of high quality original pieces of statue art in the marketplace that have absolutely no background story yet people still buy it.

Someone can buy this Colossus piece, no absolutely jack **** about the character, but still find it fascinating as a piece of art to purchase and display.

To each his own.

Yep and I'm saying that if you are interested enough in a piece you will go look up the background story. Works the same way for people interested in a piece of art, you find out the origins and where it came from. If you own a fine piece of art and weren't curious enought to look up the history that would be weird as well. I would think with a person who has multiple Marvel items in his display, he would be at least curious enough to pick up a comic book to find out the history of the character. I'm sure he can input his own motivation which he alone knows for sure, and does not need you to interject. :dunno

I don't read comics and collect statues, does that make me weird too? I read comics when I was younger so I know all the characters and all their powers but haven't read one in 18 yrs!

I think it's safe to say a person can collect these amazing statues and appreciate them on a different level but equally as much as a person who reads comics. Let's be real, these statues are breath takers in person and most people if they saw one in person, would be hard pressed not to want one. In the end this great hobby of ours is built around the foundation of people who want to collect and all are welcome. Side note if you haven't read comics ever or in a long time this gives you the opp to fall even more in love with the backstory of your favorite statues.

I don't read comics and collect statues, does that make me weird too? I read comics when I was younger so I know all the characters and all their powers but haven't read one in 18 yrs!

of course it doesn't brother, you did read them a while ago even if not currently, so you can relate to them :hi5:

they are works of art and sure you collect them but if you never bothered to comics at all you are missing out on a large part of the beauty, greatness and history of the character.:wink1:

That's why having a flesh head of Colossus does not matter if you don't know a thing about him. :monkey1

Last edited:
That's why having a flesh head of Colossus does not matter if you don't know a thing about him. :monkey1

You seem to be bothered by my Colossus statue. Does it make you jealous to know that I don’t care for comics, but still own an impressive collection of statues and art? I have several Colossus statues, so having one with a human head isn’t that big of a deal to me.

You seem to be bothered by my Colossus statue. Does it make you jealous to know that I don’t care for comics, but still own an impressive collection of statues and art? I have several Colossus statues, so having one with a human head isn’t that big of a deal to me.

Now I want to see your Colossus Collection Carillj :)

The flesh head never bothered me you can just chuck it, it's more the lines on the face and the size of the comiquette. Those lines better not be in the Jim Lee PF.

As for not reading comics, why the heck not, they rock!

That's the feeling I'm getting, too.

Last edited:
of course it doesn't brother, you did read them a while ago even if not currently, so you can relate to them :hi5:

they are works of art and sure you collect them but if you never bothered to comics at all you are missing out on a large part of the beauty, greatness and history of the character.:wink1:

But what you are FAILING TO UNDERSTAND, is that some people couldn't care less about the "history of the character."

They buy art...for art. That's it.

Why is this so difficult to grasp?

But what you are FAILING TO UNDERSTAND, is that some people couldn't care less about the "history of the character."

They buy art...for art. That's it.

Why is this so difficult to grasp?

I'm fine with that, just find it interesting that people just won't pick up a comic to find out more about the many statues, especially when comics are works of art in themselves and I wonder how many collectors of Marvel in here never read comics. Just never thought that people will spend thousands of dollars on items and not know their history. That could be why they don't care about comic accuracy or lack thereof.

Do you not read comics too? :wave

Last edited:
Back