Colossus Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you checked Ebay ended auction prices lately? The Colossus exclusive is already selling for close to retail price and in some cases more.

It's not hard to believe, or laughable at that, to see this statue becoming a sleeper hit after Angel and Beast are released.

the exclusive selling close to retail is good? someone must be desperate to sell the statue for below what they bought it at after shipping and taxes. it's still available directly from sideshow not even on low quantity.
i am sorry to burst your bubble but this is not a sleeper hit.

the exclusive selling close to retail is good? someone must be desperate to sell the statue for below what they bought it at after shipping and taxes. it's still available directly from sideshow not even on low quantity.

Yea unfortunately I'm going to have to agree as much as I wish it were. Colosuss is a fan favorite and the head sculpts basically doomed it for being the hot item it could have been. Sure there may be other complaints but the initial turnoff for anyone is the faces. Poor poor Colossus :slap

Have you checked Ebay ended auction prices lately? The Colossus exclusive is already selling for close to retail price and in some cases more.

It's not hard to believe, or laughable at that, to see this statue becoming a sleeper hit after Angel and Beast are released.

Now that's just crazy to pay more than retail when it's still available on SSC website...:cuckoo:

Okay, let me rephrase that for you. None of the exclusives have sold below retail.

If I was a gambling man, I would bet good money that this statue will increase in value. I'm not saying that it will hit grail status, but it will be sought after more when the other statues are released.

Now that's just crazy to pay more than retail when it's still available on SSC website...:cuckoo:

International collectors could save on shipping and customs by going through Ebay. When I downsize my collection every year, I would say that 90% of my sales are with foreign collectors. It's win -win for both sides, since they usually pay higher.

Yea unfortunately I'm going to have to agree as much as I wish it were. Colosuss is a fan favorite and the head sculpts basically doomed it for being the hot item it could have been. Sure there may be other complaints but the initial turnoff for anyone is the faces. Poor poor Colossus :slap

I don’t think the face is an issue. It was made an issue here on the forums, which in my opinion make up a small percentage of the collectors. If you think about it, there are thousands of collectors in the world, but there are only a small few of the same people making the same repetitive comments. Believe me; we are not the voice that’s driving this hobby.

With 1,400 Colossus comiquettes (400 of those exclusives), the large edition size is what I think is preventing this statue from being a sellout. This has nothing to do with the face. Also take into account that people are struggling financially, and there are just way too many statues available in what has become a flooded market. The anticipation for Beast and Angel are keep people interested enough to talk about Colossus, so there is reason to think that it will become more popular.

To put it in perspective, the Colossus legendary scale bust exclusive limited to only 175 still hasn’t sold-out. Can we blame that on a bad face or overall bad sculpt? I don’t have the answer, since it’s all open for debate and opinion.

I don’t think the face is an issue. It was made an issue here on the forums, which in my opinion make up a small percentage of the collectors. If you think about it, there are thousands of collectors in the world, but there are only a small few of the same people making the same repetitive comments. Believe me; we are not the voice that’s driving this hobby.

With 1,400 Colossus comiquettes (400 of those exclusives), the large edition size is what I think is preventing this statue from being a sellout. This has nothing to do with the face. Also take into account that people are struggling financially, and there are just way too many statues available in what has become a flooded market. The anticipation for Beast and Angel are keep people interested enough to talk about Colossus, so there is reason to think that it will become more popular.

To put it in perspective, the Colossus legendary scale bust exclusive limited to only 175 still hasn’t sold-out. Can we blame that on a bad face or overall bad sculpt? I don’t have the answer, since it’s all open for debate and opinion.

Such a good all around point especially when looking at the newly released Emma Frost LSB, plus with being tabbed with the NRD, and a 200 EX ES. It has sold out and it's hard for me to believe that she has more of a fan base than Colossus. Which had no NRD and the face is the Colossus that most everyone loved.

To put it in perspective, the Colossus legendary scale bust exclusive limited to only 175 still hasn’t sold-out.

Don't tell Fb that or next time we see his collection he'll have the remaining 50 Colossus bust's lining the roof of his house! :lol

All great points carrillj but I think we are talking about two different things entirely. I def never said nor meant to imply that the colossus com isn't selling because of the head sculpts, on the contrary I bought one myself and would be a total hypocrite. What I am saying is coming from a Colossus fan you'll be hard pressed to find a majority of folks that would have preferred the look they went with instead of the classic look. That has nothing directly to do with the sales themselves its just something I'm sure any die hard Colossus fan would say simply because that is the look we grew up with him being. I love he new take on the suit and he slightly different shine to the armor, but the face just isn't what people grew up on him are use to. So my point is because the com didn't hit the classic look and from what all I hear (not just in his forum) is people wanted a classic Colossus, I don't se this hitting Grail status. Will it sell out at some point in time, sure I think it's a solid statue; enough so to have I in my collection but grails have to knock it out of he park if you ask me and IMO this just doesn't do it. On that note, trust me when I say hope the market proves me wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

And don't make me go buy the rest of the lsbs in stock cause I will :wink1:

I think the Comiquette line should focus on the most iconic versions of characters, or mark character milestones (like Mohawk Storm). I personally don't like Colossus' modern costume, and would have preferred any of his other get ups, but following the character milestones theme, the armoured costume he wore when he plunged the Legacy cure into his chest would have been my top choice since Scott Lobdell and Chris Pacheco did a bang up job on that comic.

I think the Comiquette line should focus on the most iconic versions of characters, or mark character milestones (like Mohawk Storm). I personally don't like Colossus' modern costume, and would have preferred any of his other get ups, but following the character milestones theme, the armoured costume he wore when he plunged the Legacy cure into his chest would have been my top choice since Scott Lobdell and Chris Pacheco did a bang up job on that comic.

I kind of like the modern look to the X-MEN comiquette line. If you look at this line throughout various companies that produce these types of statues, the classic look is beat to death. If you want hooker boots Colossus, SSC will make a Jim Lee style PF for you. I dig the new Colossus costume as well as the classics. It's a cool look. Since I have the classic costumes in my Bowen X-MEN line up, I'm very happy with the modern costumes. They stand apart from my other X-MEN statues.

Now if SSC put out a Byrne/Cockrum classic comiquette line I would be ALL OVER that! That for me spells classic X-MEN, not Jim Lee.

Well, I contacted SSC about my damaged box. I hope they can just send me a new one. I'd hate to have to smash or return this piece over a damaged box. The rest of the statue is perfect.

Well, I contacted SSC about my damaged box. I hope they can just send me a new one. I'd hate to have to smash or return this piece over a damaged box. The rest of the statue is perfect.

Thawould totally suck. Keep us posted and I hope you don't have to go to such drastic measures for a new box.

Such a good all around point especially when looking at the newly released Emma Frost LSB, plus with being tabbed with the NRD, and a 200 EX ES. It has sold out and it's hard for me to believe that she has more of a fan base than Colossus. Which had no NRD and the face is the Colossus that most everyone loved.

Emma Frost LSB didn't have the NRD.

colossus doesn't have boobies :monkey1

Emma Frost LSB didn't have the NRD.

:lecture

I caught that too. I am surprised this is back on the whole design issue. The comiquettes are the modern line and I like that. The PF's will be a Jim Lee design. Wait for them and stop complaining.

Back